A Sleepy Hollow Community
Friday 9:00 PM on FOX (Returning January 6, 2017)

Sleepy Hollow S01E10: "The Golem"

By now I'm sure you've noticed that year end lists are always littered with cable dramas from AMC, FX, HBO and Showtime. It's not exactly brand new information that these series are considered to be superior to network dramas, but the gap between the two becomes more and more obvious with each passing year as fewer and fewer network dramas make it in to those all important top 10 lists. 

The reasoning behind this is not exactly rocket science; cable series benefit from having shorter seasons, which usually means the writing is tighter and there are very few, if any, filler episodes to slow down the momentum built by the episodes that push the plot forward. The main networks have been slow to respond, still favoring the 22-episode format, but it's my great hope that ABC, NBC and CBS will look toward Fox and what they've done with Sleepy Hollow and follow in their footsteps.

It's been said several times before, but Sleepy Hollow could have easily been a flop. The series is a mixture of several different genres, but lands squarely within the larger world of Genre Television. It has a very complicated mythology that seems to grow exponentially with each passing week, and no one would have been surprised if it turned out to be laughable. Historically, genre shows like Sleepy Hollow, which depend on viewers watching from one week to the next in order to follow the main plot, have never really been successful on the main networks. 

More often than not, those series are relegated to lesser networks like Syfy or The CW, where they're looked down upon by the majority of viewers because they're not on one of the main networks. But every now and then those lesser networks produce truly magnificent dramas like Battlestar Galactica, which left a lasting impression on the television lanscape, or The Vampire Diaries which became one of the most fearless series on TV during its second season as it sped through plots (and characters) quicker than any other series in recent memory. Its easy to take risks on these kinds of series when they're not being scrutinized by as many eyes, or when their fanbases are loyal and dedicated, almost to a fault. And week after week, Sleepy Hollow is taking risks and successfully overcoming every obstacle placed in its path to become one of the fall season's best new shows. And they're doing it on a major network. So yes, I do hope the other networks are taking notice, because this is how you do a genre television show with a shortened season and do it right.

This week's installment, "The Golem," welcomed John Noble's sin-eating Henry Parrish back into the fray, and although I felt like a bit of Walter Bishop was seeping through in a few scenes, I can't really complain. He's a wonderful character, who can transition back and forth between lovable and almost terrifying from one sentence to the next. I don't know that I want to see him as a series regular in Season 2, because I don't want him to wear out his welcome as eccentric characters can sometimes do, but I do hope we'll see a decent amount of his character. After all, didn't he call Abbie and Ichabod something resembling family in this episode? 

And isn't that really what this episode was all about, finding family? We knew this was coming as Ichabod literally spoke about finding family in the final moments of the last episode, but it bears repeating that family is an important part of who we are and where we come from. It makes sense that every single one of Ichabod's actions this week was driven by that natural desire to find, and love his son. He's made a fine makeshift family with Abbie, and their relationship warms my heart (especially when Abbie ignored his comment about the mistletoe), but he loves and misses his wife, and now he's also grieving the loss of a son he never knew after discovering Katrina's own coven was responsible for stopping Jeremy's heart. They were also responsible for banishing Katrina to purgatory. I guess all those lovely stories about witches being like sisters was not the case in Katrina's coven.

Uncovering the truth was a difficult task that required Ichabod to travel to purgatory with Henry's help as he can reach across realms, but it also came at a price. Returning to the real world after Katrina broke the news that she didn't actually know what happened to Jeremy after she gave him to Grace Dixon and her husband—was Jeremy's own golem—an animated anthropomorphic being created entirely from inanimate matter—which would stop at nothing to protect the boy. It's targeted victims were the members of Katrina's coven who banished her to purgatory and who essentially killed Jeremy. Naturally, they were chilling in a traveling carnival because that's what witches with poor dental insurance do, and they accepted their fate as having been sealed and didn't flee the golem.

Fate plays a prominent role in Sleepy Hollow, as Ichabod and Abbie's own destinies as the witnesses were decided a long time ago. Their paths have been set to cross for centuries, and the weirdo witches who called themselves the Four Who Speak as One accepted their fate. But I have a feeling Abbie and Ichabod are going to have something to say about their own destinies as martyrs, and it's something along the lines of "OH, HELL NO." Moloch told Ichabod in the final moments of the episode that he's coming for Abbie's soul and Ike will be the one to hand it to him. But it's not going to be that easy, because that wouldn't be any fun. This is a nice set up for the final three episodes of the season (I know, I know, it's sad, but it's the 13-episode format that has allowed this series to flourish and become so enchanting every week), as the fight against destiny and for Abbie's soul will no doubt lead to some graat moments for everyone's favorite leftenant. 

