Skins (UK) Forums

Thursday 10:00 PM on E4Between Seasons

1.01 "Tony" Episode Discussion

weloveben

[21]Feb 5, 2007
    • level: 7

speedy2k5 wrote:
    I think the beginning was slow too. He spent about 15 minutes on the phone and it was quite annoying.

Yeah I have to agree...on the day of the Pilot I sat down to watch it but just got so bored after 10 minutes...then my friend convinced me to watch it properly and the second time around it was way better! I think they show is really good...also quite different! But I don't like Tony...he is an absolute sh*t! He really is! What a jerk!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

speedy2k5

[22]Feb 5, 2007
    • level: 15
    weloveben wrote:

speedy2k5 wrote:
    I think the beginning was slow too. He spent about 15 minutes on the phone and it was quite annoying.

Yeah I have to agree...on the day of the Pilot I sat down to watch it but just got so bored after 10 minutes...then my friend convinced me to watch it properly and the second time around it was way better! I think they show is really good...also quite different! But I don't like Tony...he is an absolute sh*t! He really is! What a jerk!

I agree about Tony so badly! Read my reviews, I show my hate for him!

javjamoll84

[23]Feb 5, 2007
    • level: 7
    I only watched the first 30mins on the Pilot then watched the rest on a tuesday after Wags Boutique lol.

Then so i thought episode 2 might be good so i missed it lol coz Project Catwalk was on lol then just watched ep 2 on youtube etc but it wasnt clear so i might watch it tomorrow on E4 as repeat.

shawnlunn2002

[24]Feb 6, 2007
    • level: 41

Thoughts on Episode 1 "Tony"

Tony - Nicholos Holt can certainly act. Tony is the kind of lad you wouldn't want as a friend or a boyfriend but he has a certain level of charisma that makes you see how he gets mates and laid. His treatment of Sid is pretty horrible though. Plus the lad can sing.

Michelle - Poor girl gets branded with the name Nips fro her loving boyfriend and has Sid after her tail as well. I though she was an OK character but a bit one dimensional.

Sid - I like him, I really do but it's obvious that he's set up as a fall guy who will suffer tyhe consequences of any of Tony's mad schemes, like the Mad **** thing. Obviously the writers want you to ship him and Cassie and I have to admit they are good together.

Cassie - I like her a lot but the anorexia thing scares with how she casually arranges food and takes pills and tells people in a casual way. She's my favourite character so in the series run.

Jal - Love her. Funny and pretty sarcastic. I want to see a bit more of her. She certainly knows how to talk Tony down as well.

Chris - I like him too. He's pretty funny and his cracking on to his teacher is interesting. I bet they'll do the business halfway through the series though.

Maxxie - The most confident and not overtly camp gay teen on TV so I'm looking forward to his episode a bit more as well.

Anwar - Not as vocalised in the opening episode as others aside from the peeing incident but yeah, I like him.

Um, interesting debut episode so a 7/10. Episode 2 to be tackle in my next post.

naive_amoeba

[25]Feb 15, 2007
    • level: 5
    "Charmed was good for four seasons."

Charmed was good for no seasons.

shawnlunn2002

[26]Aug 19, 2007
    • level: 41
    Time this went up for the Channel 4 premiere on the episode.

Shana868

[27]Aug 19, 2007
    • level: 40
    shawnlunn2002 wrote:
    Time this went up for the Channel 4 premiere on the episode.
    Thanks Shawn

electricpeppers

[28]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 26
    I missed it, doh! I've seen it anyway though... Tony is IMO one of the best episodes and one of the most interesting characters. He's very Machiavellian.

LiM_23

[29]Nov 3, 2007
    • level: 5
    Great pilot !

They get into a lot of troubles...

Paulie_99

[30]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 9
    Just noticed that Angie's husband fiancee from the last season finale is actually at the gay bar at the Big Gay Night... Interesting...