A Sleepy Hollow Community
Friday 9:00 PM on FOX
Sleepy Hollow is back ya'll! Boy have I missed this show, it's utterly ludicrous and ridiculous in all the right ways. Let's get started this week with a bit of a discussion about Abbie. I know that there are a lot of Abbie fans out there and quite a few Ichabbie shippers, but I have been struggling since Day 1 to like her character. I felt like the writers had started to right the ship a little bit in making her character feel like somebody I want to root for in the last two episodes, but this week was a case of one step forward, two steps backward for me.

It all started at the beginning of the episode where Abbie and Ichabod were spending some quality time together. Naturally, Abbie was haranguing the umpire, because we were back to:

What does Crappie mean, I hear you asking. Well when Abbie forgets that I am supposed to be on her side and like her character and acts like this:

I have decided to treat her like someone with a split personality disorder. In this case the Abbie that I absolutely despise has earned the nickname Crappie (Abbie + crappy = ). I mean just look at Ichabod throwing her the massive side-eye. Anyway, I really needed to get that rant out - thanks for bearing with me. Abbie filled in Ichabod on the rules of baseball and why she loved it - oh and also how it represented democracy, liberty, freedom, equality, etc. basically everything Ichabod stands for:

I also know that many of you love to keep track of what Ichabod learns each week. Unfortunately Crappie was at the helm as Ichabod's teacher this week and aside from baseball (which okay, not a terrible lesson), there was this:

Ichabod was beginning to feel at home in the present day, which made Abbie feel all warm inside. Ichabod even felt like he knew how to get home. However, he decided to make a stop first.

When something unexpected happened:

Ichabod was tranked! By some shady characters. While Abbie was driving home from her fun day out with Ichabod she had an out of body experience. She awoke in a dream house that seemed more like a nightmare than anything else:

Anyway in this dream place Abbie was chased by the Headless Horseman until she locked herself in a room and he disappeared. However, Abbie was not alone:

Katrina told Abbie that this was the house that she and Ichabod had shared. Abbie was not impressed:

Anyway, apparently this was the only place Katrina could talk to the witness, because:

Also she had some important news:

It was all going to be okay because Katrina knew everything that Abbie would need to do including how to find a Sin-Eater. She was even going tell Abbie step by step how to do it:

When Abbie returned to her body, she was run off the road which meant:

Back in the real world Abbie needed to talk to Captain Orlando about getting some resources to track down Ichabod:

The overall breakdown was this - Abbie needed to track down a Sin Eater to destroy the link between Ichabod and Death that had been created when their blood mixed on the field of battle. The Sin Eater would also know how to find Ichabod. Then Good Abbie (let's think of a good nickname for her folks) returned and made a smart call and asked Captain Orlando if she could borrow Jenny from the insane asylum for the day.

Then we started in with the ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC guest star montage with the man who had captured Ichabod:

Prince Eric was playing a descendant of one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence and leader of a group of Freemasons this week. Ichabod easily deduced all of this because apparently:

Prince Eric has a journal left by Katrina that the Freemasons were going to use to deduce whether or not Ichabod was truly Ichabod or a demon in disguise leading to a series of flashbacks as we learned some more about Ichabod's past and his relationship with Arthur Bernard. Arthur Bernard was a freed slave who was suspected of being behind some revolutionary propaganda which raised the ire of the English.

Then we were treated to surprise guest star #2 as the HBIC or in this case the Head British In Charge:

Ichabod was put in charge of interrogating/torturing Arthur, but he was rudely interrupted by a local nurse who demanded to treat Arthur's wounds:

It was Katrina! Katrina started in on Ichabod about being a terrible person, but then caught him giving the evil HBIC some side eye and came to a conclusion that was echoed by Arthur:

Abbie and Jenny were hanging out in the Ichabode talking about Sin-Eaters who consumed another person's sins thereby sanctifying them. Jenny had tracked one for a while who had been sanctifying death row inmates, but he had dropped off the grid two years earlier.

