Skins (UK)

Thursday 10:00 PM on E4 Premiered Jan 25, 2007 Between Seasons

aldaros23

Skins (UK) Fan Reviews (69)

• This is a Brilliant Show british telly at its best

This is a brilliant show that has taken over from shameless scince that has gone downhill majorly
    I’ve only seen the first epi and already it has me hooked I mean in the first episode we had a kind of overdose, a joy ride, accidental crash in the canal, drug dealing and fits with posh kids this show will be the main reason why people watch British telly all over the worls way better than the oc with more cutting edge storylines and set in a "real" place that most of the 18-30 years old people that will watch this will know some where like this or have personally lived somewhere like this all I can really say that this will be a great show and just great British telly
  • a funny and witty British drama based around a group of teenage friends and the type of trouble that they get up to while trying to have a reasonable social life

I loved this show. Best teen show i have seen in ages. It definitely lived up to its hype. It was funny fast paced (In the first ten minutes you spot a love triangle) and very entertaining not too heavy on the drama so it’s a show that allows you to relax. It also had the return of the Kid from about a boy we has grown up. What I loved most was its simplicity. British TV rules and the acting was great i loved the cassie character. In fact i loved all of them i would definitely recommend this show to all the young people and see what the young characters get up to next.
  • Reminds me of American show "Life as We Know It" with a lot more sex, drugs, swearing and nudity.

Really enjoying it so far, reminds me of the American show "Life As We Know It" but with a lot more drugs and the ability to swear as much as they like. Though unlike LAWKI, I hope this doesn't get canceled.
    Originally thought they were going to tell it all from the one perspective but I am really happy they aren't because I think they have created some really good characters.
    The only surreal parts of the show is the fact that such a diverse group of people can be such good friends. Though its a great way of representing what type of person is in the community.
    Anyways, lets hope we see at least a season out of it.
  • Very entertaining, refreshing show, now on E4

I just watched episode 6 this evening. Russia is fun. Possibly the funniest episode ever, and I loved that they started to explore Anwar and Maxxie, who I had been dying to know more about. My favourite part was the reoccuring element of sid and drugs. This episode was co-written by Simon Amstell (Nevermind the buzzcocks) and his type of humour is shown in this episode. Generally, a really funny, enlightening show. I wouldn't say that it was very realistic (not for me, anyway) but it does portray the lifestyle of many young adults of this generation.
  • I avoided this show for its first few weeks before I decided to give it a try and I'm hooked already!

It's not often I find a show I'm willing to sit through while it's on TV - I usually wait for a DVD release - but Skins has managed to grab my attention by having such a different style and set of characters to any other show on TV at the moment. I also like the fact that it doesn't go out of it's way to appear glamorous (admittedly like most of the shows I watch) but instead goes in the complete opposite direction taking a more gritty look at the lives of its characters. The one thing that annoys me slightly is the fact that each episode focuses on only one character and for the rest of the series that character takes a back-seat, leaving many of the more interesting characters more or less out of the picture. I would like to see it more balanced if it returns for a second series but for now I'm loving the first one!
  • Skins is focused around the lives of a group of friends who live in Bristol. The drama represents the daily lives of us teens. The group includes a gay character Maxxie, a drug-taking Muslim character Anwar, a girl with an eating disorder. (more too)

Skins is the best show on tv.

Sex.Drugs.Realtionships.Drama.Comedy.

The show is the first showin the world(yes the world!) to show people the lives on teenagers acted by teenagers.

The show accuratly shows people what we go through everyday of our teenage lives, plus a little bit of extra stuff of course!
    Basically the show, which last one hour, is fun, easy to watch and should by now be everyones favourite show.
    If you have missed the episodes they are on Youtube and they air on thrudays, E4 at 10pm (only 2 episodes left)

new series should be being filmed soon.
    WATCH THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!
  • a channel 4 comedy based around the lives of teenagers.

A thoroughly funny comedy. Something for all the family to have a giggle at. Skins also touches upon subjects such as eating disorders, drugs and emotional abuse which is fitting amongst teenagers (the target audience). well done channel 4! I hope that they will bring another series, I'm quite sure they will.. as long as it is still repeated on E4 as I can't be missing my weekly fix of ITV's Benidorm.
  • 'Skins' is the most compelling TV Drama I've watched in the last year (maybe more).

