Six Feet Under

The New Person

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Aug 05, 2001 on HBO

• Fantastic episode all around.

A lot of happened in this episode. Both on the drama and "comedy" front. My favourite storyline has to be the new "person", Angela, who replaced Rico - although only for 1 episode.

She was fired for breaking a glass. But the real reason she was fired for was that she literally made the Fishers realize their flaws. It was really fun to watch, especially David.

I like what the writers done to Brenda's character, she seems much more down to earth and much less annoying too.And now this major storyline for her and her brother is good. I didn't like them, and I still don't particularly do, but I don't feel anymore that they're just eating up precious screentime.

David's struggle for sex troughout the episode was both funny and a bit disturbing. His fantasies were really really lol-worthy, I've to say that.

The death of the episode... it was funny, but honestly, it wasn't even followed upon. But I didn't miss it as so much was going on.

The only thing I didn't like was Ruth.. .as usual. Her date with Nikolai was good, but mostly because Nikolai is a great character. However her conversation with Nikolai's "lover" in the bathroom was downright pathetic. Ruth is just way too weird. Way too weird. However her most likely realizing David's gay is something I hope will be followed upon in the next episode.

The ultimate cliffhanger - Gabe quite possibly commiting suicide - I kinda predicted it, but it was good nonetheless.

Overall, a great episode, this time more plot centered, which is a nice change.