"The Golem" felt a bit like a stand-alone episode with the Monster of the Week setup, but in actuality it was yet another episode that uncovered another tiny sliver of Ichabod's backstory, his son's backstory, and the show's overall mythology. I'm not entirely convinced Ichabod's son is actually dead. Yes, his heart stopped, but it was done so by a hex. If Ichabod can wake up from a 200-year slumber like no time has passed, why can't Jeremy? 

FROM THE SHERIFF'S FILES

- Decapitations this week: 0

- Things that confused Ichabod this week: Fun house mirrors, stockings

- Jeremy had powers of his own. When he comes back (because he totally will), do NOT piss him off or he might burn your house down. He'll probably say it was an accident, but you know it won't be.

- I'm sure I'm actually forgetting a ton of stuff, but please forgive me. I'm currently chilling at the airport and have been up basically for forever. Just pretend it's a symptom of my grief about the fact we won't have new episodes for a few weeks.

- "When did irony become a national pastime?"

- You embroidered my name on some oversize hosiery. How odd."

- "What hellish form of torment is this?"

- What are you going to do with all your sudden free time in the wake of Sleepy Hollow's hiatus?

thekaitling:list:sleepy-hollow-what-did-you-think-of-the-golem/

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/8/2016

Season 3 : Episode 18

184 Comments
Comments (185)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
In Italy this was just aired, I think the show's amazing!!!! *___*
Flag
Loved this episode and Jeremy has every right to be pissed off, I hope that they didn't kill kill him he's just dead but spell dead and can come back.
Flag
Abbie is so pretty . I like the fact that one of the nikita cast is in this show too.

Flag
I had to find another show to watch anyway, cuz my favortie show nikita is gone. I like blacklist, only getting a little sick of that show . So I guess it's sleepy hollow. We need more Nikita type shows. Less vampires and the like.
Flag
Crane is the best character on this show..He's sexy, witty, and funny, all at the same time. Although I do have to agree with one poster on here. It's time for Crane to change his cloths. lol otherwise a great show.
Flag
"You embroidered my name on some oversize hosiery. How odd."= LOVE IT!

You are right, Jeremy is totally coming back. They never actually said what happened to him other than showing he was buried alive, which is cruel and unusual in any circumstance.
Flag
Anyone else thought the golem really looked like Azog, the orc chieftain from The Hobbit ? (color aside, that is)

"Awful intercourse". Hahahaha.
Flag
I have to ask this ... why in Gods name is Ichabod still wearing the same old clothes? Isn't i about time he chaged his wardrobe at least a little bit into not something with the earth he crawled out of on it? Just wondering ... his coat still has the same dirt on it ... I cannot imagine what he must smell like ... chooping wood, running around, living in a cabn with no running water ...
Flag
Another great episode. The story of Ichabod's son was very, very sad, but who knows? Maybe Jeremy might turn up later on (if not this season, then next season, perhaps?).

The bit with the demon threatening Captain Irving was super-creepy.

I heard a theory on TV Tropes that Moloch is actually Jeremy. Pray it isn't so, fellow viewers.
Flag
that cant be true, because when Abraham died (the now headless horsemen) Moloch already exist and Jeremy was not even born. Abraham made a deal with Moloch for Katrina
Flag
Oh, okay. Yeah, I remember someone on TV Tropes "jossed" that theory, so I feel a lot better now. Thanks!
Flag
it would be so creepy (and not in a good way) if Moloch was Jeremy.
Flag
Can't believe the season finale is just a few eps away. But I do agree, I kinda doubt they'd mention his son only to have him axed the very next episode. I would expect he's brought back to life maybe next season. I never tire of John Nobel as Walter Bishop on Fringe. I also agree that he doesn't need to be in every episode, but he can show up every now and then like with Jenny.
Flag
really loved henry's quote: 'we never bury the dead son, not really. we take them with us. it's the price of living'

and in john noble's voice, perfect.
Flag
Where in the world does Ichabod pining for his 18th century wife and child (Ye Olde Father Knows Best) constitute 'bravery' in the depths of tv land? The only brave thing that was done was introduce the idea of Ichabod and Abbie not only being spiritual witnesses but being romantically paired as well. The show's insistence on keeping him in "I am faithful to Katrina" mode is the exact opposite of brave.