Skins is by far the best TV show i've watched in the last year. That said, I have to justify myself: It's not 100% original (after all, the 'suffering' of teenagers while reaching puberty was shown in a lot of shows), but it has sparkle - characters (like Cassey and Sid) that really makes you remember all your faults as a teenager (even though they might not involve drugs, senseless partying, etc.), and the show is always on the move - always new things happenning - and every chapter brings new reason to want to watch more 'Skins'. With great characters (and good actors), top-of-the-line writing and great camera work (most of the time) - this is a show that will (hopefully) do great!
  • could be improved but still a good show.

Befor the series began i expected great things from it and i have to say that i was a bit disapointed. I exspected a hard hitting real life drama about the life of british teenages. and thats what i got sort of. the show was how do you say a little over the top. but still its a great show. there were in amungst some mediocre episodes there were some great ones and i am also ashomed to say that i did cry during most of them but hey keep that to yourself. this show is a real dimond in the ruf and with a little work culd be outstanding.
  • YOU MUST WATCH THIS PROGRAM!!!

with the end of the oc comes a program that makes it look like it should have ended a long time ago! this gritty teen drama about the lifes of teenagers in bristol ( i think, sorry if i am wrong) is probabley the best breath of alcohol fuelled air that i have watched in quiet some time. put away your dummy and throw those knitted jumpers in the bin, this is life as we shall now know it, and i have never wanted it more.

tony sid michelle cassie and co ( my personal favourite kenneth " you get me!") are the new wave of actors. the new generation has arrived and for me, it couldnt have came sooner
  • Really cool, but it can do better.

So, let's start with the characters - there's Tony, the swave, intelligent, street smart ladies' man, but uses his powers of manipulation over others as a way to make life less boring and to thrill seek, which, leaves him isolated from others because his friends are basically tired of it. Then we have Sid - Tony's best friend - who's the typical character that everyone 'loves', but in a 'friend' type of way... mainly because he's not necessarily good looking, he's always being taken advantage of by his friends (mainly Tony), and his life is basically a mess. However, he's a typical lovable character because of these reasons and Tony would be at a loss without him, despite Tony covering this up by treating Sid with little respect. They're the two main characters which make the series.

Sid has an admirer - Cassie, who's an emotionally unstable anorexic - but he's too obsessed with Tony's girlfriend, Michelle, to notice her, which leads Cassie to go into depression. Cassie's character is peculiar and eccentric, but she's also an intelligent girl who's very likable and you really feel for her and her depression over Sid.

We then have Michelle - Tony's girlfriend - who's an attractive girl who's fed up of Tony's manipulating, tiring ways and is constantly on an uneven slope with Tony. The other characters are a homosexual who appears to have emotions for his friend, Anwar (a Muslim), but Anwar, because of his religion, feels like he can't be friends with him anymore because he's a Muslim. This in itself combats the stress of religions on teenagers that just want to live. There's also Chris, the sex-mad mess who is madly in love with his sexy psychology teacher, and she is with him but feels restrict to show emotion to him because she's his teacher.

I could go on, but that's just scraping the surface of this surprisingly deep programme. It's deep, thrilling, exciting, and each episode follows the individual life of every character and their relationships with the friends around them, and visa versa.

The one thing I will criticise - not the programme but the reviews - is that many says 'it's portraying the average life of A-level students', but it isn't, as I'm an A-level student and none of them are as interesting and as exciting as these characters. So no, it's not portraying 'average' teenagers, but it is dealing with some profound issues that teenagers face.

Watch this show, you'll be happy you did.
  • Worth watching if you're into teen dramas

The great thing about this show is that unlike The O.C. the plot was far more realistic, although at times a little extreme. The characters were far easier to relate to as well as their situations and I found that although it referred to very serious issues in a serious way the show itself didn't take itself too seriously.
    What I loved about the characters was the fact that they were all loveable and yet they all had their faults, so they felt more human than characters inother teen dramas. For example Tony was a horrible person, but at the same time I felt I was able to empathise with him, unlike the stereotypical bad guys found in most other shows.
    The finale was incredible and completely unpredictable, I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat for the whole hour, and I'm still surprised by what happens everytime I watch it. I can't wait for season 2.
  • Well written, well acted, well filmed well what more do you want?!

