Skins (UK) Forums

Thursday 10:00 PM on E4Between Seasons

Season 4 Finale - Everyone Discussion

What are your thoughts on the finale?

ShutUpJonny

[21]Mar 25, 2010
    • level: 12

I actually really loved the finale. It was a nice change from the season 2 finale where all the characters ended their relationships and parted ways. We got to see some "happy" endings, even if Freddy was dead. I think it's always important to remember that skins is never going to wrap everything up nicely. That's just not how the show is set up. Some things were given closure (Naomi's character, for instance), while others were left open to interpretation.

Any other show would have focused this finale on everyone's reaction to discovering that Freddie was murdered, but skins focused on the rest of the characters lives apart from that. I thought it was refreshing to not have to get into all the aftermath of Freddie's death--obviously everyone will find out about it sometime after the last scene of the episode, and we can all decide what happened for ourselves.

And also, despite the fact that she's Freddie's older sister, there was no way Karen was going to be in the new cast. Like she said, she doesn't share the "skins" interests. She wouldn't fit in.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lilacmonkey12

[22]Mar 28, 2010
    • level: 10

I thought they were trying to do something like the chris dieing thing, its stupid having someone die in every cast, as soon as I see the new cast I will think which one will die. The end made me think wtf, it would be better if it ended the episode before. I really hope the new cast and storylines will be good because this one was no match to s1 and 2.

DanielVDell

[23]Mar 29, 2010
    • level: 11
    I really think the season could have used one or two more episodes before this one... just as a way to explain where the characters were going after college. If they had done that I wouldn't be so meh about the finale.

leesha_27

[24]Mar 30, 2010
    • level: 17

exterminator25 wrote:
    leesha_27 wrote:
    ok, but...season 4 finale better than season 3 finale? my answer is yes!
    Are you joking? S4 finale = didn't tie up loose plot threads, didn't tie up Freddie's death and give him a proper send off like Cook got, ended the worst way possible S3 finale = gave a new depth into Cooks character, had the "three musketeers" make up and become friends again, got effy & freddie together, got the funny granny race, had cooks dad get his commupance I find you wrong

No way, besides I'm not wrong if it's my opinion. I hated the season 3 finale, it was disappointing. Wasn't that interesting to me. Plus it was only about Cook, Freddie and Effy...JJ was in it but he didnt have much to add. At least season 4 had a bit of everyone. I've already given my opinion on the season 4 finale, it wasn't brilliant, but to me last seasons finale was worse. Just my opinion.

Edited on 03/30/2010 11:11am

jokob

[25]Apr 3, 2010
    • level: 1

there is definitely going to be a new cast.. there are already auditions announced: http://www.e4.com/takepart/auditions.html

Doggo1988

[26]Apr 3, 2010
    • level: 8
    Hopefully there will be no link to either of the first two generations. They really... really need a fresh start. The second generation was a second-rate copy of the first generation, so they need something new. The first thing I'd do is have one or two average looking people in the main cast - not all 16 to 18 year old girls look like Naomi or Katie. One of the reasons the first generation was good was because they weren't all supermodels; it was much more realistic.

Also, let's not have people going insane. Why not focus on their lives and not just far-fetched problems that would happen to a few people every decade. Last season was too much like a soap opera.

tbipenguin

[27]Apr 4, 2010
    • level: 8
    Agree 100%

la_lith

[28]Apr 5, 2010
    • level: 2

"I LOVED IT" "I HATED IT" "I FELT SAD"

IT MAYBE THE BEST SHOW I SAW FROM BRITAIN.

sibowittz

[29]Apr 6, 2010
    • level: 17
    kieran3486 wrote:
    I completely agree. Killing off Freddie was nothing more than a cynical ploy to get people watching the finale, and it didn't pay off in anyway for the viewer. We get some closure with Naomi and Emily and some (pretty unrealistic) closure from Tomas and Panda. But I didn't care about that because I wanted to know what was going to happen with Freddie. Basically we're just told that he's dead, and Cook has attacked that Foster bloke. We're not told the outcome of this, we don't what will happen to Effy when she finds out. Its just rubbish. They tried to make it seem like it was an artistic thing, but you can see that they just didn't have any idea of how to end the series.