Back in the flashback world Arthur wasn't doing too hot, but he had already decided that he was going all in on Ichabod being his friend, so he filled him in on the actual situation:

Naturally Ichabod shrugged it off like it was just nonsense. However, the next day he witnessed an execution of three traitors against the English and glanced over at the HBIC and saw this:

The HBIC was a demon! Now Ichabod was truly conflicted. He met Katrina down by a lake where they both shared the feeling that they had known each other forever (super heart melty moment as opposed to corny). I quite enjoyed it. Then Ichabod dropped the bomb that he thought that he had seen a demon, which Katrina took in stride because she was in the know and was pretty sure that Ichabod was special (because he was a GRIMM of course):

Back in the present day, Abbie was explaining to Jenny why she was so worked up about Ichabod being lost:

More revisionist history from Crappie about her past with Jenny, but I was okay with Good Abbie needing an anchor in the form of Ichabod to steady herself. Abbie and Jenny then pulled it together and tracked down the Sin Eater who was played by our THIRD STAR - John Noble.

The Sin Eater had stopped working because he felt like he was at the tipping point where if he had continued he would have lost himself amongst the memories/sins of all the people that he had helped. Abbie and Jenny were none too pleased about this and eventually guilted him into at least helping them locate Ichabod if not save him.

Back in flashback land, Ichabod was feeling extremely conflicted about his next course of action. Especially when HBIC gave him a gun and told him to execute Arthur.

It was more or less the last straw for Ichabod as he decided to let Arthur go instead:

Unfortunately for Arthur and Ichabod, the HBIC had followed them and killed Arthur. After Ichabod attempted to kill the HBIC, it revealed it's true nature.

Ichabod managed to escape, somewhat worse for wear. In the end he managed to find Katrina.

Back in the present day the Freemasons accepted Ichabod's story and acknowledged him as one of their elders.

The Freemasons presented the matter at hand like this. Death was due to rise at sunset, however, if Ichabod died then so would Death because of their blood link (which was their original plan in the 1700s before Katrina hid his body). Essentially if Ichabod died this might all be over. It seemed reasonable enough to me.

However, while Ichabod was pretty calm and admitted that in the overall big picture his life in exchange for everyone else's was a pretty good deal and that he was at peace with that, Abbie was not. At least initially, but then a miracle happened:

Labbie - Like/Love Abbie - okay that is terrible. Please help me out. Ichabod agreed with my assessment.

Abbie and Ichabod essentially had a heart warming goodbye where they both recognized what they meant to each other over the last few weeks. Then things got super confusing. The Sin Eater returned and help save Ichabod's life:

Essentially in order to destroy the link between Ichabod and Death, Ichabod had to be rid of his sins. As we had learned in the flashbacks this week, Ichabod's primary sin was based around his guilt over Arthur's death. In order to move on from this he had to talk to Arthur:

Essentially Arthur was okay with how things went down, viewing himself as Ichabod's salvation. The Sin Eater was able to sanctify Ichabod and sever his connection to Death. Which is where I got super confused. If Ichabod had died, Death would have also died and essentially all the End of Days stuff would have ended. Instead, Ichabod lives and now every person that dies from this day forth during the End of Days essentially would have lived if Ichabod had died. So now pretty much everything bad thing that happens is basically Ichabod's fault. They did not do a good job explaining how this was not all going to be Ichabod's fault. All it would have taken was a simple - oh if you had died it wouldn't have done anything (which would have come from the Sin Eater - and thus been the reason why the Sin Eater showed up to save him). But, nope instead we are left with a story where our Hero being alive should bear the weight of every death that occurs henceforth.

In the end Death made his triumphant return and began to hunt down Ichabod.

Remember in Week 2 when we had that super lame procedural story about the witch they killed in 30 seconds? This is better right?

What should we call the good/likeable version of Abbie?

Do you agree with my assessment that everyone who dies from here on out only dies because Ichabod lived? (according to the current set of rules laid out in the show)

Do you understand the rules by which Katrina can talk to Abbie and Ichabod?

Why does Captain Orlando let a crazy lady run his police department?

For you shippers out there, are you on board with Katrinabod or are you still hoping for a future with Ichabbie?

When will Ichabod make a present day male friend?

Where was Abbie's ex and his Hessian friend this week?

