Skins (UK)

Thursday 10:00 PM on E4 Premiered Jan 25, 2007 Between Seasons

aldaros23

Skins (UK) Fan Reviews (69)

• Most amazing british show (watched 2 seasons in a day)

I never thought a show could be so amazing. Season 1-2 was great! All the characters that were on the show in season 1-2 (first generation) are huge movies and shows. I'm currently on season 3-4 I wasn't happy at first that the characters changed but I kept watching because Effy was in generation 1 and I fell in love with her character so I kept watching. I wish they kept going with the show and made people from generation 1 carry on. Currently hooked though.
  • Katie Fucking Fitch

Katie was the best one in the whole Skins!
  • Finally an amazing show not afraid to portray real world and to dive in to character development, versus strictly plot!

This show is amazing in that is portrays some of the best and worst points in life for anyone. We see life get increasingly worse, we see these characters get in some major shit, but they pull through. They have an amazingly tight knit group of friends around them, whether they can always see it or not.

Many people, at least in the disapprove of this show because there is too much explicit sex and swearing, and the show apparently "promotes drugs and hardcore partying" (which I would have to admit is it is essential that these details are part of the story. The characters would never be so real if they were not so gritty. I saw the first episode of the US version and absolutely hated it, because swears were bleeped out which ruined all emotions running through the show, and the clothes were of higher quality and not so real; they were too caught up to the times, while the UK version gave every boy and girl a different look that comfortably fit their character. In the US version they tried to make everyone look good (which is ironic because none of the characters were attractive while in UK Skins they all are). I hated the American version, although I probably will watch a few more episodes to be able to more fairly judge. Back to UK!:

The first season was absolutely amazing, great highlights even though there was a dark sense to it, the second season was a little less enjoyable, probably because we had to watch their lives unravel worse than before and not always see them rebound. This, however, is a fact of life.. The third season, I was admittedly really upset at the sight of a new cast at first but they grew on me within an episode or two and I still name them my favorite (although it is very close!!). The fourth season, I again found their lives spiraling out of control with no help. This made the show so real, not some dumb show without substance. The fifth season took more adjusting. The new characters were much stranger, whereas the other two generations had been much similar, this series had more diversity. This is the one generation where the second of the two series was better, and where their lives appeared to patch up at the end.

Have enjoyed every moment of the show, can't wait to see old characters reunite in the seventh season!!

The character development is truly the best part of this show, and anyone analyzing it for the plot has got it wrong. It is not all about telling a story, because no one person has this much bad stuff happen to them and yes, not every teen does all these drugs. The writers said this in an interview! the plot is there to address many issues, to dive deep in character emotions and heartfelt, real characters.
  • Season 1 was the best!Season 2 was OK.

Well I dodged the show because I thought it was just a show about teenagers taking E's but it's not.This show is much more the characters are amazing!Cassie,Michelle,Maxxie and Tony are the best.Series one was amazing the storylines and relationships were all funny and dramatic. Maxxie is my overall fave he is soo cute too bad he's gay haha.The first series was amazing and made the show one of my all time faves up there with Veronica Mars,Gilmore Girls and The O.C.But when I bought season 2 and started to watch O was really dissapointed all the storylines where so weird from slow Tony to Maxxie's mum abusing stalker!The season reeled me back in in the last few episodes.I'm looking foward to season 3 I love Effy so it will be great to see more of her.
  • The 1st and 2nd series were brilliant and the third... well it was ok ?

In the 1st & 2nd series of the show, i thought it was the best show i had ever watched.The characters were fun and interesting.The plot was great.And the acting was good.Then in the third series they decided to get rid of nearly all of the characters and replace them.The new characters are just exaggerated stereotypes. It is almost impossible to like them. The plots are violent and predictable.The hurmour is gone.I hope that in the 4th the writers try and make the show as good as it was in the 1st and 2nd.

Do You Agree ?

And does anyone know when the next season is coming out???
  • really keeps you coming back for more

This is like one of the best shows ever. If this doesn't get a 10 then i dk what does... it should totaly be at least top 10
    it's not just some wealthy pranks who don't know what 2 do wth their time and money. you could really see yourself as one of them. and it's just unbeleivable how good the script is. and the make up. i personaly love effy's. And her whole wardrobe. i just love the new cast and the way the story changes every 2 seasons. but im sure gonna miss effy cook and freddie
  • Hooked me from the start, three seasons of pure awesome.

