Skins

Chris

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Jan 31, 2011 on MTV - Music Television

6.8
  • Chris's mother leaves him, with an envelope full of cash, written on it that she'll be gone for a few days. Tony convinces him to throw a legendary party; trashing the house. In essence, exactly what happened in the UK Skins, occurred in this episode.

Seeing as this episode was once again a copy of the UK version, same as the first episode of this series/season, I must say that I am disappointed in the 'writers', if they even exist at all. So far I am positively certain that the only script changes being made are to change wording to sound like American English. As such, the characters can easily be compared to their British counterparts- the comparison leaves the American MTV actors/actresses appearing emotionless and without a distinguishable identity. For all intensive purposes, the MTV actors may as well be attempting to produce an exact replica of the UK version acting... while failing miserably. Most likely though, is that the unoriginal storyline does not provide them for much basis to create their own character identities. Are remakes ever better than the originals? At least The Office, branched out into some different humour than their UK counterpart/basis.