Will Prince Eric, the Freemason, the HBIC, or the Sin Eater make a repeat appearance?

What did you think of this week's episode?

n
54 Comments
Comments (54)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I love Abbie, and I thought the baseball scene worked. I don't really see baseball as the metaphor for all things good the way that Abbie does, but different strokes. I'm totally team IchAbbie, so I do hope she gets out of purgatory soon!
Flag
Late to this review but I had to mention something. We all know that the four horsemen plus Moloch need to be defeated in order to chalk up the Big Win. However, wouldn't that require the efforts of both Witnesses? To me, the gaping logic hole in this episode is how Ichabod's sacrifice to kill Death somehow negates the effect of either Moloch or the other three horsemen? In other words, Ichabod bails now, Abbie is left to deal with the other three and Moloch by himself (does anyone seriously believe losing one would put a crimp in his plans?)

And since we all know Moloch can create the Horsemen, would Ichabod dying with Death actually prevent him from raising someone else? What happens if Ichabod dies and Moloch makes a different horseman (John Cho, please put your hand down?) Would Luke trade his soul to have his chance at Abbie? I honestly think the reason the horsemen are ideas is that they can be embodied by anyone, and therefore the only way to truly stop them is for the Witnesses to take out Moloch himself, their creator/designator. If they sacrifice for anything less, they risk losing the game. So no, Ichabod isn't responsible for the people who die from here on out unless you balance it out against all the people he saves by being alive as well.

As for entire Crappie argument, I don't see it. Yelling at an umpire if they screw up a call is hardly something to hang the a-hole label on. Besides, aren't they supposed to be Witnesses to injustice, pointing out all the crap people are supposed to be doing wrong? You can't do that with a sign and a kind word. The episode "The Lesser Key..." (I think) with the foster lady with the new car in the front yard...that's what a true a-hole looks like. Seriously, Abbie has a ways to go to step up to the big leagues in that department.

As for Ichabod's friendships, I honestly think Capt Irving is going to become his new Arthur Bernard. They both respect each others abilities, Ichabod understands the journey the Capt. will take from doubt to belief probably better than anyone else and the fact that they will both probably pull their butts out of the fire more times than either one can count will cement their bond as much as it does with him and Abbie and Jenny. It's also why I think the Capt. will hook up with Jenny eventually. She will understand and experience things with the Capt that no one, not even his wife, will understand or accept. Just like the wife felt 'abandoned' by the Capt. because of his police work, his supernatural demon-fighting work will be the last straw to seperate them, leaving the door open for him and Jenny to bond.

To me, the Witnesses aren't just here to defeat Moloch, they are here to promote the good: give comfort, promote courage, inspire romance, heal suffering. The people who choose to side with them benefit from their influence, even if they never know that is what is happening.
More+
Flag
A little late, but I'm catching up with this show, I don't think that Ichabod should have died, he is a witness and he has to save katrina (even if I don't like it) and he is the star of the show
Flag
I love Abbie! She is a smart, open minded , young woman. Abbie goes out of her way to help Ichabod adjust to life in the 21st century. I really do not understand how people can really hate her, she's amazing!
Flag
I am definitely rooting for Ichabbie...I can't help it as much as I am totally down with monogamy he can't be expected to completely ignore his feelings with her being gone. Yes she's stuck in limbo or whatever the case may be but she WAS burned at the stake...even if she did come back I don't think she'd be anything more then a ghost, he can't get with that...and let's not forget he's missed out LIVING the rest of his days...give the man a break!

I liked this episode and the scene when Abbie was pleading with him to not take the poison, definitely made me tear up good job Abbie first time I honestly felt like you gave a damn!

Very much looking forward to how they take down Death!

PS
-Am I the only one who saw "Prince Eric" as Franklin from True Blood before anything else? I am... :(
-Also WHY is he still in colonial garb? Major props to the costume department and I know that's what he's comfortable in but seriously...why grab unwanted attention??
Flag
Loved the photo commentaries. John Noble on the show is always a good thing. I didn't think he'd show up this soon after the break, but loved his performance on Fringe. As for Capt Orlando, I get the feeling he's like the Broyles of the show: he knows much more than he's letting on and letting Abbie do what she needs to do. My guess is the freemasons will be sorta like Massive Dynamic in assisting through various means.
Flag
Team Ichabbie!

