Sleeper Cell

Al-Faitha

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Dec 04, 2005 on Showtime

• Very good, Very Promising.

Ive only just now, got to see this, but this looks to be abother great program that promises, to keep you on the edge of your seat whilst watching, i hope that this does not take on too much of teh 24 charactristics, i cant think that it will as it is focused from the other side, from within a terrorist cell. I cant wait to see the next episode and i hope it is as good as the first. we know that they are planning strikes but i want to know where and what they are going to do to prevent further promblems within the cell
  • Begs comparison to "Wiseguy"- and survives!

The ads made it look like, and the first episode shows it to be, pretty much a remake of "Wiseguy". Good, we need more shows like that!

Time will tell how sympathetic the "terrorist" (should I say "martyr" or something? I doubt they'd call themselves terrorists) characters will turn out to be. Betraying them won't have much weight unless they really bond with our hero. (Again, see "Wiseguy".)

I'll be very interested to see how this plays out over the whole ten hours, but it's off to a good start. We're shown the basic mechanics of the operation and of the investigation. Our guy is in deep, and a Jack Bauer superhero show of force won't help him if things go wrong. He's got to use his head, and he seems like a really smart guy.

He's also a man of faith, moreso than the extremists he's working to take down, and I'm guessing that'll be a big conflict for him too.

I'm really looking forward to the rest of this, I'm just kind of annoyed SHO has decided to play out all the episodes over two weeks instead of giving it some more time. (Compare to "The Wire", for example.) Yeah, I guess I could record them and watch one a week, but I doubt that'll happen. I can hardly wait until tonight to see the next one!
  • Awesome!

Exciting premiere! I can not wait to see how the story will unravel!

The stoning of the traitor is rather harsh, but very realistic I think.

I like the gritty tone. And it being much less censored than a network television show is a very good thing :)

Roll on episode 2, I want to know what the big plan is!!!