Six Feet Under

HBO (ended 2005)

AJMeredith

Six Feet Under Fan Reviews (114)

• Great Show except all the GAY CRAP and Brenda

Watched all seasons of this show, loved it all except the constant need to show the ACCEPTANCE of GAY lifestyle. They really tried to make GAY look cool. Plus Brenda, that actress is horrible. I could not stand her in this show, nor her role in ABC Brother's and Sisters, now she is on some stupid show about a camp. She whines, and is soooooo not attractive. This show was dark, and deep, but GREAT!
  • Life is full of Ups and Downs

I started watching this after completing the DEXTER series as i'm a great fan of Michael C. Hall.

It was strange for me to see him play a gay character, that too very well.

The story started right from the 1st episode when Nathaniel Fisher dies, and the burden of maintaining the business is now dropped on to the Fisher sons.

All the characters are very well made and portrayed. I personally loved Brenda and Claire. Former being very smart, and the latter struggling with the daily schooling which is the case of many.

It is full of family drama which is not the case of many soaps running currently, i guess none. Very rarely such a soap is made so full of family drama.

Won't be liked by people who love thrillers, but will be liked to the core who love drama especially family
  • Simply the greatest television show to ever grace the screen.

I firmly believe this to be true, and don't think it has much competition. The only reason I did not give it a ten is because I'd like to assume the "perfect" television show has yet to be created. Either way, the Fishers are perfectly developed in every way. No show delves deeper into it's characters, side characters included. Every person: Ruth, Nate, David, Claire, Brenda, Keith, Russell, Lisa, etc, fill their roles as well as they possibly could; especially the first five. This and the relevancy of everything that takes place in the lives of these characters makes watching this show an incredible, enlightening and tragically beautiful experience. Six Feet Under is truly the mirror of humanity.
  • Compelling and a must watch

One of my favourite shows. Six feet under is a amazing show that tells the story of The Fishers and how they run their funeral home. The show is different from much of HBO''s offering as it tackles the issues of close knit family and how they deal with everyday life problems. Death is the main theme of the show but at later seasons the families issues are more explored. It is one of the shows that draws you deep and makes you connect with the characters and has one of the best finales ever of
  • This used to be one of my favorite shows. Then the fourth season aired.

The saga of the Fishers (mother Ruth and children Nate Jr., Claire, and David) and their funeral home rapidly joined The Sopranos as an HBO signature show. Every show starts with a death of someone soon to come to the funeral home, and the personal stories of the Fishers always were mirrored/metaphored by the recently deceased they were processing, and these conversations with the dead (including the patriarch, who dies at the start of the series) always left the characters with a better sense of what they were doing/where they were going. The show possesses a quirky and slightly dark sense of humor that keeps things from getting too morbid. Much like the first two seasons of The Sopranos, the first season was a great set-up; the second, near perfect. The third season saw a slight departure to heavier drama, and the show started to suffer a bit for it. The fourth season was nearly unwatchable. Everything that made the show what it was was sadly eliminated, and even the opening deaths were often there only for tradition's sake, having nothing to do with the plot, while the characters' lives were torn to shreads. It was almost as if the writers were having a competition to see who they could make suffer the most, and in doing so they unwittingly chose the audience. I even changed the channel a few times, but came back, hoping the show's former greatness would return. Save for a relatively satisfying finale, it never did. After last night's pretty decent season 5 premiere, I'm hopeful for a resurgence to greatness during SFU's final season, but when slighly whacko Brenda (Nate's longtime lover and current wife) is rapidly becoming the most normal character on the show, there is pause for doubt on my part.
    First season: 9.0
    Second season: 10.0
    Third season: 6.5
    Fourth season: 2.5
    Average comes to 7.0
  • Art.

