Skins (UK) Forums

Thursday 10:00 PM on E4Between Seasons

Who would be interested in a Skins project?

SkinsUK

[1]Feb 16, 2012
    • level: 1

Who would be interested in writing a 10 episode skins fantasy series with me. We could create our own characters, relationships, situations, storylines etc. We could control anything with our own cast, we could come up with the cast together and individually choose one of them characters to develop and choose what would happen with them. Obviously it wouldnt turn into a Tv show but it would be very fun writing a full 50 minute script each and putting it together to make a series.

I have done it before with a Doctor Who project and we had our own site and we became like our own family. All of it would be online and I would post information if enough people want to do it.

So who's interested?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

doctorwho747

[2]Feb 24, 2012
    • level: 5

SkinsUK wrote:

Who would be interested in writing a 10 episode skins fantasy series with me. We could create our own characters, relationships, situations, storylines etc. We could control anything with our own cast, we could come up with the cast together and individually choose one of them characters to develop and choose what would happen with them. Obviously it wouldnt turn into a Tv show but it would be very fun writing a full 50 minute script each and putting it together to make a series.

I have done it before with a Doctor Who project and we had our own site and we became like our own family. All of it would be online and I would post information if enough people want to do it.

So who's interested?

So doing a fan fiction type thing, except it's not based on existing characters or storylines something completely original? Hey I am writer and I have always wanted to do something like that. I always thought it was great that all the writers on Skins were 18-22 year olds, and some had small parts in the show. Most notably Daniel Kuluuya who wrote one Jal episode in Gen 1 and played the role of "Posh Kenneth" as well as writing the first Thomas episode for Gen 2. He has also written and acted in several other shows, I admire him alot. So basically I am saying I"M IN!

TornIdentity19

[4]Feb 27, 2012
    • level: 14

Sounds pretty awesome to me, I'm in too. Something I've always wanted to try doing

aldaros23

[5]Mar 7, 2012
    • level: 53
    you can probably send 1 of them to the E4 and see if it will get picked up in some fashion. since they are switching the generation next year, might influence one of the writers.