I didn't like it when they left things open with Sid and Cassie, but I could accept it because you always felt like there was a fair chance of them finding each other. You could more or less predict what might happen either way. But this just felt like the writers were giving me the finger. They've totally lost their touch and there's no way I'm watching the next series now.

I totally agree that killing Freddie barely affected anyone in the finale, and the finale was lacking quite a bit, but I am still watching next season!

hex_fan_999

[31]Jan 9, 2011
    • level: 7
    The only parts I liked was Panda's song to Effy, the dance that Cook, Karen and JJ do, the part where Naomi is blind drunk, Cook's little speech to John foster and Naomi's beautiful speech to Emily

ShaunBuckley

[32]Jan 11, 2011
    she was about 9

hex_fan_999

[33]Jan 19, 2011
    • level: 7
    ShaunBuckley wrote:
    she was about 9

don't you mean she was twelve when she fell in love with Emily

pglory

[34]Jan 22, 2011
    • level: 4
    AcoVrsic wrote:

Well just wtf How in gods name is that an Ending just wtf so is Fredy dead ? did he kill cook too or did cook kill him and reveal to the police that the dr is a killer and a psyco or What SO **** CONFUSED **** ENGLISH RETARDS DONT KNOW HOW TO MAKE AND ENDING JUST WTF SERIOUSLY it was the same for season 2 JUST WTF ENGLISH MOTHER **** cant u **** hire a Real Writer from America atleast he will make an Ending that is actually understanable Not this **** how can this even be and ending when there are like 1000 things not ever Clear and now season 5 is a new retarded group that has nothing to do with the other seasons thats even more retarded u stupid nabs just wtf GL with Season 5 noone will watch it thats 5000% i personaly watched season 3 and 4 just cause of Effy shes Cool

Lol.. How can no one have mentioned this lovely little ramble?

AmyNicole

[35]Dec 26, 2011

I agree about the Karen situation how she was saying she can't be a part of it when Thomas asked her but honestly why did they put her in skins to have a bigger part than she was intended? Just to tease us? I figured she would be the next gen lead role just like effy was to tony and then that way we could have got some closure on Freddie's death, see if they had it on the news what effy is doing about it or Karen and her dad and jj and see if cook actually survived or died and if that fucking bastard got killed or something.

When Freddie stepped into his house I knew right then and there he was going to kill him I had a feeling. I sat there knees to my lips hiding with blankets and when you hear Freddie screaming and the blood hit the window I started crying I couldn't watch and I've never ever cried for a show. And then how everyone kept feeling Freddie's presence. It made me know Freddie was dead and I cried more and then when effy and cook were in Freddie's and they said it was his birthday and how he was still missing I cried cuz no one knew and then when cook was outside... I KNEW that psycho was there waiting and then when cook finds Freddie's bloody clothes and senses Freddie I felt sick to my stomach and then he freaks out and then sees the bat I cried I don't think I've ever been this sick over a show it felt so real. I really hope cook killed him because if cook died trying too no one would know where cook is or Freddie and I feel like slowly he'd kill everyone who loved effy I hate that it was left a cliffhanger that psycho guy is giving me nightmares and so is Freddie's blood splat I was not expecting him to die.

mbaines

[36]Dec 11, 2012

Obviously I'm WAY behind the times, but I live in the US so...what can i say? Except that I just watched this season and the finale fucking pissed me off. I agree that the second half of this season was completely melodramatic and unrealistic. It felt like watching a soap opera. The writers obviously lost the plot, and they lost track of their characters as well. By the end there was no more rotating characters to keep it interesting. Instead they tried to keep it interesting by brainstorming more and more ludicrous scenarios for the 5 characters who had taken over. They took the hottest/most appealing guy they've had on the show thus far and killed him with a baseball bat-wielding lunatic. And by the last episode there wasn't a trace left of the badass Effy who swung from the rafters with a stranger, drinking, popping pills, and never speaking to anyone. WTF happened? Sad. Just sad.