"TV as an art form" was the tagline for this show for many seasons and after watching all of the episodes I can finnaly agree with that statement. This show is by far the best show on Television. The emotional connections associated with this small town fmaily running a funeral home seems like such a bad idea on paper, but becomes art when put on the tv screen. Between the rich character development and continous story development, Six Feet Under is one of the greatest TV shows ever made. Without a doubt a must see for anyone who hasn't seen the show yet. 10/10
  • this show is off and on for me, mostly off the writing is horrible and the characters aren't very smart, at least the way they view world situations. I would put a lower score, but this site doesn't let you put below 1.1 on some pages for some reason.

1.1
    I have been watching it in re-runs on Bravo, and it's all right, I don't really think it's that great, but I have been to alot of funerals. so funeral homes aren't exactly the best place for a show to take place. This show is full of people who have been in good shows, and some are in good shows right now. The actors are pretty good, the story isn't the best from the few I have seen, but I have only watched a few episodes so I think I have seen this show enough to stop watching it. I thought it's a decent show, but, maybe it's not worth watching.
  • A smart choise.

A drama series about undertakers shouldn't really be compelling drama, but when I heard that this was to be a drama about undertakers created by the writer of American Beauty and developed by HBO I took notice. Those pedigrees instantly suggest a great series and I am happy to say I am not disappointed. First of all this is television of almost redefining brilliance. The series is hard edged (some of the death scenes of the clients (i.e the guess characters whose funeral takes center stage of each episode) tends to be quite graphic, such as the auto-erotica asphyxiation scenario), the language frequently strong (the c-word has been uttered frequently) and there are many number of sexual scenes. However, unlike HBO's other golden child, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under may be undeniably adult fare, this is a series with heart and emotional integrity and is frequently very moving, but does so without dipping into the realms of sentimentality. Don't kid yourself if you haven't seen this series yet, we're not in made for television film territory here. This is dark stuff, full of disturbing dream sequences, downright strange dream sequences and sex of every kind (heterosexual and homosexual both get an equal look in here).

A great series would be nothing without great characters and Six Feet Under has them in abundance. The Fisher family are at the forefront of the story and each one has their inherent little pet foibles that mark them out as superb to watch. Nate is laid back and is starting a serious relationship with Brenda, his brother David is gay (for the first season heavily closeted), sister Clare is a teenager coping with peer pressure and boyfriend trouble, mother Ruth is severely insecure while father Nathaniel senior is, well, he's dead and his ghost shows up every so often to give guidance to his family, most often to David. Then there's Brenda, Nate's girlfriend who has a crazy, psychopath of a brother, and her subsequent problems with sex addiction. If this all sounds crazy, then you're right, Six Feet Under is crazy, but with television getting increasingly lazy by relying on formulaic reality television show, Six Feet Under is breath of fresh air. It's surreal, downright strange yet compelling and beautiful. The wonderful music score by Thomas Newman, the great scripts and wonderful direction, and let's not forget the fantastic Emmy nominated performances, all help to make this one of the most moving shows on television. The way that the family deal with the funeral at the heart of each episode and the way that the writers deal with the story makes Six Feet Under one of the most poignant shows on television today.

A series that is disturbing, puzzling but eventually moving, this is truly one of a kind.
  • A groundbreaking show in a number of respects.

This show is a recent favourite of mine. While I discovered it quite late I absolutely loved it. The writing and characters are so strong and its truely compelling to watch. Although its not particularly long ( 5 seasons 63 episodes) it really will make you sad to see it go. I absolutely loved the final episode where it flashforwards to the future. The main premise of the show is about a family (the Fishers) who own a funeral home. In the first episode Nathanial Fisher dies and the rest of the family are brought together. The show revolved around Nate, Claire, Ruth and David Fisher and they love interests and career paths. I truely enjoyed watching this show so much. Also the fact it was a cable show on HBO means that its a bit more "gritty" and the characters swear and such making the show that little bit more realistic. If you havnt seen the show already I advise you do its fantastic.
  • Doesn't anyone know what this show is about?

