A Sleepy Hollow Community
Friday 9:00 PM on FOX

A big thanks to Spoiler TV, where you can find a few more pictures from Season 2.

Ah! The purgatory house!

Icky to the rescue!

Jenny!! Weapons!!!

Dashing!

Interesting photo. It looks like Ichabod is confronting himself. Or it is a stunt double.

Is this our Benjamin Franklin?

Andy is back!!!!!

50 Comments
Comments (50)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I'm even more excited for season two!!
Flag
CHalk up another one!
Flag
A mixture of joy and sadness at all the tidbits revealed, although most of them I'm not surprised about. It's interesting they reveal Jenny to be alive (not surprising,) bloodied but still fighting, since it was brought up she might have been the one to travel to Purgatory to free Abbie.

It's ironic that the thing that torments you in purgatory, at least for Abbie, is the thing you once found comforting. I wonder if the false sense of safety made Abbie create a double Icky as a way to help keep Moloch at bay. I have a feeling Moloch might have created the double to manipulate abbie since he's probably a master at mind games, but its really hard to tell whats part of the story and whats just rehearsal. However, Ichabod's ashen face and turned body contrasted with Abbie's semi-resigned expression really suggests alot. Even more than Capt. Irving, we need to start a petition to Free Abbie NOW.

Trading Katrina's life for Abbie I think is really going to play on Icky's moral compass this season. Even if its temporary, one Witness letting the other Witness suffer can't feel good or like its part of the plan. Even if you do it for something like true love, what does that say about the kind of love you have?

As a firm Ichabbie shipper, I am most unhappy about the potential love interest for Abbie, but I see the writer's point. Abbie can't be seen as some love=sick puppy always trailing after Icky. She does need some private 'me' time to develop as a person outside of being a Witness. Also, I think Icky seeing Abbie with someone else will make him reflect deeper on his feelings for her, even if he doesn't admit it to himself. He did display, in Season 1, for someone recently released from stasis, a strong curiosity towards Abbie's 'betrothal' to Det. Morales. And that was from Ep. 2, if I remember correctly, so its not like Icky has always been brotherly towards her.

I wonder if his love for katrina isn't based on guilt for the things she suffered for him? I can see Ichabod having the kind of moral code where you are loyal to someone who suffers on your behalf, even if it means you don't really love them as much as you thought. How would Icky cope with the idea of taking Katrina away from Abraham, only to want to find a new life with someone else later? Would that make it harder for him to free Abbie if it meant putting Katrina back there?

And as for Ben Franklin: I always picture him rotund and balding. It reminds me more of John Noble than anything. Scroll up to see John Noble's face on a commentary preview and then scroll back down and tell me you don't see the resemblance?

You can't keep a dead necromancer down and John Cho, while not surprising, is welcome to see. He might be the most tragic of all the characters, considering the sacrifices and suffering he will endure before the end. yeah, he does have moral flaws but he's probably going to suffer more than anyone, including Moloch, and that simply isn't fair. He's not blameless but he's definitely not deserving what he's been given. Someone is going to have to redeem him before its over, probably by Abbie openly forgiving him and allowing him to move on. But that's far into the future so lets just be happy he's here now to chew up the scenery.

Three months never felt so long.
More+
Flag
Three months never felt so long.

No truer words.

Love all your insights here. As for the guess on the picture - just based it on the announcement Ben will play a role like Washington last year, he is in old timey garb which would belie an aged John Noble/Jeremy. My 1st thought was it was the newly revealed WAR - but Occam's Razor, looking at the outfit it is probably Ben or someone else from the Revolutionary War timeline. As much as I am dying for a glimpse of Dr. Bishop Jeremy.
Flag
Ben Franklin does make more sense, since I don't know why War would be out of his outfit and tinkering with old-fashioned gadgets, but I had to put it out there as the wild card. This show is both so timid and completely outrageous that its hard to know where to draw the line at sometimes. So even the wildest speculations aren't necessarily that far out in left field.

Its why I say this show is both so timid and, at the same time, completely outrageous. It will do something conventional and boring (like wasting great chemistry between two leads by trying to keep them as friends) and yet then turn around and makes Ichy's son the Second Horseman: War. Its like June Cleaver fronting a punk band on the side named Freshly Baked Cookies.
Flag
How long did we have to wait for Mulder and Scully? And after it finally happened - I wish it hadn't. YOu know - this bounty hunter Character could end up being a character we love and maybe wouldn't mind him with Abbie. We shall see.