Flag
Random thoughts:

1. I love how Ichabod handles new things. He starts by saying "WTF, y'all." Then someone explains it to him. He thinks for a second, and then embraces the new thing 100%. Like the lie detector in the pilot. So fun to watch.

2. That baby carriage was the creepiest thing ever.

3. Anyone else bothered by Arthur's wig? It seemed to fit so badly that I was reminded of SNL. Seriously, was the costume department out of his size?

4. I too love John Noble for his work on Fringe. But this part seemed almost identical to Walter Bishop in costume, verbal mannerisms, etc. I wish he had been a little more distinct.
Flag
That baby carriage was the creepiest thing ever.

-
Agreed. Also what was up with the Washington doll in the noose.

Anyone else bothered by Arthur's wig?

-You are not alone

I too love John Noble for his work on Fringe. But this part seemed almost identical to Walter Bishop in costume, verbal mannerisms, etc. I wish he had been a little more distinct.

-I agree, it was difficult to separate Walter from Sin Eater. Hopefully, if the Sin Eater is fleshed out a bit more we will have ourselves another fantastic John Noble product.
Flag
Your photo review is the B.E.S.T. Loved the crossovers to Grimm (Prince Eric!) and Fringe in particular and all the shipper ironic (right?) commentary...
I agree I wanted to shoot Abbie at the baseball scene which was pretty dumb but it was just first day jitters right?
Anyway the rest of the ep was awesome though the flashbacks for some reason reminded me of Pirates of the Caribbean...
And yeah, Ichabod needs his own Monroe to go and have a bromance with...
Flag
In the scene where Ichabod is deducing about who has captured him, I seriously and honestly became confused about what show I was watching. Prince Eric from Grimm is interrogation him. Then Ichabod begins to sound like Johnny Lee Miller from Elementary with the rapid deduction.

If I had to say there was a rule by which to categorize Katrina"s ability to communicate with Ichabod and Abbie, it would be that spirits can communicate with anyone through dreams. This is my belief. However, there are things and actions that can block spirits (such as white light which keeps away dark spirits aka demons), which explains why the Freemasons set up "charms" and the like in their lair. However, in an effort to keep away demons, they also blocked Katrina.

I believe that Captain Irving's choice to give Abby so much leeway in her investigations has to do with his true reasons for being in Sleepy Hollow. For goodness sake, the man's last name is Irving, as in Washington Irving, the author of the story. Is intentions will come out soon enough.

I try not to "ship" if at all possible, but I am soooo shipping Ichabbie that it's ridiculous.

Since Prince Eric is supposedly dead on Grimm, he will likely return. John Noble is already confirmed to return.
More+
Flag
For goodness sake, the man's last name is Irving, as in Washington Irving, the author of the story. Is intentions will come out soon enough.

-
Nice catch, I was did not make that connection. Definitely something to think about.
Flag
i wonder why ichabod is still wearing his old costume :/
when he is gonna wear normal clothes !!
Flag
"What should we call the good/likeable version of Abbie?" Er..."Abbie-normal"?
Flag
Or Ab-normal ;)
Flag
'Ichabode'

You have my utmost admiration and respect for coining the above awesomeness good sir.
Flag
Remember in Week 2 when we had that super lame procedural story about the witch they killed in 30 seconds? This is better right?
  • Yes this is better but the shows mythology is still all over the place. Although I do like the serialised structure much more then procedural stand-alones.