0.0
    Once again, I am sorry to break this to the fans of this example of decaying societal values, but this show is just a few steps away from mainstreaming necrophelia. You doubt me? Have you noticed, for example, when the couples are ever having a conversation while in bed, as many couples do at the end of an average day, that there is a B&W filter placed over the lens of the camera taking the shot? Now why would "they" do that? They are colorless and gray, as if dead, themselves. The people look like corpses talking like normal people, like you might have seen in color, as if alive, on, "Little House on the Prairie," or, Doctor Marcus Welby, MD" or the, "I Love Lucy Show" if they ever could have shown couples even in the same single bed on TV in those days. Nope, everything has been tried and everything will yet push the envelope. All the sidebar storylines of that show are just distractive reasons to exist, irrelevant to the main theme. You are sure I am way off the mark, aren't you.
  • i loved it plz bring it back i loved it plz bring it back i loved it plz bring it back i loved it plz bring it back i loved it plz bring it back i loved it plz bring it back i loved it plz bring it b

i loved it
    plz bring it back
  • Twisted sense of humour and i wouldnt have it any other way.

Showtime shows are so detailed but its a thing to love. I love this show for its complexity and how its characters evolve episode by episode. You might need patience for it at the start but when you start watching it you wont be able to stop. Michael C Hall is amazing in this, isnt a surprise why he got the part for Dexter. Talking about characters, the mother of the household has got to be he most funniest person to come out of shell, trying to find herself in a world she definitely doesnt understand and needs to catch up with. All the characters in this show are all crazy in their own right, and thank god for that.
  • Original, compelling, heartbreaking, funny, influential...this one had it all!!

I loved this show....the worst part about it was waiting until the next week to catch the next episode! I currently own all the seasons on DVD, and am the process of watching the entire show again! I fogot just how much I enjoyed this one. This was one show that brought out so many different emotions in an hour long drama, it was incredible! There is a lot of talk about how horrible Season 4 was, but I feel it fit well into the context of the entire series...it did what it needed to do. The characters were all phenomenal...but Claire had to be my favourite. Everytime she was on-screen, it was impossible to take your eyes off of her! A fantastic show that is still missed!
  • Amazing

Six Feet Under is without a doubt the best show I have ever had the pleasure to watch. I don't actually have HBO or Showtime or any of those movie channels so I was stuck watching the series through dvd's on netflix. It took a few months but I finally finished the entire series and omg it was unbelievable. I've never loved a shows stories, characters, and writing so much as i did here. I can't believe it took me so long to find out about this wonderful show. Plus, I've always loved dark movies and shows so this was too good to be true. Amazing Show!!!
  • Affirmation of life turned into sadness and despair as the story progressed through the seasons.

I have to be honest - I loved the show when it started. Right after it was released, I bought season 1 DVD and watched it again.

It was bold and brave, unusual, and had a very positive message shining through the grim show setting: "Life is short, make best of it while you can". Carpe Diem.

Very soon, however, the show turned towards Memento Mori - the message changed into "Life is short, most people will die before they achieve anything". It was depressing to watch.

The characters the writers made me love in the first season were tortured and punished for no obvious reason (bad news is good news?), and after 2 and a half seasons I abandoned the show never to come back again.

I really don't know if it got any better by now - one thing I know: I won't tune the TV series on to be subjected to images of pain, suffering and sadness for the sake of... (who knows what). If I want that, I can always watch world news.
  • oh well well

Unfortunately I can't decide what score should I give to this show because surely it got my attention but it's too hard to choose if it did in a good or a bad way. I first saw Michael C. Hall in Dexter so watching him interpret Dave was no surprise for me but yet the way things were evolving started to amaze me in weird way of amazement. But this show just try put in front our family problems, our daily problems that we have when we try to create a human connection with our neighbor for example. This is just another realistic sad show...
  • Thank God Nate's Dead - He Needed Killing

4.4
    Once upon a time there was a brilliant show called "Six Feet Under." It starred the quirkiest cast of misfits who live above the family funeral parlor. One day jerk of a father gets hit by a bus (while driving a hearse) so the family congregates for the funeral, and - so it turns out - for the next five years.

