Skyland Forums

Saturday 12:00 AM on Nicktoons NetworksBetween Seasons

Mahad and Dahlia

mort_07

[1]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 3
    Will Mahad and Dahlia get together? and after being denied so many times when will he finaly get that kiss that he has been after?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sacreandy

[2]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 6
    I think they'll get together because in an episode they almost kissed but stopped.(a french episode)
    Edited on 07/30/2006 4:58am
    Edited 2 total times.

TheOddBird

[3]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 13
    I think in the end they'll end up together.

FlashSilverwing

[4]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 9
    I wouldn't doubt it if they'll be together. Most shows have their own little "couples", but with Mahad and Dahlia things are a bit sketchy (since they both tend to not only be on eachother's nerves, but Dahlia is also 3 years older than Mahad). Won't mind seeing them together though.

LightningFlash8

[5]Aug 1, 2006

It's a refreshing change from the usual 'Teen Love Fiasco' that the relationship between Mahad and Dahlia isn't cut-and-dry, they're gonna get together, end of story. Not only does Mahad's head get turned by every pretty girl he sees, but Dahlia's reaction to his attempts at romance seldom pass amusement or scorn. Granted, they had a 'moment' in Eye of the Storm, but that's fairly understandable considering that they thought there were about to be blown to pieces.

I wouldn't mind seeing them get together, (although I think Dahlia/Cortes could work, too) but I don't think it's a given that they will. There would have to be quite a bit of character development on both sides for a relationship between them to work. Mahad definitely needs to grow up, and Dahlia would benefit from unwinding a bit. Then again, they're perfect for helping each other with this . . . .

Edited on 08/02/2006 1:22am

psycho_maniac

[6]Aug 7, 2006
    • level: 5
    I like Dahlia/Mahad. Well, like as much as I pay attention to the romantic side of stuff anyway. I like tension over falling into each others arms (yeah, I know they do literally fall into one anothers arms a few times). Even liked the moment in 'Eye of the Storm', though that was bordering on my mushy sensors. Don't mind mushy done well, mind you.

We also see some Hanaku/Mahad in 'Babylonia'. I thought that was kind of cute. Seems very much friendship based, which I like.

Hmm... Cortes/Dahlia... would certainly be interesting...

LightningFlash8

[7]Aug 7, 2006

I thought there was a fair bit of Shoomday/Hanako, myself. The hand holding, him crash-tackling Mahad because he thought he was 'some drifter' giving her trouble, them both 'happening' to go the hill at around the same  time . . . Apparently it's the romantic hotspot of Babylonia. Mahad even had a half-hearted attempt at getting Dahlia up there.

I liked how they handled thee 'moment' in Eye. They built up to it a bit with the hand holdy part, which wasn't supposed to be Mahad just hitting on her again. He was genuine, and genuinely caring in that ep. He nearly got rewarded for it, too.

Undrave

[8]Aug 10, 2006
    • level: 2
    Yeah Babylonia had lots of nice moments... it seem that if Mahad hadn't left Babylonia his relationship with Hanako could have developped a bit.

Larn555

[9]Oct 25, 2006
    • level: 1
    The favt that some of you people think Dahli and Cortes? Is just wrong! I mean Cortes is like 37-40 years old! And Dahli is like 18-20. I always picture Muhad with a girlfriend. Maybe was Dahli. Or made with a other girl.

Larn555

[10]Oct 25, 2006
    • level: 1
    The favt that some of you people think Dahli and Cortes? Is just wrong! I mean Cortes is like 37-40 years old! And Dahli is like 18-20. I always picture Muhad with a girlfriend. Maybe was Dahli. Or made with a other girl.

psycho_maniac

[11]Oct 26, 2006
    Well, Dahlia's supposed to be 20, so I think that makes her old enough. Besides, she's only a bit older than me, and I wouldn't mind Cortes.

Undrave

[12]Nov 23, 2006
    Plus she could be having a one sided thing for Cortez, where he doesn't return her feeling. That's always possible. Or maybe Cortez welcomed her as an orphan child and she looks up to him as a father figure. I hope we get to learn more about the pirates' pasts soon.

LightningFlash8

[13]Nov 23, 2006

She doesn't really seem to be pining over anyone, but then, Dahlia isn't really the type of person to pine at all. IMO, she's probably put romance on the backburner, at least until they've delt with the Sphere. The Rebellion seems to be her number one priority right now.

Agreed on the backstories for pirates thing.

Sagethorian

[14]Dec 11, 2006

There was this girl named Astrid who was the daughter of a guy named "Max" it was all in this episode I can't remember the name...anyway, Astrid and Mahad seemed like they were going to get together but then they left at the end of the episode...

Dahlia and Mahad will happen IMO. As far as I'm concerned, they kissed in "Eye of the Storm", it just about happened before Lana interrupted them. The fact that they would kiss each other (passionately it seemed like it would have been) proves that they have a loving affection for one another. It seems like a love/hate relationship, or they just don't want to show their true feelings for one another in front of other people e.g. Lana/Cortes. But alone they love each other.

LightningFlash8

[15]Dec 11, 2006

The episode was 'Life in Puerto Angel', French (and more commonly used) title 'Max'. 

We don't know that Max and Astrid left at the end of the episode, they may well have elected to stay on Puerto Angel and help out the rebellion. We don't see any more of them however.

Mahad has the tendency to flirt with almost any girl (notable exception being Diwan.) Dahlia cops it most because she's the girl who happens to be around Mahad the most, but she never reciprocates.

As for the Almost Kiss, well, she could have died kissing Mahad and thus giving him his final request, or she could have died sitting on her side of the ship, cold and scared. I think the kiss was, for her, more about 'togetherness' in those last moments than romance. Once she got back safely she seemed happy to pretend nothing had happened and continue on in a platonic relationship with Mahad.

Maybe she does have feelings for him, but right now I think they're very much suppressed under the need to defeat the Sphere and complete her mission.

While I'd love to see MaD, I think they're a fair way from official coupledom just now.

Edited on 12/11/2006 9:45pm

pisdofmogirl

[16]May 20, 2007
    Yeah, Mahad and Dahlia will get together (they both have an 'h' in their names, strategically placed) .........................and then Shoomday and Hanako will get together........everybody's happy

psycho_maniac

[17]May 20, 2007
    Dahlia's got an extra letter though... that must mean she's going to be unfaithful!

xxxx_Persephone

[18]May 24, 2007
    • level: 24
    Now, I haven't been watching Skyland very long, just maybe 3 times, but is Dahlia the girl who's got short, blonde hair? If so, I've only seen her for a brief moment at the beginning at an episode.

pisdofmogirl

[19]May 25, 2007

xxxx_Persephone wrote:
    Now, I haven't been watching Skyland very long, just maybe 3 times, but is Dahlia the girl who's got short, blonde hair? If so, I've only seen her for a brief moment at the beginning at an episode.

Yeah, that's her.....once you get to know her a little better, you'll find that she's also a little sarcastic......(she also has a cool weapon! It's a bow and arrow, but it looks like it's been patterned after a Star Wars light saber!! It rocks!!)

xxxx_Persephone

[20]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 24
    Wicked! Can't wait to see more of her! I haven't actually watched much TV of late, but tonight I'm gonna try and catch skyland