What should we call the good/likeable version of Abbie?
  • Gabbie? Her mouth is kind of gabby so that might work.
Do you agree with my assessment that everyone who dies from here on out only dies because Ichabod lived? (according to the current set of rules laid out in the show)
  • Yes!
  • Yes but it's all very underwhelming.
Why does Captain Orlando let a crazy lady run his police department?
  • Because he's up to something shady. Unless he just likes a lot of coffee breaks.
For you shippers out there, are you on board with Katrinabod or are you still hoping for a future with Ichabbie?
  • Never Ichabbie but don't know about Katrinabod either. The show hitting us over the head with the "romance" doesn't help. It's all too soon. This isn't the CW.
When will Ichabod make a present day male friend?
  • Hopefully soon. "The Sin Eater" (lol at that name forever) should be his male friend.
Where was Abbie's ex and his Hessian friend this week?
  • Hopefully Abbie's ex was fired from the show never to return again. His Hessian friend will make a return next week.
Will Prince Eric, the Freemason, the HBIC, or the Sin Eater make a repeat appearance?
  • Yes, no and Yes please.
  • This show has the potential and should be a lot better. But this week I give it a 6/10 John Noble's talent wasn't really used. His character was very poorly written. Still a great actor though. I just wish they gave him better material.
More+
Flag
  • Yes!
-Whew, okay glad I'm not alone on this little bit of plot logic.

• Yes but it's all very underwhelming.
-Can you please explain it to me? One week she can pull Ichabod into dreamworld in the woods. The next she can appear to him in a dream. Then for several weeks she can't appear at all. Then she can force Abbie into a waking hallucination in her and Ichabod's old home.

This isn't the CW

-
I never thought I would say this, but the CW is actually putting out some extremely entertaining television at the moment. I'm on board with five shows on that network.

• This show has the potential and should be a lot better. But this week I give it a 6/10 John Noble's talent wasn't really used. His character was very poorly written. Still a great actor though. I just wish they gave him better material.
-Fair enough

More +
Flag
"-Can you please explain it to me? One week she can pull Ichabod into dreamworld in the woods. The next she can appear to him in a dream. Then for several weeks she can't appear at all. Then she can force Abbie into a waking hallucination in her and Ichabod's old home."

Yep it's all over the place and right now it just seems to be a plot coupon that they throw in whenever they need it. With zero logic.
I'm willing to give it a bit more time though but everything on the show right now seems wishy-washy. But we can hope, right?
Flag
Well I've clearly been reading the wrong reviews for this show! What is wrong with me? THIS is where it's at! Go theguylafayette!
This show is ridiculous and this is how it should be reviewed! Well done and I'll be coming back.
Ok, I am definitely not Team Abbie - ever. She's just a character I can't get behind so as far as a name for good Abbie? GABBIE!? Actually she's never good in my opinion but there's definitely moments when she's less annoying then others (off screen. Lol) So maybe something like "Okabbie" as in ok-Abbie. Yep that's terrible too. I'll get back to you. We'll "put a pin in it for now".

Thank you for the Fringe throwbacks. I love John Noble but I have to say I was a little underwhelmed with how they introduced his character. He was still great but they should give him better material in future episodes. He should be Ichobods male friend!
I continue to like Jenny. She's just a much better character then Abbie. She's basically Abbie-gone-right. I wish they'd trade places and give Jenny the lead but I know it'll never happen.
I don't ship Abbie and Ichobod in any way. I like understated sexual tension and there's none here. Just Abbie drooling over Ichobod, which is beyond off putting.
Maybe I'd ship Ichobod and Katrina but so far I'm getting hit on the head with too much Abbie & Ichobod so I'm all out of shipping energy when it comes to this show.
Ichobod is still a really likeable character.
Nice review, see you next week. :-)
More+
Flag
I love John Noble but I have to say I was a little underwhelmed with how they introduced his character. He was still great but they should give him better material in future episodes.

-
Agreed, he didn't get much screen time to really develop that character.

He should be Ichobods male friend!

-If it meant keeping John Noble around I would agree, but the Sin Eater character feels more like someone who has been damaged that needs help repairing himself so that he can move on with his life. I think Ichabod could really use a male bestie more in the mold of Felix (Orphan Black), Nolan (Revenge), or Stiles (Teen Wolf) to name a few. Actually, Ichabod serves fairly well as the comic relief, this might be another "put a pin in it for now" situation.

I continue to like Jenny. She's just a much better character then Abbie. She's basically Abbie-gone-right. I wish they'd trade places and give Jenny the lead but I know it'll never happen.