The most interesting character, at first, was the prodical son, Nate, who abandoned his family as soon as he graduated high school. I don't blame him: his father was a bastard, his mother a whiner, his brother ,was so weak he couldn't come out of the closet in Los Angeles (of all places) and his apathetic sister was just a snarky version of her mother. Of course now that his father is dead, eldest child Nate stays to help run the family business and in the process develops relationships with his family that nevr existed before.

Now, just because Nate is home, doesn't mean he's mended his selfish ways - he had sex, with a woman he just met on the plane home, in an airport closet while waiting for his father to pick him up at he airport - except while he was boffing Brenda, his father was flattened by the MetroLink Bus.

This was all a promising start played by very skillful actors, but by the end of the fourth season, all interest was waning. Dad was still dead (although he appeared farily often in his children's heads, the mother, Ruth, became even more whiney, shrill and needy than before - non matter how many men she slept with. David and his partner Keith are as disfunctional as they come, but that got old and tired by the fourth season. David pouts, Keith gets violent, blah, blah, blah. Clarie became interesting to watch for a while, then she just floundered, and now the only artistic one in the family (although not the only bratty, selfish and annoying in the family) is working at a desk job adn wearing clothes from the 1955 Sears catalogue. Blech.

Even Brenda the sex addicted but brilliant on-again-off-again girlfriend/wife of Nate is boring as she drags herself from episode to episode as depressed as you can be for a newlywed.

Her looney psychologist mother and bi-polar brother, however, are saving graces and not used enough. Their lack of personal borders and self-absorbtion are only surpassed by Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown.

Nate has been reduced to whiney slacker who still can't find a way to be happy. No growth. Nothing interesting here, The best thing that could have heppened to us was to kill him off - but event he episode that followed was boring and hollow.

You cannot get this show of fast enough for me.
  • It was kick ass for a while.

7.3
    This used to be my show.....until the writers got cocky and screwed it up.

I remeber sitting at home watching the pilot episode which totally blow me away. It had everything: family drama, sex, conflict, torture......to put it simple, perfection.

I loved the family dynamics of the Fisher's, with my favorite character being David. I think Micheal C Hall is such a dynamic actor that if I had a show of my own he would be on it.

Overall, Six Feet Under was a show with great potential for the first 3 seasons (which are my favorites), until the show took a nose dive.
  • First two seasons were brilliant and fantastic. The last three seasons were complete crap.

The first two seasons were brilliant and fantastic. I truly felt that I was seeing what was in my head realized in the television tube. The things the characters said were stunning original and fresh. The plotline was instinctively compelling and left me with a happy feeling.

The last three seasons were complete crap. I actually skipped the third season after the second episode in until the middle of the fourth seasons. The mere idea of Nate and Lisa getting married repulsed me, let alone watching it realized in the show. I came back to watching the show in the middle of the fourth seasons because I thought the author would bring Nate and Brenda back together after how season three began. I hoped that they would be happy together when the episode ended.

Instead, I finished the last episode and the only beautiful thing is Nate's new child was being born. I choose to rewrite the entire last three seasons in my head just so I can stay out of a mental hospital, myself. I mean, the last three seasons are a mind frak of depression. I imagine it all originated with the writer supposedly choosing to go forward with the artificial changing of Nate Fisher into a complete moron. I say this because Nate screwed around on Brenda and she forgave him for it; And, so when the shoe is on the other foot, he throws his ring at her? Then the writer refuses to let Nate get a clue, or two, and realize what a fool he was. It is this kind of Hollywood ending barf fest, that I contemplate sticking to books.