This show is absolutely amazing, and I would say that this show along with the new BBC show 'Robin Hood' are the two greatest British shows to start this century.

What I liked about it was the interplay between writing and acting, the young actors were good at getting you to care about the characters that they play. especially people like sid and cassie, and even Tony, we hated him at some point but felt sorry for him at other points.
    To be honest I just can't wait for seaon two to begin in the UK, and Id be interested to see how the first ine does in the US...
  • This show is just brillant! Its funny and at times plain weird but in a good way!

I love this show. It is perfect for teenagers and shows a teenage life i supose quite realistically. The humour is great and a lot of the time is brought by the weirdness throughout the series. All the characters are great but different and you really do watch them change and progress. Sid and Cassies relationship is one of the highlighs of the show, another highlight being Cassie herself - best character. Tony is an ass and its enjoyable to see his downfall, Michelle is good to watch as she soon see's the real tony. The season finale was one iof the best tv episodes i've ever seen! Skins is different and i would reccoment it to any teenager out there!
  • This a ridiculously enjoyable show.

Skins isn't your average teen based drama it's funny, vibrant, spirited, beautifully poignant, ironic and at times rather whimsical. There are 9 episodes that make up this first series and each episode is dedicated to a certain character (or two as the case maybe); through their own episode we learn about the lives of each person. Learning what gives them joy and more often what problems are set to trip them up along the way of adolescence. The most interesting characters are not necessarily the most likable, Tony played by Nicholas Hoult is on the surface a promiscuous, womanizing, Machiavellian figure yet he displays much depth of character despite being rather horrid to those around him most of the time. Cassie on the other hand is wonderfully kooky. Her episode offers us a surreal journey as we see the world through the eyes of a troubled anorexic who despite going through much for someone her age is still retains a childlike innocent. Other noteworthy characters include Chris who does seem to escape definition (although he does remind me of Pacey Witter somewhat), and Michelle who shines in her episode. A likable character who I found rather dull is Sid, but he's sweet in his constant bad luck nonetheless. The remaining characters are Abigail, Effy, Maxxie, Anwar, and Jal (among the parents who aren't credited). It's quite a large cast but each of their story arcs are interwoven into one another's stories in a coherent manner, and we learn with each passing episode how each character relates to one another.

Skins definately is worth watching, it really is not as trashy as it appears to be, or as it was presented as. Whilst Skins is over the top it deals with all kinds or serious issues and manages to be incredibly intelligent and thought provoking at the same time, not many shows can boast such a consistent blending of concepts. Obviously this show is not for everyone but it's incredibly well written and very entertaining -- also what's great about the show is its unpredictable nature. The last few episodes in particular display the range and darkness the show is willing to delve into. For anyone not already aware this series does portray a great deal of swearing, drug use, nudity and sex. In effect it's not for the prudish!

Since each episode is following the journey of a particular character said episode is named after them. Thus highlight episodes include: 'Cassie', 'Tony', 'Michelle', 'Effy' and the finale episode 'Abigail'.
  • Perhaps the best british teen show ever...

Skins is completely awesome. It stars actual teenagers (as opposed to 30 year olds), has a great writing, a wicked indie soundtrack and is just perfect. It's original and shows teenagers as they actually are (well not all of them..) and isn't afraid to be out there. The charachters are complete genius, my personal fave being Sid, and each episode lets you into their sometimes unusual or empty heads. A rare teen show that has the humour as well as the dramatic bits which is no great surprise as it's from the makers of Shameless (another great british show which also introduced the world to James McAvoy...sigh.) I can't wait for season 2 and have already nicked the skind dvd off my brother.
  • Tony is the leader of the group of Sid,Cassie,Chris,Maxxie,Jal,Anwar and of course is beatiful girlfriend Michelle. Abigail a rich girl from a very High medicated. Cassie we can see she is in love with Sid but Sid fall for Michelle.

