Six Feet Under

The Will

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jun 10, 2001 on HBO

• I think this was actually better than the pilot.

Oddly, I thought this was even better than the already great pilot, which is a nice achievement by the show.

The first traditional episode... I guess from now on, most episodes will go down like this. A random person dies, and the family has to set up the funeral.

It sounds good enough to me. While a bit too structural, if they keep the character development / business at this percentage, I think it will take many many episodes to get boring.

In the pilot we learned plenty of the characters, but in this episode we learn more. Especially about David. His character really stands out to me. The best part of the episode was probably the reacting to the will. Almost everybody had problems with it which besides drama also created some comedic scenes. Mostly involving Nate and him dealing with the dead...

Nathaniel appearing in visions is great, I hope we'll see more of him. The only issue I had with the episode is the uninteresting romance of Claire's, I really don't see the point. But other than that, first-class episode.