Skins

Daisy

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Mar 07, 2011 on MTV - Music Television

6.4
  • A great spin

There's no doubt this show keeps getting better and better. I really liked this episode, way more than its UK version (Jal).

To tell you the truth, I never was a really big fan of Jal, I think Daisy is more likeable. It was a great spin to see this character on the other side of the "money" sittuation. Jal was rich and Daisy is poor, though, the story's kinda the same.

I like how Abbud is getting more screentime, is getting really likeable too, all his scenes where hella funny and his serious scene was great too. That character is getting more built than Anwar was in the UK version.

I still don't understand Daisy's ethnical background. I thought she was philippino, malay or something like that... but the spanish spoken parts left me wondering (a very bad spanish, let me say). Well, I know there's a few spanish speakers in the Philippines, but I think that'a a bit unlikely. There was some latinamerican decoration in the house and Valero is a common spanish last name.

Overall, a great episode. I can't understand the low score. I really hope this show gets renewed for a second season, because the storylines are starting to change and getting very interesting.