And I'm equally miffed about Capt Frank's ongoing dialogue about getting back together with his ex. First a tease about him and Jenny being an item, and then the whole "lets run back to the safe, nuclear family" plotline, which distinctly endangers the very surprising and strong character of his daughter and the role she could play in upcoming episodes. The writers went far onto the thin edge of the ice with this episode and I am not a happy camper at all that they are doing it this early in the series. When you are failing to understand the mythology this early, bad things are bound to follow.

Ichabod's son: probably not dead. And I use that word with all the trepidation that this episode's writing has left me with. A good series would not allow a major emotional character to show up and then disappear without some future payoff, but with the way the show is going down the safe, nuclear family option, my sense of their killer instinct is waning like Cub's bats in August. Why wouldn't Moloch be confident that Ike would gladly hand over Abbie: all he has to do is place Katrina and his son on one end of the scale and Abbie on the other and he gets what he wants. That, in essence, is what Moloch (and the show) is doing. And with Ichatrina spewing all over the place lately, like a dog leaving his mark on every tree he passes, its not entirely unplausible. How many people, right here and now, would be surprised if Moloch said to Ike "Katrina for Abbie" if Ichabod wouldn't grab for it? Not only that, Moloch has every reason to make that trade. Betraying Abbie would undoubtedly break their bond as witnesses (moral betrayal is almost always a saint-killer in these types of mythologies) and thus Ichabod's happiness (however real) would be short-lived since he would no longer have the power to defeat Moloch's plan. Same thing with Capt Frank. Wouldn't he, in a moment of weakness, not trade Jenny to get back together with his wife, especially now? Both sisters being betrayed, again, sent back to the demon that first marked them, by the very people they've fallen in love with; yeah, you know that's Moloch's plan from the get-go. Be afraid, dear readers, be very afraid.
More+
Flag
I agree with you. The writers seem to be so afraid of alienating the various shipper groups (Ichabbie, Ichtrina, Etc) that the show is suffering . Yes, they should be brave and embrace the idea that Abbie and Ichabod may be destined for Romance as well as saving humanity. It's just that they are trying to please everyone, and that line of reasoning usually backfires in the end.
Flag
I truly do understand why a Ichatrina ship needs to be sustained throughout the series. It's not as if I expected Ichabbie to happen in Season 1. In fact, I fully expected Ichabod to resist his attraction to Abbie quite strongly, if for no other reason than his archaic gentleman's code about remaining faithful and such. It's also why I believed that it was going to be Katrina who would have to be the one to sacrifice/release herself in order for Ichabod to move on, simply because he is too idealizing of Katrina (and his love for her) for him to accept what that means. So I fully expected resistence. But I also expected some hints from the writers that the process they started was going to actually have a decent ending.

Not only that, their pairing made sense within the mythology itself. Picking two people to be witnesses wouldn't matter if all that was needed was for them to be just two random people. But, if the witnesses were destined to have a deeper metaphor hidden within their partnership, love triumphing over evil, that would make alot more sense. It would give each character a stronger motivation to defeat evil. Don't you fight with more determination if you know the person you love is in danger? So I fully expected a payoff only near the end of the series. But again, I fully expected strong hints along the way, omniscient readers who know more about what is going on than the characters themselves. If you smell wonderful pot roast and then get served braised chicken, it insults your taste buds, no matter how savory the chicken might have been prepared.

