Skins (UK)

Thursday 10:00 PM on E4 Premiered Jan 25, 2007 Between Seasons

aldaros23

Skins (UK) Fan Reviews page 3 of 3

• Really cool, but it can do better.

So, let's start with the characters - there's Tony, the swave, intelligent, street smart ladies' man, but uses his powers of manipulation over others as a way to make life less boring and to thrill seek, which, leaves him isolated from others because his friends are basically tired of it. Then we have Sid - Tony's best friend - who's the typical character that everyone 'loves', but in a 'friend' type of way... mainly because he's not necessarily good looking, he's always being taken advantage of by his friends (mainly Tony), and his life is basically a mess. However, he's a typical lovable character because of these reasons and Tony would be at a loss without him, despite Tony covering this up by treating Sid with little respect. They're the two main characters which make the series.

Sid has an admirer - Cassie, who's an emotionally unstable anorexic - but he's too obsessed with Tony's girlfriend, Michelle, to notice her, which leads Cassie to go into depression. Cassie's character is peculiar and eccentric, but she's also an intelligent girl who's very likable and you really feel for her and her depression over Sid.

We then have Michelle - Tony's girlfriend - who's an attractive girl who's fed up of Tony's manipulating, tiring ways and is constantly on an uneven slope with Tony. The other characters are a homosexual who appears to have emotions for his friend, Anwar (a Muslim), but Anwar, because of his religion, feels like he can't be friends with him anymore because he's a Muslim. This in itself combats the stress of religions on teenagers that just want to live. There's also Chris, the sex-mad mess who is madly in love with his sexy psychology teacher, and she is with him but feels restrict to show emotion to him because she's his teacher.

I could go on, but that's just scraping the surface of this surprisingly deep programme. It's deep, thrilling, exciting, and each episode follows the individual life of every character and their relationships with the friends around them, and visa versa.

The one thing I will criticise - not the programme but the reviews - is that many says 'it's portraying the average life of A-level students', but it isn't, as I'm an A-level student and none of them are as interesting and as exciting as these characters. So no, it's not portraying 'average' teenagers, but it is dealing with some profound issues that teenagers face.

Watch this show, you'll be happy you did.
  • YOU MUST WATCH THIS PROGRAM!!!

with the end of the oc comes a program that makes it look like it should have ended a long time ago! this gritty teen drama about the lifes of teenagers in bristol ( i think, sorry if i am wrong) is probabley the best breath of alcohol fuelled air that i have watched in quiet some time. put away your dummy and throw those knitted jumpers in the bin, this is life as we shall now know it, and i have never wanted it more.

tony sid michelle cassie and co ( my personal favourite kenneth " you get me!") are the new wave of actors. the new generation has arrived and for me, it couldnt have came sooner
  • could be improved but still a good show.

Befor the series began i expected great things from it and i have to say that i was a bit disapointed. I exspected a hard hitting real life drama about the life of british teenages. and thats what i got sort of. the show was how do you say a little over the top. but still its a great show. there were in amungst some mediocre episodes there were some great ones and i am also ashomed to say that i did cry during most of them but hey keep that to yourself. this show is a real dimond in the ruf and with a little work culd be outstanding.
  • 'Skins' is the most compelling TV Drama I've watched in the last year (maybe more).

Skins is by far the best TV show i've watched in the last year. That said, I have to justify myself: It's not 100% original (after all, the 'suffering' of teenagers while reaching puberty was shown in a lot of shows), but it has sparkle - characters (like Cassey and Sid) that really makes you remember all your faults as a teenager (even though they might not involve drugs, senseless partying, etc.), and the show is always on the move - always new things happenning - and every chapter brings new reason to want to watch more 'Skins'. With great characters (and good actors), top-of-the-line writing and great camera work (most of the time) - this is a show that will (hopefully) do great!
  • a channel 4 comedy based around the lives of teenagers.