Ever since the very first episode of Skins I've been absolutely hooked. The first series was amazing, even if the finale confused the hell out of me with all the creepy singing and what not. (Most of) The characters were so loveable, especially Chris, Sid and Maxxie, and the actors conveyed them so well that I really felt myself feeling their emotions. The storylines are gripping and fairly realistic (although clearly exxagerated) and I could really connect to it. When the third season came along I admit I had my doubts, replacing the entire cast (excluding Effy) annoyed me a bit as I had grown to love them so much. However, Skins is unique in that it isn't going to have 21 year olds pretending to be teenagers. I needn't have doubted the decision though, as I sat down for episode 1 season 3 I was immediately intruiged (namely by the obvious history between Emily and Naomi) and was once again hooked, eager to learn more about the new characters.

Skins is a completely unique show that truly represents teenage life today, being 17 myself I can really relate to the storylines and characters which I don't get from many other shows of the genre.

P.S. How people can even begin say that The Inbetweeners is better than Skins is beyond me. Maybe it's just my life experiences and sense of humour; but to me there's no contest when it comes to which is the funniest and most realistic and ultimately the most entertaing; Skins is the clear winner.
  • Why isn't this one in top 10?

Great freaking show!! I love it!!!

The picture is great, the characters are even better and I like how they mix teen with adult. It don't feel silly or childish.

Great show!

And now comes the 100 word thing...
    "When writing your review, remember to keep the language clean. Reviews must be 100 words minimum. We encourage you to try to get your review right the first time--you may choose to edit it later on, but by doing so, you will lose any positive feedback associated with the review. We encourage you to write your review in a word processor or text editor, save it to your local disk, then copy and paste it in the box below."
  • SKINS !!!! :D Love it ! it shouldn't end ! Love the 1st and 2nd ! But the 3rd one its getting better and yes Freddy is extremely hot ! :DD waiting for the 4th season sooon ! :D

I love skins ! I kinda like the 1st and 2nd season better, but i also like this 3rd season !
    I think its uncomparable to gossip girl and its a lot better, its more a realistic tv series about teenagers life at an european country, i hope it doesn't stops ever! and i found very interesting the fact that at the 1st episode of this 3rd season was mentioned the death of Max Preece, a young boy, talented and loved by many people, from bristol, singer who died, a drama faced every day by many people, kinda like skins.

I miss Cassie and the old "crew"!!! :DDD
  • I love the fact that it is like a more edgy gossip girl...

It's like a more adult Gossip Girl with better humor and more likable characters. They may have a different cast now but it is honestly one of the best shows on TV right now. You have to relate to one of the characters or know someone who is like them, they are too human to not relate to. While the story line may be a little far fetched at times it is always interesting and always has something to teach you. You can always pick up a message about how love isn't perfect, or friendships are fragile things only with a twist of humor which all of us need now-a-days. Personal Favorite, and I hope it continues.
  • Simply one of the best shows i have seen and enjoy watching it every week.

Skins is a fantastic show about teenagers from England. The cast in the first two seasons were great and teenagers all around the world would of been relating to some of the story lines that were brought up. Every week in the first season we learn about the characters, making us more attached to them and like them. In the second season more serious stories unfold. There is a fantastic mix of drama and comedy in Skins, one minute your laughing at their crazy antics, the next you might be on the edge of your seat excited to see what happens next. In the third series, i was disappointed on the cast from series one and two being thrown out (except for Effy and Pandora) and wasn't sure how i would like the new cast. However since the first two seasons were fabulous, i thought it was worth seeing how the new season would go. And i must say, so far i have not been disappointed. Fairly similar to season one, season three has been about learning about the new characters, however unlike season one, some major story lines have been introduced while learning about the characters. So far i think season three has been fantastic and has continued the greatness of the show which is known as Skins.
  • The best teen show I have ever seen