I hope next time I am smart enough to just move on the next time I see a writer choose to make such a fundamentally flawed decision. I say hope because I am still debating on whether I want to give "True Blood" another chance after episode 11's fundamentally flawed plot twist. There, the leading woman decided she was breaking up with the leading man because he had to go to court, because he killed a man to defend her own life. I have to say that is even more moronic.
  • Six feet above the rest...

This show being good makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The premise appears to have no entertainment value in it and if you had a biography of the characters they would seem to be fairly boring. So why does this show work? Essentially because when it comes down to it, the quality of writing and execution of this show leads to one of the best ensemble pieces to television ever made and creates characters that you fall in love with. You become emotionally involved with everything that the core cast is going through, although at times it gets a bit intense (sex addiction/just being a massive slut). At it's best this show is unrivaled in delivering emotion to it's audience and the finale in particular is one of the greatest endings to a TV show that I have ever seen. If you can't find something to like about this show, I'm not quite sure what is wrong with you. It's an semi-extreme version of the classic family put out of their depth situation and forced together to get through a traumatic experience. The cast is excellent, the writing is superb and the dead people are just down right funny most of the time.
  • Delightful Depression Hidden feelings of pain buried under six feet of denial and family values, distress and blessed harmony resonates from this HBO masterpiece.

Characters of questionable morals, engaging storylines and amusing deaths as an integral part of every episode is what makes this show not only merely tolerable but enjoyable and even addictive.

The fifth season, not as shocking and as new as the first one, still manages to unveil deep emotions and wonderful drama as the story of the Fisher (undertaker) family continues on.

Matriarch Ruth fisher have difficulties coping with her husband's disease

"You tricked me into marrying you, you knew you were crazy and didn’t tell me, and now I have to take care of you for the rest of my life, what did I do to F**KING DESERVE THIS?

Son and co-owner of the business, Nate fisher gives another try to married life as he and Brenda tie the knot and other son David fisher and boyfriend endeavor on a child seeking mission (plastic cows included).

If you haven't given this show a try yet, please DO.

• Loved this Show

When i first watched this show i was immediatly hooked. It was onw of those shows that i really could get into. i am picky about the tv shows that watch but this one was so good. i bought all the seasons on dvd so that i could watch episodes anytime that i wanted. i thought that the actors were chosen well for the show. Of course i was sad when it ended. This show was truly one of my favorites. i loved everything about the show. i watched some of the episodes more than once or twice. i give this show a 10.
  • A masterpiece of television.

Original concept, could be slow at times, had some filler episodes. Still one of the best series you could put your eyes onto.

About the characters:
    Brenda was a disgusting person who then all of the sudden was a victim and was almost as if she didn't have it coming. I thought this was one of the two main characters who hindered the show's quality. The other was the way they made...

...Nate evolve. As Peter Krause himself said after being killed-off, it was as if he has the golden fish syndrome or something. He kept making the same mistakes time after time while being portrayed exactly as the person who wouldn't repeat them. Brenda was the opposite and then turned into Mrs. Modern Mother Mary.

Nathaniel was great. Sometimes I thought "oh no, they're cutting him off" but then he kept comming back, and good thing he did.

Ruth could sometimes be a pain, but deep down she always meant good and always sacrificed herself. One has to cut her a lot of slack for all she put up with.

David was a great character all around. He could be humorous as quickly as he could be sad and empathetic.

Claire was probably my favorite though she did seem a little too resistant to growing up one time or another.

One last paragraph regarding the Finale. It was majestic, superb, epic, well... I could keep on going. If you ever hear it being hyped just believe it, it IS really *that* good. Only haters/trolls rated it lower than 9.0 and the rest speaks for itself.
  • Pure masterpiece.