And I was SO happy when the capt. daughter made the 'you like my dad' remark to Jenny. It's not that I don't like the daughter's mother, but the strength and experience Jenny could bring to that girl, to her struggles, would just be awesome. Its not like that can't happen but with everything that the series has done lately, with all the 'running back to family' the main male characters are doing, it makes me wonder if the writers know just what kind of good material they have in their hands. And, sad to say, I've seen it happen with series before. Burn Notice came perilously close to blowing its last season (it didn't jump the shark but it sure got real close) and Elementary is playing fast and loose with alot of the character interactions this season. These shows are like planes: just because you are flying high now doesn't mean you can't suddenly mess up and crash and burn.
More +
Flag
I have to catch up on this show. I only saw the first 3 episodes...but Prison Break is a much better example (than vampire diaries-meh) of a show that moved very quickly for a network show. I just recently finished watching in on Netflix. It's really like nothing else (I've never seen 24, but I'm not interested either, sorry)....
Flag
Abbie and Ichabod, what a fantastic pairing, the actors are just brilliant together. Adore this show, its a riot each week, it does not disappoint.
Flag
First episode of tv I've watched in a while that I have been completely engrossed in. No checking social media while watching. Another stand out performance by Tom Mison. I was hypnotised when he was talking to John Noble. They could narrate the phonebook and it would be a bestseller. I also think Jeffery is alive but in some kind of stasis, and he will return. I would like Ichabod to meet his son… but I really don't want Katrina around. She's the only character I haven't warmed to.
Flag
Also it was good to see Walter Bishop again in the sleepy hollow universe
Flag
Now the long wait! what form of hellish torment is this!!
Flag
Are they ever going to get Ichabod some new clothes? He is a great character, but I cannot warm up to Abbie. Like her sister better.
Flag
Loved the episode and yes Jeremy will be back :) Was I the only one thinking that Lady Gaga was playing one of the witches if not all of them??? I mean really lol
Flag
It seems like this show is always going on a hiatus or break. I understand that it has fewer episodes and there have been some holidays but it really seems like they're stretching it out. Forme it kind of ruins the momentum. That and I'm tired of suffering from withdrawal symptoms.
Flag
Well, I was half expecting Abbie to turn out to be Ichabod's great-great-great granddaughter all episode, so I am both relieved and maybe a touch disappointed this is not the case. Even so, it seems odd to bring up the mystery of Ichabod's son only to be like, "OH, he's dead." So, obviously, he must have a return planned, right? But then, for what purpose? I could see a descendent of Jeremy's having a place in the show, but why do we need another time traveler? Seems just a little on the odd side.

Oh well, it was AWESOME, and as much as I question things, I also LOVE all of the decisions they've made. Definitely my absolute favorite show I've picked up this season. FIVE STARS.

And lots of crying over no Sleepy for a while.
Flag
For me the sad part was that Jeremy "died" as a pre-teen -- so Ichabod's family line died with him - so there will be no descendants for Ichabod to meet.
Flag
anyone else find the whitches kinda hot? even with the teeth? lol ok i like strange looking woman, they did have nice eyes tho
Flag
I enjoy the Rip Van Winkle moments. I wonder if Ichabod has seen an airplane yet. Most of his reactions are befuddlement. I want to see him truly amazed.
Flag
Nooo, hiatus?!?? I just started watching!!

Jeremy will totally be back. You don't cast an actor that good looking (older Jeremey, jeez) just for a couple shaky flashbacks. Ask The Vampire Diaries! I just hope it's cool and not a Connor situation, because we can all agree that is THE WORST.
Flag
I expected Ichabod to let the Golem kill Team Colgate Covern after they revealed that with their death the circle would be completed on the spell. In that it may end the hex and bring Jr. back - which I'm expecting at some jump the shark moment.
What was with the Golem's ancient stlye mankini? Was he anatomically correct? I thought he was scary enough without the danger of flashing a mud tower.
Always good to see one of my fave Aussies back.
Flag
I think I need to watch this episode again. There is way more going on than one pass can capture, Oh who am I kidding? I'm going to watch them all again during the five week break!
Flag
I loved this episode but I'm not liking what they are setting up for the future. With the talk of a hex to stop Jeremy's heart, there is no doubt that they are planing on bringing him back. But I can't imagine anyway a live Jeremy in the here and now can possibly be good for the show, except maybe if they bring him back as "evil" and/or somebody that has to be stopped. And bringing the right emotions for Ichabod essentially killing his son to save the world will be all but impossible.
Flag
But maybe I should just trust them since they have done just everything right so far. :)
Flag
I kept expecting for them to find out Walter sorry Henry was Ichabod's descendent all episode.

Or Abbie was, after all it's not like mixed race children are a new thing. Actually I'd approve of that, since it would open up a lot of character potential.
Flag
This show is really scary sometimes and I love it.
Flag
I think its funny that this scary show is rarely scary and no one seems to care. I don't, but if they cranked up the spooky, I wouldnt mind. I guess too much of that might ruin the recipe.
Flag
I got hooked on the show not because it's straight up horror but because it is giddily eerie. Spooky doesn't have to be horror.
Flag
I didn't think it was supposed to be scary, I guess my expectations were really low haha
Flag
understandably low considering most of what passes for scary these days.
Flag
All I know is, I wanted to like Grimm but it bore me to tears. I was thinking this show would be like Grimm too. Glad to see SH is a very entertaining show.
Flag
The stocking moment and the fun house mirror was priceless! Just classic Ichabod at this point.