I only wish that American shows could be more like this. It's brilliant television. the characters arcs are wonderfully done. It's the only show where I feel that I love EVERY single character. In their individual episodes you get to lean what drives them and what hold them back. You get to fully understand each character and experience their tragedies and joys. The writing is perfect it combines hilarious lines and moments with moments that really emotionally effect you. Though it sounds cliche you will laugh and cry through the whole show. The storylines are gritty and interactions between the characters are refreshingly realistic. They don't tip tow around that fact that teens do drugs, have sex, swear, and make mistakes. In fact they make it blatantly clear every episode. The characters are complex in their emotions and relationships which make this one of the most entertaining shows I have ever watched. It puts other shows like the OC, and Gossip Girl to shame with it's daring and realistic plots.
  • This show amazes me. English TV at it's best, Skins portrays a diverse group of 'college' students through their two years. Amazing Stories, Amazing Characters. A show I will always love.

Skins amazes me. The Stories, which are both realistic and interesting, capture my attention for the full 40 minutes. The characters, Tony, Sid, Michelle, Cassie, Jal, Chris, Maxxie, Anwar and even Effy are each unique and amazing individuals. Through the two seasons we have seen Tony grow into a better person, most likely through a new outlook on life after his accident. Sid learnt to be more confident and to think about things more carefully. Michelle struggled to find happiness and love however it seems in the end she admitted things werent going to be the same with her and Tony. Cassie is an amazin character, quirky and incredibly unique. She battles addiction, self doubt and seeks love however she works through this. Chris, the most energetic & fun guy of the group tragically dies at the end of the groups final season. It is somewhat a bad ending and annoys me. Maxxie, the openly, and widely accepted, gay member of the group struggles to convince his parents to allow him to live his dream however succeeds in the end, moving to london with his boyfriend and best friend Anwar. Anwar, the Muslim boy (who doesnt stick to his Muslim values too well) is somewhat lost and confused about his direction in life, however his best friend Maxxie helps him. Effy, Tony's younger sister, is relatively quiet yet rebellious. The end of season two sees her lying in her brothers bed with a quirky smile on her face, indicating that she is the next story we will see. The third season sees a new cast, where the ones we have grown accustomed to are written out of the script. This seems somewhat strange to me, as i like these characters a great deal. It will be interesting to see the new characters and what they get up to but lets hope the original ones return, atleast in guest appearances, so that we dont miss them. The original cast of skins will always be the favorites, after all.
  • Skins is a british teen drama about what teens go through constantly. It's like a mature "Friends" for teens.

I absolutely adore this show! I was thrilled with they started airing it on BBC America. It was my ritual on Sunday nights to watch this show. I know I'll miss it to pieces! I can't wait till it comes back to the states! This show is so original and insane! The themes are things that everyone can relate to and I love it for that. It's one of the few shows on tv that I love no matter what they talk about. Plus, the accents are fabulous. Being American, I've always been fascinated with England and this show just increased my love for that country!
  • Simply addictive. A really great show whit an amazing cast so far. Hope it stays this good.

A great show that I discovered only because a friend mentioned it to me. It doesnt air yet in my country and it´s a shame because no one knows about it. It presents really good stories in every chapter and the characters are so appealing that you just cant get enough of them. So far have no cons whit the show. It´s absolutly addictive and I really cant wait for the next season to start the 25th. It's a shame that they let the entire cast go but I think that it's going to work for them. Also Kaya is an incredible actress.
  • One of the best british shows there is out today. I love it. Can't wait till it comes back on.

This is one of my favourite shows of all time and is perfect for young adults of today like me. There is a good mixture of comedy, serious issues and sexual activity to keep the audience engrossed. Personally I can't wait for season three as I thought there wasn't going to be one. I thik that the actors are brillant and I like the fact that you had never heard of them before skin. The only thing I don't like is that Chris has been killed off as he was one of my favourite characttors. Otherwise it is absoultly perfect i always give it ten out of ten.
  • British teen drama at it's finest

I have to say first that this is the most disgusting show I've ever seen. I thought Dirt held that title and then this came along. But then I have to say that I absolutely love it. I was hooked after the first episode.

All of the characters are extremely well written, rounded and deep. My favorite so far is Cassie. In the pilot she comes across as some empty headed anorexic chick. The very next one made me fall in love with her. She is so much more. Chris is also a favorite, from his clothes to his very obvious crush on Angie; he's just a sweetheart to my eyes.