We talked about this last season. I think Icky will be single at some point when he learns Katrina is the one pulling the strings in the background! Remember - sexy redheads are Satan's children! ;-p
Flag
I wasn't much into the X-Files but I did notice the strong chemistry between the two and was aware of the endless debate of will they/won't they. I'll have to find some way to find their hook-up episode to see what you are talking about. Their attraction really dragged out and I think in that case, it was a bit of too little, too late.

Again, its not as if I don't find Katrina attractive or anything. In many ways, I think falling in love does make Ichabod a better person. But its kind of like seeing the difference between someone training for the big fight and then seeing them in the ring at the actual fight. There is just so much of Ye Olde Father Knowest Best between the two that compared with Abbie, Katrina just feels diminished.

And I've seen mixed gender friendships that are just that on tv. Law and Order SVU is one of them. Benson and Stabler have each others backs but you KNOW its never at an intimate/relationship level, although I'm sure some viewers wish it would go there.

And I also get that Ichabod really isn't that far from his idea of being married (being married and injured one moment, waking up centuries later is basically like 5m of down time) so that he's very much in "I love my wife" mode. But as Abbie said: its a whole new day in America.

This show sometimes is at its best when Ichabod takes his old time memories and gets them rearranged by his 21st contemporaries. Abbie and Capt Irving schooling him on Thomas Jefferson, his insistence on letting the Freemasons admit Abbie into their club, Abbie makes Ichabod grow as a person more than Katrina ever did. For him to go back to Katrina is almost like some people who want to refuse evolution exists. And that kind of frozen thinking, and the injustice that goes with it, that's part of what he's supposed to Witness against. We are not just talking the apocalypse here, we are talking about the forces of stagnation vs the forces of progress and change.

Again, I really don't want Katrina to turn out to be a bad guy. Jeremy becoming War is going to play havoc with Ichabod as it is. I want him to evolve of his own accord, love, care and respect Katrina while moving towards his fuller self and sense of purpose with Abbie. That's the kind of an almighty plan I can get behind.
More +
Flag
Fantastic analogies.

If we got Ichabblie right away - we would feel cheated since we didn't have to work for it.
Flag
I really wish I had your optimism. So many tv shows that had so much chemistry and potential have really made me gun shy with regards to wasting it.

Don't get me wrong, though. The writers obviously have talent to have created as amazing a show as they have done. So its not like I think they can't do it, its more a question of will they. Part of me thinks they had an idea for how the show would proceed and never really counted on the chemistry between the two, so when you don't expect something to happen, you don't plan on making it work. However, there does seem to be hints at the show evolving, which kind of gives me hope. I do think they have written dialogue and scenes that might not have existed wtihout that chemistry.

The close=up of their holding hands during the season finale, for example. Why choose an intimate shot when a semi-wide shot would have worked just as easily, unless you wanted to make a point about their bond being extra close. So, I see the signs of Ichabbie taking shape in their mind, but whether or not it goes there is another question entirely.
More +
Flag
I love everything about this show ...i watched it for the third time this week after i saw some of those photos....im so excited to see Ichy and Abby...i love their friendship...it seemed so organic like two moths to a flame....and the return of my favorite necromancer....yea Andy!!!!! (John Cho has such a great smile i can look at him all day...let me rephrase...minus all the hanging flesh and bulbous head....lol) the countdown begins to see how "War" has changed Sleepy Hollow during our absence
Flag
It is hilarious... I went from scoffing at this premise to loving it so much I wrote the reviews for the finale. Consider me obsessed with the brilliance - especially of the chemistry of the leads. I could not agree with you more.

It has almost been like missing family all winter and summer.
Flag
during the summer and winter i entertain my other obssession....i love all dramas so i watch korean, taiwan, thailand, japan...and if there isnt anything that interests me I go back to ol' faithful.....MANGAS!!!!! such a weird woman i know....i;m a Ram...it cant be helped
Flag
Ach girl - nothin weird about it! I am the same way with favorite scifi. When I become frustrated with the shite on TV (we have been blessed with a really good 2013-14 season however) I go back to my Farscape! Or LOST. Or Firefly. I have been having a blast reviewing Farscape as if it is just airing!

Farscape Watchback
Flag
LOST....that word brings back memories of obssession that was not very healthy for me... sitting around the cafeteria arguing about if the should just let the clock not reset,..how the hell Jin learned english so fast and what the hell the dharma got the money to set up a camp in the middle of nowhere...oh so many headaches...
Flag
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I can't wait.
Flag
Did that sound more like a

"SQUeeeeeeeeee" ??
Flag
It more like this

than this when I remember how this show gives me some holly crap moments.

Flag
The dean scream always the best.

Flag
Jenny + weapons = sexy fun danger time!

