A Sleepy Hollow Community
FOX (ended 2017)

Another surprising figure from the past is popping up on Sleepy Hollow, and this time we're not talking about Benjamin Franklin.

The Mentalist alum Aunjanue Ellis has been cast as Abbie and Jenny's mom, Lori Mills, TV.com has confirmed.

Abbie and Jenny were both taken from Lori as children because of Lori's mental condition, and subsequently wound up in foster care. The girls thought their mother was crazy and possibly dangerous, and were also led to believe that she had taken her own life 16 years ago. However, new information will soon help the sisters learn the truth about mommie dearest.

The casting was first reported by Entertainment Weekly.

Best known as Madeline Hightower on The Mentalist, Ellis is also set to star in the upcoming BET miniseries Book of Negroes.  

Sleepy Hollow returns for Season 2 on Monday, September 22 at 9pm on Fox. Are you excited to meet Abbie's mom?

This article originally appears on TV Guide.com.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/31/2017

Season 4 : Episode 13

14 Comments
Comments (14)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I'm not quite sure how 'insane' I would regard Jenny and Abbie's mom just by a simple description. We both know, from their episode in the woods, that just encountering Moloch for a brief period of time drove both girls very close to the edge of insanity. It isn't that far of a stretch for their mom, plagued for perhaps years by demonic visitations and premonitions of her daughter's importance to such creatures, to be more than a little disturbed by all the attention. And being their mom, unable to protect them from what was coming, its also likely she was tormented by strong feelings of guilt and betrayal. The devil (or something just as bad) is coming for your children and there isn't anything you can do about it. Doesn't sound like a recipe for a stable foundation of mental health. It's not like she was a psychotic seeing aliens in shadows or receiving coded messages in her soup. But when no one else can see, hear, understand, and/or accept what you are experiencing, what else are they going to call you?

I'm guessing she pulled a Jenny and hid from the world in order to better prepare herself for what was to come. Making the world (or the otherworld) pretend you are dead is a very old trick, and since Moloch's minions wouldn't be as interested in her, being out of the picture would have given her a greater chance at remaining isolated, unnoticed, biding her time. At least I hope that is what she was doing. But if it's just flashbacks, I hope they make her interesting in them, letting the audience see behind the curtain Jenny and Abby couldn't see through at the time.
More+
Flag
I'm guessing we'll met her through flashbacks only then.
Flag
Why it appear she may not have really died at least that's what I got from the description.
Flag
No one dies in Sleepy Hollow. At least not in the normal sense.
Flag
Abbie actress sucks!! Tom Mison rules.
Flag
Abbie Actress is the sun and the stars! Tom Mison is the perfect Crane.
Flag
No they are both perfect for their roles.
Flag
To me there is no comparison between them. Mison=10. Abbie=2. Sorry!
Flag
Why are you being so hateful. I love Abby. She's great.
Flag
looking forward to the shows return, but is the mum in flashbacks as judging by the pic (not her best i know) she isn't "old" enough??
Flag
Make up can do wonders... If they need her to be old she'll be old.
Flag
Of all the pictures you guys could have taken...
Flag
You are so right! This is a dreadful picture of her.
Flag
Maybe I'm being overly critical, but if I had to judge her character solely by the photo provided above, I'd guess Jenny and Abbie are likely the very sane members of the Mills family.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members