Now,we got Maxxie who is pretty disconnected from every thing exept is Tap dancing and the reason he is a gay.
    Chris trying to get his psychology teacher, Angie.
    Tony who is the leader of the group is a Philosophy-reading and a manipulating .
    At school they trying to give them best.
    They get into a lot of trouble and all the pepole around them are pretty insane, The lost 84 Pounds of weed they sould have sell at the rich girl party and this will coast them trouble to next epsoides,
    Hope the show gets a lot of rating couse its a great show!!
  • I can't wait for season 2.

Skins revolves around the lives of a group of teenagers, who old friends that live in Bristol.The series represents their everyday lives. The group includes Tony, populaur, does well in school, good looking, good at everything except for being good. Sid, Tony's best mate.He lacks confidence and a sex life. Michelle, Tony's girlfriend. Shes Gorgeous and she knows it.Cassie, Anorexic, bulimic,self harming,drug poping, with low self esteem. Her heads Screwed but her heart is in the right place.Chris,Fearless boy around town. He will **** snortpretty much anything.A party animal in love with his teacher. Jal, intelligent and privileged girl with family problems one of the sharper tools in the drawer. Anwar,A Muslim boy. Full devoted to his faith. Partly devoted to dope and white girls. Maxxie, The igmia. Hes everyones and nobodys friend. proud, openly gay teenager. These characters attend a sixth form college in Bristol. Each installment has a self-contained theme focusing on each different character respectively, but there are several story arcs that span different episodes.

The Guys are very hot. It very funny. It deals with Drugs, Eating Disoders,race, religion, sexuality. Excellent for teenagers and young adults not everyone's will like it but i think it's brilliant.
  • SIMPLY MIND-BLOWING. There is nothing else like it (or at least that can compete with the show.) It's truthfullness mixed with an intriguing storyline and fabulous characters creates heart whispers.

It is humour, racing along a long track of misfortunate (and odd) events and teenage angst in a bottle.
    The characters are amazing;
    - Sid's ill-luck & ability to always get into deep trouble, together with loyalty, forgivness & sweetness.
    - Cassie, who's quirkiness reminds me of Luna Lovegood, I am wishing her the best of luck with all her problems, because she deserves it, as the good person she is (I am still hoping that Sid's going to save her.)
    - Tony, who is terrific, unbelievably scary & psychotic, improvising and going along with every situation, and of him, I am not sure of how he will turn out, although I know there's something good and unspoilt in him, I know it.
    I can go on forever, But I won't. Let's just say that the characters are the greatness and I am longing for season 2.
  • A review of Episode 2: Cassie is suffering from anorexia, and this episode exposes the true affliction caused by the illness. It presents anorexia in such a way, that it might help potential or current victims to relate, and see that they need help.

Skins is brilliant. Each episode focuses on an entirely unique character - for this review I will focus on Episode 2, which centres around the character Cassie. In the previous episode it is mentioned that Cassie has just been released from hospital, after suffering from anorexia and, as is also suggested, depression. Her family appears quite uncaring, her friends not totally supportive, and we see Cassie's façade through her repeated words – 'I'm totally better now'. She shares with Sid the techniques she uses to avoid eating food, and we see how she hides weights in her pants, so as to avoid further treatment. The show openly shares her suffering with the viewers. She repeatedly sees the word 'EAT' throughout the episode; whether through a formation of chips on a plate at lunch break, or through persistent messages from an unknown sender. One begins to think that perhaps she is imagining the word everywhere, and trying to tell herself what she needs to hear. I think it is great that an issue like this can be exposed, and especially through such a truly entertaining show, which is targeted at young adults. So many young women, and men, of this generation suffer from eating disorders. It is vital that publicity of the illnesses continue, and in ways that will actually reach the audience. Of course, Skins is not about 'exposing the issues of today' – it is a comedy and a drama, but most importantly, it is real. It provides a basis for young adults to truly relate to, whether for fun, for comfort, or to realise that sometimes we all need help.
  • Wow lovely!

I watched a lot of "teen drama", actually I still watch teen drama but I always say that they are guilty pleasure.
    But now I can say, without any shame at all, Hi I'm 22 and I watch and adore Skins.

British know how to make a show. That's all.
    The writing, the acting, the directing ... everything is perfect, right on cue.

This show has different kind of characters (a playboy, an anorexic girl, a homosexual, a muslim), deals with a lot of issues and still manages to be funny. What more can you ask for ?