The graphic nudity, language and drug content is a bit shocking, but not not too surprising. This show definitely does not bow to normal standards.

While I haven't seen much yet, I am looking forward to see more from this quirky new show.
  • The show revolves around the completely messed up lives of British teenagers.

I watch a lot of tv, but this show is by and far one of the best I have ever seen. This side of the Atlantic we have a handful of teen based shows that are like Skins...but not nearly as edgy, fulfilling, and entertaining. I don't remember how I happened upon this show but I am so glad I did. I don't even consider it a guilty pleasure because I have no problem telling people about this show and recommending it to people. Skins doesn't treat it's demographic and fanbase as idiots with melodramatic lives. They are treated with delicate thought, care and consideration in such a way that even a 23 year-old such as myself feels thoroughly touched by this show. This is a great representation of my life now and when I was this age.
  • Skins revolves around the lives of a group of teenagers, who old friends that live in Bristol. The series represents their everyday lives.

The group includes Tony, popular, does well in school, good looking, good at everything except for being good. Sid, Tony's best mate. He lacks confidence and a sex life. Michelle, Tony's girlfriend. She's Gorgeous and she knows it. Cassie, Anorexic, bulimic, self harming, drug poping, with low self esteem. Her heads Screwed but her heart is in the right place. Chris, Fearless boy around town. He will **** snort pretty much anything. A party animal in love with his teacher. Jal, intelligent and privileged girl with family problems one of the sharper tools in the drawer. Anwar, A Muslim boy. Full devoted to his faith. Partly devoted to dope and white girls. Maxxie, The igmia. He's everyone's and nobody's friend. Proud, openly gay teenager. These characters attend a sixth form college in Bristol. Each installment has a self-contained theme focusing on each different character respectively, but there are several story arcs that span different episodes.

At the end of season one we leave the gang in a bit of a mess. Tony had just told Michelle he loves her, then he got hit by a bus. Michelle is left staring at her phone. Sid and Cassie were together but Cassie was leaving for Scotland. Angie's fiancée Merve Comes back from Australia and completely destroys Chris and Angie's relationship. Chris takes Angie's engagement ring, and is confronted by Merve and two of his friends. Angie eventually bursts in, and asks Chris to return it, does he comply. However, when he gives the ring back, Chris drops it, probably accidentally, and kneels down to pick it up, causing Anwar's uncle to think that Chris is proposing. Angie takes the ring, and runs off, leaving both Chris and Merve opposite one another. After she runs away, Chris comes to the conclusion that she loves him, and thus earns a punch from Merve, starting a minor brawl. Jal dances with Kenneth at Anwar's birthday party and the two seem to grow closer.

Skins is an awesome tv show. A really Guilty Pleasure. It is Worth watching the scripts are written reallly well. an original show. The Guys are very hot. It very funny. It deals with Drugs, Eating Disorders, race, religion, sexuality. Excellent for teenagers and young adults not everyone's will like it but I think it's brilliant.
  • Skins is a Bristol based drama that is based around 11 teenagers living in the big wild world of Bristol...each episode you get to each characters back ground, family , friends and how the other live, from the world potrays them.

Skins is such a well detailed drama and it makes it complete is the raunchiness, clever plots and the great acted characters, the show is made complete with the best scenery ever...Bristol... i thought that when SKINS was first advertised with the party scene i thought that it would be anohter JackAss show...but i thought it was fabulous. My favourite characters has to be Michelle Sid And Maxxie..they have such dark backgrounds and it keeps you amazed for ages, for example Sid...Tony treates Sid like rubbish and as quoted on a Skins Fansite 'The But Of Tonys Jokes' but as episodes when by you get to see the soft side of Sid and the one that made all teens and youngsters fall in love with. Skins has to be one of the best dramas that has hit this century and i hope that it carries on for the future generations.
  • Wow lovely!

I watched a lot of "teen drama", actually I still watch teen drama but I always say that they are guilty pleasure.
    But now I can say, without any shame at all, Hi I'm 22 and I watch and adore Skins.

British know how to make a show. That's all.
    The writing, the acting, the directing ... everything is perfect, right on cue.

This show has different kind of characters (a playboy, an anorexic girl, a homosexual, a muslim), deals with a lot of issues and still manages to be funny. What more can you ask for ?