-As we stand at this moment I completely agree. However, I feel like we are in the minority as a lot of the ardent fans really favor Abbie. I am holding out hope that Gabbie will take over in place of Crappie and that I can join that bandwagon.
More +
Flag
I agree on everything you mentioned regarding John Noble/The Sin Eater.
*puts a pin in it.*
Yeah, we definitely are the minority when it comes to Crappie. :-/
However, a lot of lead female characters (I'm not being sexist ppl so don't even go there) take a bit of time to get used to as it usually takes the writers a while to properly develop them. Or we the audience tend to judge them very quickly. So yes, I too hope that Gabbie can deliver.
I love you for mentioning Felix & Nolan <3 They are the best!
I don't watch Teen Wolf so I don't know the third guy.
Flag
Speaking of Jenny, why is she still not in the credit sequence. It continues to boggle the mind.
Flag
Yeah, what's up with that?
Flag
What's the Crane and Abbie ship called? Crabbie? I hope not. It makes me itch just thinking about it.
Flag
I think the generally accepted term is Ichabbie
Flag
WONDERFUL THING ABOUT THIS RECAP IS THAT "theguylafayette" IS A 'GRIMM' & 'FRINGE' FAN (TWO OF MY BEST TV SHOWS).. I WAS SO HAPPY TO SEE JOHN NOBLE (WALTER BISHOP)... I "YAAAYY"ed SO LOUD & GOT BLASTED BY MY MOM ;) .. ALL HAIL JOHN NOBLE FOR HE'S ONE OF THE BEST ACTORS OF ALL TIME.. !!!
Flag
Don't forget that he's a Legend of the seeker fan too =)
Flag
So Chess from "the Cape" became a Freemason? Ok. (I'm sorry, but I can't see James Frain as anything other than the hammy supervillain from the incredibly stupid yet oddly entertaining and now canceled show "The Cape." ) It's incredible how restrained he is here, since the last show I saw him in he was an axe crazy murderer.

FINALLY "Steve" comes back. I can understand the rationale behind the freemasons wanting Ike dead to prevent Steve from coming back, but there are some flaws in the plan even if it worked. Killing Ichabod would essentially leave Abbie and Jenny to fend for themselves. Moloch may not be able to jumpstart the full fledged Apocalypse without Steve, but he can summon the other two Horsemen, Famine and War, and do quite a bit of damage, and without Ike's knowledge of the Four Horsemen, Abbie and Jenny are pretty much screwed. And Heaven help them if they fight Moloch himself... though with these incredibly weak monsters of the week I'm betting Moloch could be defeated by smacking him upside the head.

I still don't think Abbie and Ike have a romantic relationship in the works. Abbie cares about him, no doubt, but I would like to think its a brother-sister relationship. Ichabod is MARRIED, and this episode was pretty much "How I Met My Witch Wife." The two of them are very much still in love, and I'm sure Abbie respects that. Jenny, on the other hand...

I do not know why so many people are fan-drooling over John Nobel. I saw him in the Lord of the Rings, but other than that I don't see anything particularly awesome about this guy.

Why is Captain Orlando saying he's skeptic but still giving Abbie leeway to do whatever the Hell she wants. He seems to be VERY indulgent to her and Ichabod, way more than he should be. Why is that?

So many questions, but I'm looking forward to Ike vs Steve Round 3 next week.
More+
Flag
Fan drooling for John Noble comes primarily from his fantastic work on Fringe
Flag
The Freemason leader played David Robert Jones's lawyer in Season 1 of Fringe.
Flag
I think Abbie makes sense for a child that grew up in the system. Unlike other TV characters, Abbie doesn't repeat how hard it was up until the character sounds like a broken record, it shows.

In her issues, her ex, her sister, even her mentor: Abbie doesn't do trust which is how it took some time for her to trusts her guts or her Ichabod. I'd say Katrina must be doing something right for Abbie to trust her info immediately.
Flag
Unlike other TV characters, Abbie doesn't repeat how hard it was up until the character sounds like a broken record

-
Very good point.
Flag
How about Gabbie = Good Abbie. (Although I like her all the time.)

Also JOHN NOBLE ftw.

