Skyland Forums

Saturday 12:00 AM on Nicktoons NetworksBetween Seasons

Dahlia

LightningFlash8

[1]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 3

Dahlia is quite an unusual character given her age, role and the genre of Skyland. She is, to some extent at least, the spunky, strong female character a lot of shows with this target audience have. But rather than reckless, impulsive, and fun-loving, she's super strict, determined, single minded, practical, and almost humourless (yes, she makes the occasional joke, but she's a long way from 'Comic Relief' status.) 

Did something happen in her (completely unknown) past that led to this? She was 7 when Marcus disappeared and the Rebellion crumbled, would she (or her parent/s) have been a rebel then? Did the Sphere do something to her family, or a friend that led to her becoming a pirate?

I think it's pretty safe to assume she's not one of the foremost pirates simply because the Sphere's nasty and flying's fun. She certainly doesn't take her job (or anything, really) lightly.

Hopefully we'll get to see an episode focusing on Dahlia's, or the pirates in general, past (Cheng got one. ), but in the mean time, speculation is fun.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Undrave

[2]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 2
    Yeah I would love an episode explain how Dahlia got involved. I'm guessing she's an orphan and had to grow up somewhere mean. She seem to highly respect Cortez so I bet there'S a story behind that as well.

LightningFlash8

[3]Aug 4, 2006
    My theory is that her parent/s were pirates, and got killed at the same time as Cheng's, when Marcus disappeared and stuff. I'd definately agree with the orphan theory, though. She can certainly take care of herself, and, let's face it, the Sphere doesn't leave many people alive.

psycho_maniac

[4]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 5
    Dahlia is an awesome character. Personally, I find it great that there's a character on a kid's show that's around my age, who's a good strong character, and best of all is female. I usually tend towards liking the male characters more, I don't know how much that has to do with my personality, or how well the characters are written, but I really like Dahlia. She can be a little serious, but I love her confidence and how she deals with Mahad. Even if it is a little mean.

LightningFlash8

[5]Aug 4, 2006

Agreed. She's a really well written character. I've always been a fangirl of the 'Spunkeh' type of character (when they're done well, anyways,) and I find Dahlia to be a great take on that kind of role. She's strong, independant, and not waiting around for her 'hero.' She's out there to save the world herself.

Hmm, let me guess. There was no room for 'Hyper' Psycho_Maniac?

Edited on 08/04/2006 7:12pm

sacreandy

[6]Aug 5, 2006
    • level: 6
    this topic sucks like y'all suckas

LightningFlash8

[7]Aug 6, 2006
    Yes, thank you for that. You sure do shine in comparison.

FlashSilverwing

[8]Aug 7, 2006
    • level: 9
    That attempt to insult someone was so pathetic I'm not even going to quote it ROFL. This is just too hysterical, seeing an idiot trying to insult people. Insults require the minimum of intelligence for them to be effective.
    Edited on 08/07/2006 2:35pm
    Edited 2 total times.

sacreandy

[9]Aug 7, 2006
    • level: 6
    humm,looks like you're talking of yourself FlashSilverwing.

FlashSilverwing

[10]Aug 7, 2006
    • level: 9
    See? This is what I'm talking about with the intelligence level. You failed to notice that I'm not trying to insult anyone, just observing you use pathetic attempts to insult people (as you just did again right now). Using that oldie isn't working as nothing I said could be used in any way against me.

Have a nice day ^^.
    Edited on 08/07/2006 9:07pm

LightningFlash8

[11]Aug 7, 2006

sacreandy, do you actually watch Skyland and have something to contribute to this discussion, or are you simply looking for attention? Because I'd really like to see things get back on topic here.

Edited on 08/07/2006 10:15pm

pisdofmogirl

[12]May 20, 2007
    • level: 5

FlashSilverwing wrote:
    That attempt to insult someone was so pathetic I'm not even going to quote it ROFL. This is just too hysterical, seeing an idiot trying to insult people. Insults require the minimum of intelligence for them to be effective.

*snikcers*