Six Feet Under

The Will

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jun 10, 2001 on HBO

• Review

During a get together around a pool, people discuss a franchise pyramid scheme. Chandler Swanson dives into the pool, but he doesn't come back up. He leaves a wife and an infant daughter. Nathaniel Fisher's will is read and Ruth gets money, stocks and insurance money. Nate & David are both given the funeral business. Claire receives college tuition, but she considers trading it in for cash. In an effort to help the Widow Swanson, Nate starts learning a few things about the funeral business. First up, caskets cannot be rented. By law, a used casket cannot be re-sold. I thought this was a really good episode to follow the Pilot episode of the seaosn. I thought the person that died in this epsiode (which looks like will happen in every episode from here on out) was really interesting. This man spent his whole life lying to his wife and his wife had a tremendous reaction. Nathianal Fisher Sr also sort of lied to his wife a couple of times on the phone before he died, like when he picked up the cigerette and started smolking. Overall, I would say this was a very solid character devolopment episode where we learned a lot more about things we were learning in the pilot episode.