Flag
Or Fabbie -- fantastic Abbie
Flag
Gabbie works!
I like her all the time as well - she has "moments," but who doesn't?
Flag
Anyone catch the triquetra in the Freemasons' lair?
Flag
I did not - any screen caps or theories on what it might mean?
Flag
The best view is at about 34:03 (most other views are partially obscured by glare, but there are some preety good side-face glances).

I shouldn't get into any interpretations as to what it might mean, with the exception of what you already know. Probably best known to most from the series Charmed (symbolizing the power of three), but historically it has been used as a symbol with varying degrees of significance in Celtic, Christian, Norse, and German cultures.

The number three does figure prominently in Masonic terms - the first three degrees are named as follows: Entered Apprentice, Fellowcraft, and Master Mason. Without these degrees there can be no further advancement.

I trust that you would come up with a very imaginative interpretation as to any meaning therein.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Flag
Flag
Oh, you are too harsh on Abbie. Think of her this way, occasionally she slips on the mask that let her play the good girl who didn't believe her crazy sister and who was able to stably stay in one foster home for her teen years (and which likely charmed Corbin the one time she got in trouble) and with that mask comes her walls that protect her. Those walls are disappearing and she is trying to meld her mask personality with her real personality. I found the baseball thing charming and then she just went into lioness protective mode. I did think it was odd that she thought walking was a good idea...isn't he living at Corbin's cabin? Don't we have the impression that is a bit of a distance away?

That was a little passive aggressive of Katrina to yank Abbie into her world, while she was driving....but it will be fun when they manage to spring her from her otherworldly prison. I bet the intention will be to let her move on, but she shows up in Sleepy Hollow.

I don't know if they are all his fault, but probably could still be tied to Moloch since he raised the horseman in the first place. But I suspect that this issue will be address next week.

I tell you, I watch Captain Irving's reactions so carefully. Like too carefully. He didn't seem to pause incredulously at the Sin Eater thing, more like, I know that one! I read this interview the Ryan Eggold who plays Tom on the Blacklist and I know I shouldn't read to much into it since he's not sure who Tom is and he has been trying to play certain things so you can read it two ways. I suspect Orlando has been doing the same.

I do wonder if the special effects guys on this show will get a phone call from the special effects guys on Grimm...

Can Jenny please not go back? This is still one of the most realistic sister relationships on TV and they actually act as pretty good detective partners. Ichabod will just have to accept his role as peace keeper.

I hope they play up this family angle between Abbie and Ichabod. I honestly see a good storyline for like next season between Abbie and Morales if Zombie John Cho manages to get him on his side, we discover that they likely did love each other but Abbie's walls kept them apart and Jenny and Ichabod figure out that...I don't know, they need love on their side to fight the evil and Katrina is great, but potentially still dead, so Abbie has to fight for Morales. Of course there is his Hessian partner to contend with, it will be really funny if he is absolutely normal, but if might be funny if they try and convert him.

I know the Sin Eater will (John Noble for at least two more episodes) and I have to think James Frain will too (first time in a while he is at least on the good side of the battle of a show). Not sure about HBIC though.

More+
Flag
I tell you, I watch Captain Irving's reactions so carefully

- Captain Orlando and Abbie's interactions are definitely one of my favorite parts of the show so far. I'm still holding onto the theory that he is an "angel" or some sort of good supernatural being that is not allowed to interfere because of "the rules" or something

Can Jenny please not go back?

-Agreed. I really like the Abbie-Jenny dynamic as well - as long as we can move past their origin story.

I hope they play up this family angle between Abbie and Ichabod.

- If there was one character dynamic missing here it would be that Ichabod has not really bonded with any male character. My hope is that whoever turns out to be Abbie's long term love interest develops a really fun friendship with Ichabod.
Flag
It could be that James Frain has finally found his regular gig....heck, sell him on the idea that even though everyone likes Scott, a lot of people love Stiles. Quite weirdly, I almost see them feeling confident enough in this show to introduce a kid of some sort who might end up being the buddy Ichabod likely needs.

I also am on the thought train that Captain Irving is either an angel or some other mystical entity who is not permitted to interfere. I could probably research and figure out exactly what he is supposed to be, but, well, I do have to work.
Flag
sleepy hollow becoming more like supernatural
Flag
Follow this Show
Members