Season 1 was perfect. Can't wait for season 2.
  • A review of Episode 2: Cassie is suffering from anorexia, and this episode exposes the true affliction caused by the illness. It presents anorexia in such a way, that it might help potential or current victims to relate, and see that they need help.

Skins is brilliant. Each episode focuses on an entirely unique character - for this review I will focus on Episode 2, which centres around the character Cassie. In the previous episode it is mentioned that Cassie has just been released from hospital, after suffering from anorexia and, as is also suggested, depression. Her family appears quite uncaring, her friends not totally supportive, and we see Cassie's façade through her repeated words – 'I'm totally better now'. She shares with Sid the techniques she uses to avoid eating food, and we see how she hides weights in her pants, so as to avoid further treatment. The show openly shares her suffering with the viewers. She repeatedly sees the word 'EAT' throughout the episode; whether through a formation of chips on a plate at lunch break, or through persistent messages from an unknown sender. One begins to think that perhaps she is imagining the word everywhere, and trying to tell herself what she needs to hear. I think it is great that an issue like this can be exposed, and especially through such a truly entertaining show, which is targeted at young adults. So many young women, and men, of this generation suffer from eating disorders. It is vital that publicity of the illnesses continue, and in ways that will actually reach the audience. Of course, Skins is not about 'exposing the issues of today' – it is a comedy and a drama, but most importantly, it is real. It provides a basis for young adults to truly relate to, whether for fun, for comfort, or to realise that sometimes we all need help.
  • I can't wait for season 2.

Skins revolves around the lives of a group of teenagers, who old friends that live in Bristol.The series represents their everyday lives. The group includes Tony, populaur, does well in school, good looking, good at everything except for being good. Sid, Tony's best mate.He lacks confidence and a sex life. Michelle, Tony's girlfriend. Shes Gorgeous and she knows it.Cassie, Anorexic, bulimic,self harming,drug poping, with low self esteem. Her heads Screwed but her heart is in the right place.Chris,Fearless boy around town. He will **** snortpretty much anything.A party animal in love with his teacher. Jal, intelligent and privileged girl with family problems one of the sharper tools in the drawer. Anwar,A Muslim boy. Full devoted to his faith. Partly devoted to dope and white girls. Maxxie, The igmia. Hes everyones and nobodys friend. proud, openly gay teenager. These characters attend a sixth form college in Bristol. Each installment has a self-contained theme focusing on each different character respectively, but there are several story arcs that span different episodes.

The Guys are very hot. It very funny. It deals with Drugs, Eating Disoders,race, religion, sexuality. Excellent for teenagers and young adults not everyone's will like it but i think it's brilliant.
  • This a ridiculously enjoyable show.

Skins isn't your average teen based drama it's funny, vibrant, spirited, beautifully poignant, ironic and at times rather whimsical. There are 9 episodes that make up this first series and each episode is dedicated to a certain character (or two as the case maybe); through their own episode we learn about the lives of each person. Learning what gives them joy and more often what problems are set to trip them up along the way of adolescence. The most interesting characters are not necessarily the most likable, Tony played by Nicholas Hoult is on the surface a promiscuous, womanizing, Machiavellian figure yet he displays much depth of character despite being rather horrid to those around him most of the time. Cassie on the other hand is wonderfully kooky. Her episode offers us a surreal journey as we see the world through the eyes of a troubled anorexic who despite going through much for someone her age is still retains a childlike innocent. Other noteworthy characters include Chris who does seem to escape definition (although he does remind me of Pacey Witter somewhat), and Michelle who shines in her episode. A likable character who I found rather dull is Sid, but he's sweet in his constant bad luck nonetheless. The remaining characters are Abigail, Effy, Maxxie, Anwar, and Jal (among the parents who aren't credited). It's quite a large cast but each of their story arcs are interwoven into one another's stories in a coherent manner, and we learn with each passing episode how each character relates to one another.

Skins definately is worth watching, it really is not as trashy as it appears to be, or as it was presented as. Whilst Skins is over the top it deals with all kinds or serious issues and manages to be incredibly intelligent and thought provoking at the same time, not many shows can boast such a consistent blending of concepts. Obviously this show is not for everyone but it's incredibly well written and very entertaining -- also what's great about the show is its unpredictable nature. The last few episodes in particular display the range and darkness the show is willing to delve into. For anyone not already aware this series does portray a great deal of swearing, drug use, nudity and sex. In effect it's not for the prudish!

