A Sleepy Hollow Community
Friday 9:00 PM on FOX
Many viewers are wondering why Ichabod is sticking to his late 18th century garments. So here's the question: how would you like to see him dress? A polo shirt from Abercrombie & Fitch? J Crew's 2013-14 winter collection? A crisp, expensive suit? Should he rock a Jesus look by keeping his hair and beard but adding sandals and a robe?

Personally I would like to see him and Abbie in a shopping montage in which he hops in and out of changing rooms to Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Want to Have Fun". Finally he would settle for his interpretation of what looks good in our time, like a child raiding the closet of his parent; a really colourful Hawaiian shirt, skinny jeans, shiny loafers (no socks, of course) and maybe a beanie, depending on the weather.
Comments (26)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is completely grossed out by Ichabod's never changing, 250 year old attire. I can't even imagine how badly he smells at this point, but no one seems to notice. One of the side effects of living in a possessed town must be losing their sense of smell.

I personally would LOVE a makeover montage, complete with Hawaiian shirt and sandals with socks. It would be hilarious and adorable at the same time. Ultimately though, I'd like him to keep the same silhouette, while updating his wardrobe. Dark trousers, a nicely fitted button down shirt, and a pea coat would be wonderful. He'd keep that attractive, old world, British Professor look, without the pungent odor of possibly decaying material.
Flag
Outside of their age, and a certain archaic styling, what exactly is Ichabod wearing that is any different from Captain Irving? Look at the background of this page: Irving on the left side, Ichabod on the right. Look at what each one is wearing: jacket, check. Long sleeve, fastened shirt, check. Trousers, check. Footwear, check. Again, outside of the archaic styling, its not like Ichabod is wearing a powdered wig and brocaded shirts. Adapting his wardrobe to a more modern style, while honoring the spirit of his past, is more than doable.

Matte black, all-weather trench coat, long sleeve, button down shirt, (pocket-less of course) or long-sleeve pullover henley, casual dark grey/black pants with simple leather belt. The only deviation might be the footwear. Knee-length riding boots are no longer needed so he could go with History Professor Oxfords (in keeping with his cover) or he could go with mid calf or motorcycle boots (worn underneath his pants) as a modern update. Dress him in that, it would be a modern take on his 18th century outfit. His style is alot more universal than most people recognize
Flag
"Extreme Makeover: Ichabod Crane Edition"

LMAO. if anyone could use a makeover crane certainly can!
Flag
What bothers me a little is that he was buried in those clothes for nearly 250 years and they show almost no signs of deterioration. They must have been magically preserved by his wife-witch too. And he may have showered, with some minor success, but have they dry-cleaned his get-up? What did he wear in the meantime? A towel? If he didn't, his clothes should be getting pretty ripe by now. Fashion aside, have mercy with the hygiene!

That said, if he's going to be working with law enforcement, don't you think they'd want him to look a little less like someone who just escaped a Revolutionary War reenactment?
Flag
What really bothers me is that Crane himself was buried for 250 years and his body shows no sign of decay.

If he's like the witch or Andy, his body should show a sign related to the trauma of his death. Since even his beard is intact, I can only assume the same happened to his clothes (and he is not like Andy).
Flag
The funny thing is the writers have just let it go. Nobody even cracks on it.Not the captain or even the Abby ex-boyfriend/cop(that they are forcing on us by the way). (Sidebar)* The ex boyfriend character could be a cool character on this show.( kinda of a Xander/tech geek) maybe he had personal beef with the John Cho character?) but we have NO character development from him so far.( Sidebar over) I hope he wears his duds for the entire first season getting destroyed in the season finale..forcing him to go Sleepy Hollow Plaza...
Flag
It's like you've read my mind - I was thinking just that watching the latest episode, even the make-over montage. It's high time for Ichabod to visit a mall and I think he'd like one of those military inspired jackets with lots of buttons, which could work without straying too far from the original look. Also, I suspect he might try on a lovely ruffle shirt from the female section before being told that men no longer wear those. Or he could just go full-on hipster, he's already got the hair and the beard, all that's missing are some plaid shirts and skinny jeans (by which he might actually be confused, since I suspect gentlemen in his time preferred a loser fit). Also, like a true hipster, he might even prefer a thrift store, because if he was shocked by the price of donuts and coffee, just imagine the rant he'd go on after seeing the price tags on those new clothes. And I now realize I've put way too much thought into this.
Flag
I think they are still establishing his character if he is dressed in 18th century garb it makes it more plausible. but sometime soon he must make the transition, say in the next couple of episodes!
Flag
Yes, it is time to take Ichabod shopping for some clothes, and a trim of bread and hair; and it would be fun to see him browse and decide on a look. Hopefully not a suit and tie. But please, do something with Abigale's hair. Get rid of the wig/weave. It looks like a horse tail on her head.
Flag
NO!! The hair and beard stay!! They are perfect. Not that I'm shallow or anything.
Flag
I didn't say cut them off I said trim them . He should definitely keep his hair long; sometimes a ponytail sometimes not. Bread needs a little manicuring; just a trim.

Flag
I know what you're saying, but I love the typo. EDIT BUTTON
Flag
He raids the tombs of others to widen his Washington Wardrobe, and surprize surprize he finds a hat to match! :)
Flag
I think this seems like a matter of time - there will be a changing clothes scene at some point, right? But when?

Poll

Flag
long sleeve polo shirt untucked, or just a long sleeve shirt with 6 buttons or a v neck, belt, jeans, boots, and his original coat or a new suede long coat. keep his long hair and beard, its what makes him from the 1800!

one, he's comfortable with his clothes. two, he has no modern currency! why not lady cop buy him some? theyre not that close yet.
Flag
One thing to keep in mind is that Ichabod is an 18th century man: he'll never accept clothes bought to him by a woman, he'll always take the initiative when it comes to courting, he'll never stop leading any dance he ever attends to, etc.
Flag
He looks great just the way he is
Flag
I really don't understand why this annoys people! I think he looks perfect! He should be taken to a tailor so he can have new costumes mind (as in spare clean clothes) But that's it!
Flag
I don't know what style of modern clothing he should eventually embrace, his current look works so well for him.

I do know that if he thought doughnut holes were expensive, well, let's just say I'd love to see his reaction to the price of a pair of designer jeans or an expensive suit...

Either way, the poor guy needs some disposable income sometime soon. I don't think a small town police force will support him indefinitely, and I doubt the motel will let him stay for free.
Flag
Period clothing or shirtless! (I'll take no substitutes).
Flag
Follow this Show
Members