Yea, I'm not completely convinced that Jeremy is dead either and if that doesn't come up in the last three episodes, I hope it will in S2.

I agree with you about Parrish. I want him to continue to show up but I think in every episode would be over-doing it.

This is going to be a long wait!
Flag
oh yes, the son will be back - why bother creating a son if he's not even going to have any descendants? he's coming back himself! Either that or that was a lie and the witches never stopped his heart.
Flag
I can't take another hiatus, I barely made it the last time!
Flag
If theyre trying to get ppl to stop watching, I guess thats one way to go about it.
Flag
Abbie Mills knows exactly where I can get a fatback sandwich!
Flag
Toastie.
Flag
Imagine if jeremy is actually moloch!
Flag
I could watch/listen to Tom Mison read the phone book and be entertained. Love his accent and expressions. Add John Noble into the mix and I'm in TV heaven.

My favorite new show of the season.
Flag
I LOVE this show!
Buffy the Vampire Slayer was my all time favorite series, after it ended it took five years for a show to even come close, that show was FRINGE. I was so surprised that it took only 7 months for another show to come along and fill the gap left by FRINGE.
For me Sleepy Hollow is Buffy and FRINGE combined and I'm loving every second of it. I love how emotional this series can get with the most ridiculous plot. I got all tearful when Ichabod was talking to the golem. This show knows how to make ludicrous situations so emotional just like Buffy and FRINGE did... LOVE LOVE LOVE.
John Noble guest staring... always a pleasure... He was so channelling Walter in his performance and I almost climaxed... (FOX make a Walter Bishop spinoff!)

Cant wait for the final 3 episodes of the season, I'm sure they'll be EPIC!
Flag
Did the higher ups make you start typing Ichabod?
Flag
Jeremy's doll is historically accurate for isolated societies like America in the 1700's - there was no international trade, except for necessities, and pioneer people made do with what they could. A cloth doll in basic human form is as good as could be created in that place at that time.
I bought some more refined versions of the same doll at the Navajo Nation fair two year's ago - the women made dolls from soft willow twigs, tied together with thread, and wrapped in lamb's wool before putting on embroidered cloth dresses that were scraps of cloth. The faces were cotton cloth with painted facial features.
http://www.cowanauctions.com/itemImages/mm8686.jpg

Flag
John Noble is awesome I love the man and watching him being quirky, adorable and terrifying was awesome.
And yeah Jeremy should be able to come back from his mud bath. But maybe he will come back evil! you now demons love bringing back people you love just to piss you off.
So now Moloch has the hots for Abbie? Can't say I'm shocked.
I loved Abbie's line: "So if I went out with a guy and we had awful intercourse, we'd be going on a second date?... That's weird.
Flag
I love John Noble - he has such a noble presence.
Henry had a lot of good quotes in this episode but I think this is an excellent summary of the series: “A good puzzle misleads you. It sends you in one direction, fools you into thinking you know what’s going on but once you discover the trick there is often a hidden meaning.”
Flag
I felt an inconvenient lack of Jenny Mills in this episode. After watching Sleepy Hollow and Nikita, she's my new TV crush.
Flag
I agree with you statement about Noble as the Sin eater. He is fantastic and he is fantastic in the role. But he is as an actor light years stronger than the rest of the cast an using him in this character would do two things. It would take away from the rest of the cast and the chemistry that they have. And it would be a horrible use of such a fantastic actor. Keep him in the Fox family, give him another show, but bring him back from time to time.

I have said all along that this show on paper on any other network should not work. But it does and it is genius. It is the little things, the subtle nods to the viewers telling them that the show doesn't take itself too seriously and an invitation for 40 minutes to come and enjoy the crazy with everyone that makes this show work. This is almost a trend now. There have always been shows that have done this. But largely they are on cable. Psych is one of the more prominent shows to do this. Grimm on NBC does this a lot. Even Almost Human has some nods to it as well. I welcome it, it is a nice change of pace to absolutely ridiculous shows such as The Following and Under the Dome, that are absurd, but the show runners take it completely serious and want you to do so as well. Case in point any of the many commercials for The Following that are asking us to believe that Joe Carroll was some type of mythical genius serial killer. When he is barely the movie of the week.