Since each episode is following the journey of a particular character said episode is named after them. Thus highlight episodes include: 'Cassie', 'Tony', 'Michelle', 'Effy' and the finale episode 'Abigail'.
  • This show is just brillant! Its funny and at times plain weird but in a good way!

I love this show. It is perfect for teenagers and shows a teenage life i supose quite realistically. The humour is great and a lot of the time is brought by the weirdness throughout the series. All the characters are great but different and you really do watch them change and progress. Sid and Cassies relationship is one of the highlighs of the show, another highlight being Cassie herself - best character. Tony is an ass and its enjoyable to see his downfall, Michelle is good to watch as she soon see's the real tony. The season finale was one iof the best tv episodes i've ever seen! Skins is different and i would reccoment it to any teenager out there!
  • YOU MUST WATCH THIS PROGRAM!!!

with the end of the oc comes a program that makes it look like it should have ended a long time ago! this gritty teen drama about the lifes of teenagers in bristol ( i think, sorry if i am wrong) is probabley the best breath of alcohol fuelled air that i have watched in quiet some time. put away your dummy and throw those knitted jumpers in the bin, this is life as we shall now know it, and i have never wanted it more.

tony sid michelle cassie and co ( my personal favourite kenneth " you get me!") are the new wave of actors. the new generation has arrived and for me, it couldnt have came sooner
  • 'Skins' is the most compelling TV Drama I've watched in the last year (maybe more).

Skins is by far the best TV show i've watched in the last year. That said, I have to justify myself: It's not 100% original (after all, the 'suffering' of teenagers while reaching puberty was shown in a lot of shows), but it has sparkle - characters (like Cassey and Sid) that really makes you remember all your faults as a teenager (even though they might not involve drugs, senseless partying, etc.), and the show is always on the move - always new things happenning - and every chapter brings new reason to want to watch more 'Skins'. With great characters (and good actors), top-of-the-line writing and great camera work (most of the time) - this is a show that will (hopefully) do great!
  • Skins is focused around the lives of a group of friends who live in Bristol. The drama represents the daily lives of us teens. The group includes a gay character Maxxie, a drug-taking Muslim character Anwar, a girl with an eating disorder. (more too)

Skins is the best show on tv.

Sex.Drugs.Realtionships.Drama.Comedy.

The show is the first showin the world(yes the world!) to show people the lives on teenagers acted by teenagers.

The show accuratly shows people what we go through everyday of our teenage lives, plus a little bit of extra stuff of course!
    Basically the show, which last one hour, is fun, easy to watch and should by now be everyones favourite show.
    If you have missed the episodes they are on Youtube and they air on thrudays, E4 at 10pm (only 2 episodes left)

new series should be being filmed soon.
    WATCH THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!
  • I avoided this show for its first few weeks before I decided to give it a try and I'm hooked already!

It's not often I find a show I'm willing to sit through while it's on TV - I usually wait for a DVD release - but Skins has managed to grab my attention by having such a different style and set of characters to any other show on TV at the moment. I also like the fact that it doesn't go out of it's way to appear glamorous (admittedly like most of the shows I watch) but instead goes in the complete opposite direction taking a more gritty look at the lives of its characters. The one thing that annoys me slightly is the fact that each episode focuses on only one character and for the rest of the series that character takes a back-seat, leaving many of the more interesting characters more or less out of the picture. I would like to see it more balanced if it returns for a second series but for now I'm loving the first one!
  • Very entertaining, refreshing show, now on E4

I just watched episode 6 this evening. Russia is fun. Possibly the funniest episode ever, and I loved that they started to explore Anwar and Maxxie, who I had been dying to know more about. My favourite part was the reoccuring element of sid and drugs. This episode was co-written by Simon Amstell (Nevermind the buzzcocks) and his type of humour is shown in this episode. Generally, a really funny, enlightening show. I wouldn't say that it was very realistic (not for me, anyway) but it does portray the lifestyle of many young adults of this generation.
< 1 2 3