A thoroughly funny comedy. Something for all the family to have a giggle at. Skins also touches upon subjects such as eating disorders, drugs and emotional abuse which is fitting amongst teenagers (the target audience). well done channel 4! I hope that they will bring another series, I'm quite sure they will.. as long as it is still repeated on E4 as I can't be missing my weekly fix of ITV's Benidorm.
  • Skins is focused around the lives of a group of friends who live in Bristol. The drama represents the daily lives of us teens. The group includes a gay character Maxxie, a drug-taking Muslim character Anwar, a girl with an eating disorder. (more too)

Skins is the best show on tv.

Sex.Drugs.Realtionships.Drama.Comedy.

The show is the first showin the world(yes the world!) to show people the lives on teenagers acted by teenagers.

The show accuratly shows people what we go through everyday of our teenage lives, plus a little bit of extra stuff of course!
    Basically the show, which last one hour, is fun, easy to watch and should by now be everyones favourite show.
    If you have missed the episodes they are on Youtube and they air on thrudays, E4 at 10pm (only 2 episodes left)

new series should be being filmed soon.
    WATCH THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!
  • I avoided this show for its first few weeks before I decided to give it a try and I'm hooked already!

It's not often I find a show I'm willing to sit through while it's on TV - I usually wait for a DVD release - but Skins has managed to grab my attention by having such a different style and set of characters to any other show on TV at the moment. I also like the fact that it doesn't go out of it's way to appear glamorous (admittedly like most of the shows I watch) but instead goes in the complete opposite direction taking a more gritty look at the lives of its characters. The one thing that annoys me slightly is the fact that each episode focuses on only one character and for the rest of the series that character takes a back-seat, leaving many of the more interesting characters more or less out of the picture. I would like to see it more balanced if it returns for a second series but for now I'm loving the first one!
  • Very entertaining, refreshing show, now on E4

I just watched episode 6 this evening. Russia is fun. Possibly the funniest episode ever, and I loved that they started to explore Anwar and Maxxie, who I had been dying to know more about. My favourite part was the reoccuring element of sid and drugs. This episode was co-written by Simon Amstell (Nevermind the buzzcocks) and his type of humour is shown in this episode. Generally, a really funny, enlightening show. I wouldn't say that it was very realistic (not for me, anyway) but it does portray the lifestyle of many young adults of this generation.
  • Reminds me of American show "Life as We Know It" with a lot more sex, drugs, swearing and nudity.

Really enjoying it so far, reminds me of the American show "Life As We Know It" but with a lot more drugs and the ability to swear as much as they like. Though unlike LAWKI, I hope this doesn't get canceled.
    Originally thought they were going to tell it all from the one perspective but I am really happy they aren't because I think they have created some really good characters.
    The only surreal parts of the show is the fact that such a diverse group of people can be such good friends. Though its a great way of representing what type of person is in the community.
    Anyways, lets hope we see at least a season out of it.
  • a funny and witty British drama based around a group of teenage friends and the type of trouble that they get up to while trying to have a reasonable social life

I loved this show. Best teen show i have seen in ages. It definitely lived up to its hype. It was funny fast paced (In the first ten minutes you spot a love triangle) and very entertaining not too heavy on the drama so it’s a show that allows you to relax. It also had the return of the Kid from about a boy we has grown up. What I loved most was its simplicity. British TV rules and the acting was great i loved the cassie character. In fact i loved all of them i would definitely recommend this show to all the young people and see what the young characters get up to next.
  • This is a Brilliant Show british telly at its best

This is a brilliant show that has taken over from shameless scince that has gone downhill majorly
    I’ve only seen the first epi and already it has me hooked I mean in the first episode we had a kind of overdose, a joy ride, accidental crash in the canal, drug dealing and fits with posh kids this show will be the main reason why people watch British telly all over the worls way better than the oc with more cutting edge storylines and set in a "real" place that most of the 18-30 years old people that will watch this will know some where like this or have personally lived somewhere like this all I can really say that this will be a great show and just great British telly
1 2 3 >