Skyland Forums

Saturday 12:00 AM on Nicktoons NetworksBetween Seasons

New Season of Skyland Premiering This Summer on Nicktoons Network

pisdofmogirl

[1]May 28, 2007
    • level: 5
    Hey, all.......just heard an announcement on Nicktoons Network that a new season of Skyland will premier this summer.........I think it will be June 9th, but if not, it should be after that.............L8R!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Terebi_chan

[2]May 30, 2007
    • level: 4

Well, good for them. I'll be sure to stay tuned...

NOT!!

You do know that they're showing the episodes out of order, right? In any event, it doesn't matter. The only way this show can find any resemption is in a DVD release, provided of course one happens.

Now if you'll excuse me, I really must be going. I don't have time for their self-important ideas on how to broadcast a foriegn (sp?) show.

I'm sorry if the above sounded rude, but I'm just being honest, and considering the way Nicktoons Network [mis]handled it, there's no time to be polite this time around. So, you'll just have to bear with me on this one. This is how I feel about it, and this is the best I can do. In this circumstance, I really can't do any better. Thanks for understanding.

pisdofmogirl

[3]May 30, 2007
    OK, whatever..........but just because they screwed up once, doesn't mean they'll do it twice.

psycho_maniac

[4]May 30, 2007
    It looks like Australia is going to end up getting some of the eps out of order too. I'm not sure yet, because I don't entirely trust the ABC tv guide. But it looks that way. It is a pain. At least we got the first bit of the season in the right order.

Problem is, they can do that (or at least think they can) because there's hardly any continuity between the eps between the season premiere and the season finale (what I've seen so far). It kind of looks like: they loose thier mum *insert ton of stuff happening whilst they look for mum here*, they find her again. I would find it a little more enjoyable if they had had them getting steadily closer to finding thier mother, with another few plotlines/characters devloping along at the same time. I don't know if this happens in later episodes though, so if I'm ranting about something they fix... meh, I'll take it back later.

At any rate, I'm not going to let a stupid television channel muck around with my enjoyment of an otherwise really enjoyable program. If it does, then I'll just tape them all and watch them in the proper order.

Terebi_chan

[5]May 31, 2007
    • level: 4
    pisdofmogirl wrote:
    OK, whatever..........but just because they screwed up once, doesn't mean they'll do it twice.

Sorry to shoot down your statement, but in their case, it can "mean they'll do it twice" (they eventually did it with The Secret Show).

@psycho_maniac: Actually, there is some continuity in the sense of character development, and referencing past events; this show is only half-episodic (I saw a little of it before discovering the truth about the episode order). In any event, it's irrelevent. It's not a justfication for ruining the Skyland "experience". Every story has a beginning, middle, and end. More importantly, there are people who "know the difference" (i.e., they likely showed the episodes out of order based, at least in part on the idea that the "target audience" wouldn't "know the difference"), and showing the episodes out of order is an insult to them (whether they know it or not, and whether they think so or not). This is something about the broadcasting industry that needs to change, but that's another story.

Look, the point is, my position remains unchanged. Unless there is a DVD release that has the episodes in their proper order, I'm having nothing to do with it. Although, I will admit, PM, that you do have a good idea about video taping it...

psycho_maniac

[6]May 31, 2007

I don't disagree with you on that point. It is insulting. And they shouldn't be messing around with it. I'm just saying that lack of continuity (whether complete, or just partial) is probably a reason they think they can. They're wrong, but they're still going to do it. I know I notice when continuitys been messed up in shows I hardly pay attention to. So really... don't see how they can think people are too stupid to notice. But they do.

The continuity is also one of the things in Skyland I think could use improvement. But then, there was at least three or four other things about it that irritated me when I started watching, and they've seemed to work through them. So I do hope continuity will get a bit better... whether thats going to stop the eps getting screwed around, I have no idea.

Anyway TC, I hope a DVD does come out and you get to enjoy it. Blank tapes are pretty cheap though.

Edited on 05/31/2007 7:59pm

Bloo_91

[7]Jun 3, 2007
    • level: 20
    Terebi_chan wrote:
    pisdofmogirl wrote:

Sorry to shoot down your statement, but in their case, it can "mean they'll do it twice" (they eventually did it with The Secret Show).

@psycho_maniac: Actually, there is some continuity in the sense of character development, and referencing past events; this show is only half-episodic (I saw a little of it before discovering the truth about the episode order). In any event, it's irrelevent. It's not a justfication for ruining the Skyland "experience". Every story has a beginning, middle, and end. More importantly, there are people who "know the difference" (i.e., they likely showed the episodes out of order based, at least in part on the idea that the "target audience" wouldn't "know the difference"), and showing the episodes out of order is an insult to them (whether they know it or not, and whether they think so or not). This is something about the broadcasting industry that needs to change, but that's another story.

Look, the point is, my position remains unchanged. Unless there is a DVD release that has the episodes in their proper order, I'm having nothing to do with it. Although, I will admit, PM, that you do have a good idea about video taping it...

They did with Kappa Mikey, too, I believe. Anyway, there's no need really to watch Skyland in order, because their episodes don't follow events from the previous ones, like Avatar does.

mgkchan

[8]Jun 16, 2007
    • level: 26

I think the only episodes of Skyland that can only be enjoyed in chronological order at the moment is the first two.