Winner of Golden Globes, Emmy's Awards and appeared for a couple of time on the „Best TV Series Of All Time" lists show Six Feet Under appeared on TV for the first time in 2001.
    Alan Ball's (American Beaty) series takes a look at members of isolated, living in a funereal home Fisher's family. The eldest son, Nate Fisher, comes back from Seattle home in L.A. after his father's unexpected death. He finds out that his dad inherited family business between him and his gay brother – David. Now he has to learn how to live in this strange home again. David hides his homosexuality, and pretends to be a christian values son. Brother's mother, Ruth must has to face a life without a husband, when her teenage daughter Claire has problem with law and she is trying to find her own personality. During 5 incredible seasons we can see how Fishers are grow up, change, loose their isolation, look for sense of life and... die.

Six Feet Under is a perfect drama series, which has everything and even more, what drama should has – well written, great plot and realistic characters, unashamed in showing a pain and dead, but not without dark humor, inteligence. Shows not only Fisher's family problems (adoloscent adult man and a teenage girl, gay old woman), but also their friends: Nate's girlfriend Brenda and her depressive brother Billy, David's boyfriend Keith, Fisher's latin employee Rico, Ruth's boyfriends and other fantastic characters appear on our screen.
    The roles of Nate and Brenda ale played by absolutely perfect Peter Krause and Rachel Griffiths (nominated and she won Golden Globes, Emmy's), who show what a real acting means. Great Frances Conroy (Broken Flowers, Scent of a Woman, Aviator) who plays Ruth is except Nate the most important character of the show. Micheal C. Hall (Dexter) as David, and Lauren Ambrose as Claire are also brilliant.

What is a most memorable about Six Feet Under apart from mentioned acting and plot is fantastic music composed by Thomas Newman (Shawshank Redemption, The Horse Whisperer, Amercian Beauty, The Green Mile, Wall.E) is dark humour. Show is very serious, but it also has funny scenes, which makes we laugh every time we see them, and remember very long. Another thing is that Alan Ball's production is drama, but it doesn't have cheap, mush purchase which drama often has. Show isn't schematic, you never know what happens next, and you'e always suprised. Great thing in Six Feet Under is that we become very attached to Fisher's, and we start to take them very personal, like members of our family. This is one of the reason, why we remeber many scenes for a long time after we watched them. The best thing about show is final. It's an incredible explosion of emotions. The last 15 minutes show the real sense of everyone's life. It's the greatest thing you'll ever see on a big, or a small screen. Six Feet Under is a beautiful masterpiece which won't be forgotten.
  • Simply put, it is perfect.

Death. There is no greater truth, nothing more fundamental to human existence, than our mortality. While many believe in some form of spiritual continuance, we all share one common reality: every single one us is going to die. And yet, as a society, we not only fear this inevitable conclusion of life, we shuffle it off to the sidelines and hide it from view. Our dead are quickly transferred to detached professionals who sanitize the experience for public consumption, and we are encouraged to internalize our grief for fear of embarrassing ourselves or upsetting others. Every day, the emotional impact is trivialized in films and television for the sake of entertainment, and we grow further distanced from our shared reality. Six Feet Under sought to change that, and through a dark blend of comedy and drama, it brought death out of the closet for all to see.

Recently, I have been watching dramatic television and wondering where the magic went. There are some good shows out there, but hardly anything that grabs ahold of my insides and refuses to let go until the hour is over. I even started to question whether it was me, wondering if perhaps I was just getting old and cranky. Re-watching these five seasons, I see quite clearly that it isn't me. Shows like Six Feet Under have simply set the bar so incredibly high that finding anything that remotely compares is a near-impossible task. The writing is insightful, with meaning that transcends mere television drama; the direction is inspired, as if each hour-long episode is its own short-length feature film; and there is no series that can boast better performances than those given by this absolutely stellar cast. I enjoy all kinds of shows, and I consider many of them to be fantastic at a level of can't-miss appointment television deserving of high praise; but it's only the rarest of shows that I can claim to truly love. I fell in love with Six Feet Under, and as I stare at this set and listen to its beautiful music, I find it hard to believe anyone else could watch it and not have the same reaction. There are a lot of words in this review, so I'll keep this simple: television does not get any better than this.
  • Alan Ball's Six Feet Under is a very good and dark drama with some comedy scenes.