Season 1 was perfect. Can't wait for season 2.
  • Skins is a Bristol based drama that is based around 11 teenagers living in the big wild world of Bristol...each episode you get to each characters back ground, family , friends and how the other live, from the world potrays them.

Skins is such a well detailed drama and it makes it complete is the raunchiness, clever plots and the great acted characters, the show is made complete with the best scenery ever...Bristol... i thought that when SKINS was first advertised with the party scene i thought that it would be anohter JackAss show...but i thought it was fabulous. My favourite characters has to be Michelle Sid And Maxxie..they have such dark backgrounds and it keeps you amazed for ages, for example Sid...Tony treates Sid like rubbish and as quoted on a Skins Fansite 'The But Of Tonys Jokes' but as episodes when by you get to see the soft side of Sid and the one that made all teens and youngsters fall in love with. Skins has to be one of the best dramas that has hit this century and i hope that it carries on for the future generations.
  • If you haven't heard of this show you must watch it. It's refreshing, funny and it is finally a show about what the youngsters go through during aodlescence.

I was looking for a show which was at the same time funny and serious. I must say i didn't think of turning to British Tv at the first time but after some research, it seemed like this show had something special. So I watched the first episode and it was sooo good! I'm really not a big fan of all these Tv shows who depict the lives of some teens who have problems most adolescents will never have but Skins is different. Once more, the British show they can make good real tv shows. You immediatly fall in love with this group of teens who have real problems and real concerns about their lives. It's refreshing to see that they talk about sexuality and drug and all these problems that some tv show prefer to keep under cover because it's not really politically correct to show what our teens think about. The group is a real melting pot as you can find different personalities but also different origins and religions, it's really refreshing and I'm quite sure most teens who have watched this show recognize themselves through the group. So if you want to spend a good time watching Tv (and for those who want to know what their children think about) you must really watch Skins!
  • Awesome

This Show is awesome you don't get many quality British T.V Drama shows like this!

Skins revolves around the lives of a group of 16–18 year-old friends who live in Bristol. The group includes a popular boy (Tony), his Ex girlfriend (Michelle), a geek (Sid), a Muslim boy (Anwar), a gay character (Maxxie), a girl with eating disorder (Cassie), an intelligent and privileged girl with family problems (Jal), and a party animal (Chris). These characters attend a Sixth Form College in Bristol. Each episode has a self-contained theme focusing on each different character respectively, but there are several story arcs that span of different episodes.
  • Skins revolves around the lives of a group of teenagers, who old friends that live in Bristol. The series represents their everyday lives.

The group includes Tony, popular, does well in school, good looking, good at everything except for being good. Sid, Tony's best mate. He lacks confidence and a sex life. Michelle, Tony's girlfriend. She's Gorgeous and she knows it. Cassie, Anorexic, bulimic, self harming, drug poping, with low self esteem. Her heads Screwed but her heart is in the right place. Chris, Fearless boy around town. He will **** snort pretty much anything. A party animal in love with his teacher. Jal, intelligent and privileged girl with family problems one of the sharper tools in the drawer. Anwar, A Muslim boy. Full devoted to his faith. Partly devoted to dope and white girls. Maxxie, The igmia. He's everyone's and nobody's friend. Proud, openly gay teenager. These characters attend a sixth form college in Bristol. Each installment has a self-contained theme focusing on each different character respectively, but there are several story arcs that span different episodes.

At the end of season one we leave the gang in a bit of a mess. Tony had just told Michelle he loves her, then he got hit by a bus. Michelle is left staring at her phone. Sid and Cassie were together but Cassie was leaving for Scotland. Angie's fiancée Merve Comes back from Australia and completely destroys Chris and Angie's relationship. Chris takes Angie's engagement ring, and is confronted by Merve and two of his friends. Angie eventually bursts in, and asks Chris to return it, does he comply. However, when he gives the ring back, Chris drops it, probably accidentally, and kneels down to pick it up, causing Anwar's uncle to think that Chris is proposing. Angie takes the ring, and runs off, leaving both Chris and Merve opposite one another. After she runs away, Chris comes to the conclusion that she loves him, and thus earns a punch from Merve, starting a minor brawl. Jal dances with Kenneth at Anwar's birthday party and the two seem to grow closer.