I can't fooking wait for Season 2!
Flag
To tide you over:

Flag
Just marathoned Season 1 in two days, and now i'm stuck with a massive wait. I was surprised by how much I loved this show. There were so many loose ends, and things that straight up don't make sense, but it's an all round good time to watch. I could also listen to Tom Mison talk ALLLL day
Flag
Tobias, are you still and Analyst and a Therapist? An Analrapist?

On 1st viewing you think there are plot threads ...but on a rewatch - they actually did an awesome job of connecting everything. YOu have to [ay attention and the pace is so fast it is hard sometimes. I had a couple "ah-ha" moments when i watched it again.

Mison just NAILS that role.
Flag
Am I the only one who noticed the drawing in the second picture? It kind of looks like it's a portal on the outside of the house or something.
Flag
The house reminds me of the playhouse at the end of season 1. If so then it's suppose to be a drawing of the portal. (In fact most of these shots could just as easily come from season 1.) That would suggest we're revisiting the Land of the Dead but whether it's just for the season premiere or throughout the season is yet to be seen.
Flag
I think they have said Abby will still be stuck when season 2 opens. Icky has to unbury himself and save her.
Flag
If I am not mistaken, that is pretty close to the portal they came thorough. Abby has had some free time, apparently.

Flag
Cant wait for more modern appliances critics from ichabod crane. wonder what he'll says about twitter
Flag
LOOOOOOOL, me to i am looking forward for the next season...
Flag
With it going to 16 episodes - I am a little worried about the crazy pace being possible as it was in season 1. They sound like they are overflowing with ideas. They do have the whole American Revolution and Book of revelation to work from. Maybe they can do a crossover with AMC's TURN ;-p
Flag
I am waiting for him to reference a "twit"
Flag
Poor goldfish being so maligned ;-)
Flag
Very nice avatar!
I assume staff will review this one now, so I will be relieved of my duties.

Maybe I'll do GIF Parties like I am doing for 24
Flag
Woo hoo Andy! Do you think think him and Abby will hook up this season? Tee hee! Argh seeing pictures makes me realize how much I miss it and how I impatiently await September. *Sigh*
Flag
I think the Abibod shippers want to have a word with you.
Flag
It's Ichabbie, not Abibod, and yes, yes we would ;)
Flag
LOL.

Get her!

I just read on io9 they have cast a bounty hunter that will be a love interest for Abbie. Better prepare yourself!

io9 Morning Spoilers

Sleepy Hollow

Sakinaa Jaffey (House of Cards) will be recurring as Sleepy Hollow's new sheriff, Leena Reyes. Reyes is described as being "smart, forceful, highly trained and commanding" but also far more antagonistic to Abbie and Ichabod than Frank Irving was.
Also joining the cast is Matt Barr (One Tree Hill), who will play bounty hunter Nick Hawley. Hawley shows up to help the team on a case and is "a loner whose education is masked by a rough-and-tumble demeanor." Could Hawley be the love interest for Abbie that the creators have hinted is coming this season? [Bustle]

Flag
I am an Ichabbie fan from day one...but the way he talks about Katrina, Abby is gonna have to pole dancing in a quaker outfit is she wants any "sexual healing" this season....but I will survive if I am given some long, yearning glances, hands that accidently touch causing a rise in body temp, hugs that last a little too long, and moments of looking at the moon with sapping music playing and a montage of moments fading across the screen....okay maybe I am getting a little carried away..they do have to save the world
Flag
I suppose this is acceptable as Ichabod will remain unavailable as long as Katrina is in the picture (and they are pretty badass as a couple).
Flag
I'm sure they would. ;)
Flag
LOL

Or string you up in a tree like Katrina and Icky
Flag
Rut of replies up top:

@NickyDierx and @cocodiva

I am convinced Katrina will end up being the brains behind the whole scheme with Moloch. If you think about it - she has been in perfect position to manipulate all the male leads (Abraham/Death Jeremy/War and Ichabod). I would not be surprised if we find out she is pulling the strings.

And than opening that door to Ichabbie
Flag
Cool that Andy's back but it'll be interesting to see how a Barbie-doll-house is supposed to scare me...
But SH, to me, was always more about fun and surprise than scares and shocks.
Flag
More creep than scare I think. It was Abby and Jenny's safe place - now her prison in purgatory. I imagine they will up the creep factor.

Flag
You're right, SH was ever more creepy, and faceless always give me the creeps...
Flag
*shudders* that faceless thing is creeptastic!
Flag
can't wait for season 2!!!
Flag
No kidding! Just seeing that house again chills me.

Love seeing Icky in costume!
Flag
A large version of a kiddies playhouse shouldn't be creepy, but by God it is!
Flag
The brilliance of the show!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members