Six Feet Under

Pilot

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jun 03, 2001 on HBO

• Pilot episode.

A superb start to the HBO series, "Six Feet Under." This was one of the best pilots I have ever seen. We got a great feel from all the characters and we got to delve in to the lives of the unusual Fischer family who run a mortuary business.

We've got some great acting, intriguing characters, and a hell of a premise. Not to mention the brilliant writing. An unusual premise with promise. HBO and other premium channels like Showtime never fail to impress viewers with intriguing and original shows like "Big Love", "United States of Tara", and critically acclaimed: "The Wire"

This show is no different with this amazing pilot. A lot of dark humor here, which I found myself laughing through, all throughout the episode. A great balance of comedy & drama, as how we can have a mental breakdown from a character, to some funny remark or reference.

The characters, all of them, I instantly fell in love with, brilliant acting from Michael C. Hall & Lauren Ambrose, it's not a shocker that these actors and this show in general got so many awards. Will tune in for the next episode, we've got something really good here.