Skins is an awesome tv show. A really Guilty Pleasure. It is Worth watching the scripts are written reallly well. an original show. The Guys are very hot. It very funny. It deals with Drugs, Eating Disorders, race, religion, sexuality. Excellent for teenagers and young adults not everyone's will like it but I think it's brilliant.
  • Skins chronicles the lives of a group of Tony, Sid, and friends, a group teenagers in Britsol.

Skins is an excellent show. It has fantastic characters, there is the beautiful but insecure Michelle, the slightly insane but completely lovely Cassie, the mysterious Effy, the driven and sarcastic Jal, the adorable but sexually inexperienced Sid, the charming but arrogant Tony, pill popping Chris, hilarious "Muslim Kid" Anwar, and the beautiful Maxxie. Unlike most teen shows, it can deal with issues such as sexuality, religon, and eating disorders without patronizing kids. It also has a great comedic side and has alot of light moments as well. Overall I think this show has a perfect blend of comedy and drama, with excellent acting and writing. There is no other show like this out there, and it is not only for teenagers, so if you haven't seen it yet, check it out! :)
  • Skins is British drama / comedy aimed at teenagers / young adults, Skins focuses on a group of teenagers as they face Drugs, sexuality, education, parties, race & relationships.

Skins is a British Teen Drama/Comedy that focuses mainly on the lives of 7 teenagers while sometimes looking into the lives of other sub-characters.

Each Episode focuses upon either 1 or 2 characters as they face certain challenges in their life whether it be drugs, sexuality, education, parties, race or relationships. Many viewers (especially those of ages 15 - 25) will be able to understand the problems that these teens go through in their everyday lives and because of that really connect with the show.

With its Quirky comedy bits, fantastic writing, and very promising acting from such young actors, Skins is a great programme that will entertain mainly the younger crowd but may even interest those that wouldn't usually like a teen programme.

Definetly worth a watch.
  • Most original teen drama

Forget Dawson's Creek, The O.C., Gossip Girl and similar, because Skins is everything but the classic teen drama we are used to. First of all is set in Bristol, UK: different habits, different world, (I would even say different language, because is definetely not american), same teenagers problems ever. But the way these guys' problems and issues are presented is original for sure. It's maybe another generation now, not the same that sighted in front of the troubled Dawson and Joey's relationship, or the same that stood for Brian fighting against the rich guys. It's the generation of the extreme parties, drugs, sex without limits. Is it truly like this? We don't really know, but this show fascinates the young people. It's real and direct, express the deep and confused feelings of teenagers by narrating their normal life: they're not too sentimental or spoiled, they're not talking hours using youth psicology or driving expensive cars under the californian sun, they're just like everyone else, down to earth I would dare. And this is the goal of the show: simple guys dealing with everyday life. Friendships and relationships are the center of each episode, and dispite all the difficulties they have and the not properly happy scenario, the final message, the one that we get, is the importance and the strenght of being together.
  • British humor at it's best!

Warning: Contains spoilers.

Well, I have to say that British humor isn't that hard to get. I was able to follow that show within the first episode or the first two episodes, and it is hilarious. The show is wonderful, and exciting. It is honestly probably the best teen drama show I have ever seen, and I hope to have DVDs coming to the USA.

Although, the reason the show isn't a 10/10 is because these are not how teens actually act. Well, not all of them. Also, the show isn't really the best in the world but it is a great show. I recommend this show for teens, and I hope you start watching, soon!
  • The show revolves around the completely messed up lives of British teenagers.

I watch a lot of tv, but this show is by and far one of the best I have ever seen. This side of the Atlantic we have a handful of teen based shows that are like Skins...but not nearly as edgy, fulfilling, and entertaining. I don't remember how I happened upon this show but I am so glad I did. I don't even consider it a guilty pleasure because I have no problem telling people about this show and recommending it to people. Skins doesn't treat it's demographic and fanbase as idiots with melodramatic lives. They are treated with delicate thought, care and consideration in such a way that even a 23 year-old such as myself feels thoroughly touched by this show. This is a great representation of my life now and when I was this age.
< 1 2 3