Skins (UK)

Thursday 10:00 PM on E4 Premiered Jan 25, 2007 Between Seasons

aldaros23

Skins (UK) Fan Reviews (69)

• Skins is a comedic teen drama that uses a real life issues with larger than life situations, a touch of absurdism, and some very well-written dialogue.

I have only seen the first 2 series of this show, but I frequently brag to people that Skins is possibly the most well-written program on television. Some of the lines are virtually poetic, and the show utilizes some very interesting character dynamic.
    In series 1, the laughs are much stronger, and in series 2, the drama is stronger. I prefer the overwhelming comic style where the characters spit out words that make you want to fall out of your seat laughing. It's a great way to use British awkward situational comedy for teens,

And that is one of the biggest things about SKINS, which I adore. It can show teens as they really act (on some levels unseen in American programs), for example...teens swear, do drugs, and have sex. But in American TV, they are always used as an example, or they are trying to send a cheesy and cliche message to America's youth. Skins shows angsty teens that are simply living their lives, but facing with issues that are larger than their maturity levels. This is a show that is funny, yet often serious, and I absolutely recommend it.