There might be some typing errors in this review, because I speak Finnish, not English. But I hope that it doesn't mind.

I love Six Feet Under (it's called Mullan alla in Finland what means quite same, it's like "under the ground"). It's very well written, directed, acted etc. But this show is not for everyone.

During this amazing series characters and viewer go throught the "rollercoaster of feeling and emotions". You can feel happines, sorrow, abashment and hate. And I think that is much from TV show. Or even from movie. I love characters - Brenda, Claire, Nate.. they all are so awesome and they feel so real. Watch this show. You won't be disappointed.
  • 'Six Feet Under' is not for everyone. It's dark and difficult to watch yet somehow I couldn't stop. Give it some time if you are interested.

I watched this after it had been off the air for a while because I like Michael C. Hall as Dexter on 'Dexter' but the two characters don't even compare. All the characters on 'Six Feet Under' are difficult to watch. I've never watched something where I hated most of the characters pretty much all of the time. The actions toward themselves and others made them hard to relate to.

Yet somehow, despite not liking most of the characters, I couldn't help but continue to watch this series. It was very emotional, occasionally funny and thought-provoking. It did some unconventional things which took the series in different directions and those directions worked.

Lastly, I must mention the ending. I didn't know what to expect going into it but I had heard a lot of talk about it being "amazing" and that led me to believe it would be good but somehow not measure up to what I expect amazing to be. It surprised me. It was heart-breaking and informative and the best ending I could imagine for the series.
  • Everything Dies

Six Feet Under its an interesting show about life and death every episode somone dies from an inusual or usual way and the Fisher family triyng to bend with they're complicated lifes with sadness, anger, the death of the father of the family and all the problems that life give to them every day
    The final episode for me was totally sad about everyone diyng but it was ok the best death was David's death he's on the park seeing the boys play rugby and suddenly Keith grab the ball and looks at David like seing "Im here baby lets go home" and David dies totally sad about that :(
    An excelent show really see it if you didn't see it its excelent "TWO THUMBS UP" :):):)
  • An interesting, dark and certainly original drama!

I wanted to get round to watching this for a long time, and I've finally managed to finish all 5 seasons! This show is definitely interesting to watch, it never really had big epic stories for me - it was more about the characters, their relationships and how they coped with problems, but it was still so interesting to watch.

The characters are the reason to watch the show, they each go through so many different changes throughout the five seasons, and the changes are believable and didn't seem forced. Some of the biggest changes were seen (in my opinion) with Nate and Brenda, I ended up feeling completely different about both of these characters by the end. Michael C. Hall (as David) in this is amazing as well, he was my favourite character of the whole show, he was so neurotic at times, yet still so funny and engaging. Rico on the other hand was a very annoying character, I don't think I ever liked him!

Anyway - this show is definitely worth watching, it won't be the most fast paced show you've ever watched, but you'll become invested in the characters and really care how it ends up for them. It has plenty of drama, dark humour and truly interesting storylines for each of the characters. Season 3 got slow for me, but it picks up again and Season 5 is back up to the standard I expected judging from Season 1 & 2. The final 5 minutes of this show created one of the best finales I've seen across all my shows, it was perfect!
  • Love this dark, gothic, drama.

Something about funeral homes, dead talking to the mortician. All characters were so flawed, so human. It was a great show. I'm sad it had to come to an end. The cast was great. I loved every minute of this series. This show made me laugh, made me cry. It was a show I looked forward to all the time. I love spending 45 minutes with that disfunctional family. I loved the hallucinations and visits from their deceased father/ husband. The show was artistic and creative. My favorite character was Ruth. She had become so unadventuresome, so quite and so introverted in ways. I loved when she tried to break out of that mold and live.
< 1 2 3 4