Skins Forums

MTV - Music Television (ended 2011)

Eps are getting better!

  • Avatar of Helostwin

    Helostwin

    [1]Feb 22, 2011
    • member since: 11/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,521

    I think the last 2 eps "Stanley" and "Ababd" were much better than the previous eps. They had humor in them and were much closer to the typical 16year old life than the earlier eps. Getting in BIG trouble for taking the car w/o permission is something every guy has done, I did anyway. The class trip was also funny & something most kids can relarte to. Typical kids do not relate to a teenager being abandoned by his prostitute "mother" or by a girl geing kept doped up by her mom so she doesn't have to deal with the kid. The events in those 2 eps happen but not in most kids actual experiences. The last 2 eps have been more typical of real kids lives.


    Hey how is it that Chris is suddenly NOT homeless anymore? They haven't explained that.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of aldaros23

    aldaros23

    [2]Feb 24, 2011
    • member since: 02/15/07
    • level: 53
    • rank: Commander in Chief
    • posts: 580
    Both WERE better episodes and quite different from the UK.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Helostwin

    Helostwin

    [3]Feb 25, 2011
    • member since: 11/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,521
    Thanks for agreeing. Skins is getting better & better! I haven't seen any of the UK eps.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of seafoampheonix

    seafoampheonix

    [4]Mar 1, 2011
    • member since: 05/18/08
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 36

    This show has a low rating thanks to stupid people that judge a show on the first episode.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Helostwin

    Helostwin

    [5]Mar 1, 2011
    • member since: 11/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,521
    seafoampheonix wrote:

    This show has a low rating thanks to stupid people that judge a show on the first episode.


    Well I know a lot of ppl who watch it. The last ep "Michelle" was pretty good. I think Stanley is the most likable character. Everyone is finally turning on Tony, even Michelle. I can't believe he was unconcerned abt giving her an STD and he broke Stanleys nose. I really dislike Tony.
    There are only a few eps left right? One ep for each character & then a finale called "Everyone" 9 in total.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of showinuse9

    showinuse9

    [6]Mar 8, 2011
    • member since: 02/27/09
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 956
    yeah i like the show. It actually reminds me of Undressed. An old MTV show.

    And i think Chris ended up moving in with his female teacher that hes boning. He moved in at the end of his episode

    Only thing i would say is i would like the adult characters to not be so cartoony (like the guy teacher) or flat out weird (michelle's mom) they talk about realism in the show i think they should stay true to that with the adults as well
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Helostwin

    Helostwin

    [7]Mar 21, 2011
    • member since: 11/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,521
    Thanks. But it turned out he was in Abbuds tree house. Now he's living with Stan.

    The "in case u missed something" special was awesome (narrated by Daniel Flaherty) and the series finale was fantastic. The Tears for Fears part with Stan & Cadie was awesome! 8 eps are not enough, this needs another season!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jsab48

    jsab48

    [8]Mar 22, 2011
    • member since: 06/17/08
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 111
    I also thought the show got better episode by episode. The show had some pretty deep storylines given their target audience, but I thought it was a great show. I like Stanley/Michelle together...I'd much rather see Stanley end up with her than Cadie, because Cadie's character just bugs the hell outta me for some reason.

    The show ended with some questions still, so the fact that it didn't feel like a series finale could be a good thing. Hopefully they pick it up for a 2nd season.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of showinuse9

    showinuse9

    [9]Apr 4, 2011
    • member since: 02/27/09
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 956
    The singing between stanley and cadie i have to admit was pretty awesome, not gonna lie. And i like stanley with michelle too, they seem to fit better but i like the triangle too
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Helostwin

    Helostwin

    [10]Apr 4, 2011
    • member since: 11/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,521
    showinuse9 wrote:
    The singing between stanley and cadie i have to admit was pretty awesome, not gonna lie. And i like stanley with michelle too, they seem to fit better but i like the triangle too


    Completely agree about Stanley/Michelle being together & the AWESOME singing by Stanley & Cadie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of showinuse9

    showinuse9

    [11]Apr 9, 2011
    • member since: 02/27/09
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 956
    Helostwin wrote:
    showinuse9 wrote:
    The singing between stanley and cadie i have to admit was pretty awesome, not gonna lie. And i like stanley with michelle too, they seem to fit better but i like the triangle too


    Completely agree about Stanley/Michelle being together & the AWESOME singing by Stanley & Cadie.


    id love to know if that was really them though cause if it was they need to do a album or something together
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Helostwin

    Helostwin

    [12]Apr 10, 2011
    • member since: 11/12/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,521
    showinuse9 wrote:
    Helostwin wrote:
    showinuse9 wrote:
    The singing between stanley and cadie i have to admit was pretty awesome, not gonna lie. And i like stanley with michelle too, they seem to fit better but i like the triangle too


    Completely agree about Stanley/Michelle being together & the AWESOME singing by Stanley & Cadie.


    id love to know if that was really them though cause if it was they need to do a album or something together


    It SOUNDED like their voices. It had to be them. I doubt they had some other ppl who sound exactly like them.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of showinuse9

    showinuse9

    [13]Apr 11, 2011
    • member since: 02/27/09
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 956
    Helostwin wrote:
    showinuse9 wrote:
    Helostwin wrote:
    showinuse9 wrote:
    The singing between stanley and cadie i have to admit was pretty awesome, not gonna lie. And i like stanley with michelle too, they seem to fit better but i like the triangle too


    Completely agree about Stanley/Michelle being together & the AWESOME singing by Stanley & Cadie.


    id love to know if that was really them though cause if it was they need to do a album or something together


    It SOUNDED like their voices. It had to be them. I doubt they had some other ppl who sound exactly like them.


    yeah it sounded pretty real, i might have to check the credits for the episode or check out the DVD to get the answer. But like i said it was awesome XD
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.