Six Feet Under

Pilot

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jun 03, 2001 on HBO

• Pilot

Every show needs to have a strong pilot episode and Six Feet Under certainly had that when this show debuted for the very first time on H B O. The entire episode was just filled with so much grief and hardship and thats something that reall set Six Feet Under apart from the rest of the shows on Tv. The death of Nate Fisher sends the Fisher family into emotional shock. The oldest son, Nate Jr comes home from seattle to a greiving family whos father has just passed away. The scene at the graveyard is one of the most memorable scences in the entire series. The only thing I could possibly say bad about the episode is that Ruths crying was a little too much to handle at times. It was okay some of the times, but at times it seemed very fake to me. I likes the character introduction and hope they are expanded on in future episode (which I know they will be). The only other thing about the episode was the random commercial style things, but that technique was just a fun thing used for the pilot episode.