But Sleepy Hollow's genius resides in its writing and the winding of the various stories together. That and the fantastic work by all actors and their chemistry. The stories are fantastic. They are all steps in an Escher painting that are all leading to the same place that is just fantastic.

The story of Jeremy is fantastic and a perfect example of this. He is not dead, his heart is just stopped, they couldn't kill him because of his power but they could put him to sleep so to speak. Then you have the revelation of whatever contacted Captain Irving. My guess is Moloch is going to have whatever those things are that can transfer into anyone's body, to possess Jeremy and attempt to trade him for Abby. I don't see this working, but it is going to be something to that effect in order to provide Crane with his conundrum. And it is going to be great. I can't wait to see what they come up with for a finale.

However, saying all of this, there is one thing that I disagree with. This show is good enough that if they extended it out to 23 episodes, that it could easily do so. POI does it, Grimm does it. Sleepy Hollow could do this very well.

Fantastic episode.
More+
Flag
John Noble should make appearances as often as possible. he is just phenomenal... Another fantasic episode !
Flag
Jeremy is going to pop up. I think it was a very conscious decision to say that they used the hex to stop his heart. Ichabod was the one who threw out the murdered word. And why spend the bulk of the last two episodes building up this storyline if it was for nothing?

The stuff with the Captain's daughter was interesting as well. Irving is the only one who really has a family that can easily be hunted in the here and now. There's no hexes, no purgatory, just a flesh and blood kid that can be harmed. And you'd want to make your enemy's army as small as possible so why not threaten the Captain's daughter to get him out of the game and further isolate Ichabod and Abbie.

I am extremely bummed that we have to wait until January. I guess I might actually have to do some Christmas shopping....
Flag
Like it was referred to in the review, the creators of Sleepy Hollow decided to put this show on a major network and hoped it would find an audience. Well it did and I will be ever grateful that I became a member of that audience. Week in and week out it is brilliantly written, photographed and acted and is a 10/10 on the entertainment scale. Bravo!

I love John Noble. He is just amazing. Like Kaitlin said, in some scenes Walter Bishop crept through. During the scene in the library, I actually visualized Walter, Peter and Olivia back in the lab at Harvard. I had to snap out of my reverie and go back and watch what I had missed. I think that's another reason why I love this show so much. It reminds me of Fringe and fills the hole in my heart.

Picture next September in Los Angeles. The category is Best Prologues on television. And the Emmy goes to Sleepy Hollow!

This next four weeks could be the longest of my life. I'll try to be strong.
Flag
If only they could give John Nobel something like a best supporting actor or something. The man has been snubbed too many times. And the major awards shows wonders why no one bothers to watch anymore... They don't care about what we non-elites like.
Flag
The man has more talent than most of the wannabes on TV. It's a travesty of epic proportions. Name me one other actor that could have played Walter Bishop with such charisma and dignity. He was riveting to watch.
Flag
Very hard to think off the top of my head. He owned that role. It wouldn't have been the same without him. Honestly everyone else could've been replaced, but fringe would not be the same without nobel there,
Flag
Oh, this was a really good episode! I'm worried about Captain Irving and his daughter, now. I love how they're working some character development for Captain Irving into the show. Also, I wish they'd get Jenny back on.
Flag
God I hope they bring Jeremy back. Otherwise this episode and the last essentially became pointless. If the Golem killed the ones responsible for killing Jeremy, then Ichabod has no personal grudge anymore and can move on to his main mission of stopping Moloch and the Horsemen and getting his wife back. Having an introduction of a son who's been dead for centuries would make it an unneeded distraction from Ike's main mission if the son really is dead. HOWEVER, if Moloch gained access to Ike's conversations, he could send Evil Cho to resurrect Jeremy and use him as insurance just in case Ike ever successfully rescues his wife. Moloch was able to bring back a man whose neck was snapped off completely and a woman who was burnt to a crisp. A spell that simply stopped the heart should be child's play to remove. I'm betting the season finale will have Ike fight Moloch in a final battle, defeat Moloch and rescue Katrina, thereby releasing Steve of his boss's influence, and Steve will revive Jeremy at the very end of the season. Season two would have the husband and wife duo fight Steve's minions and try desperately to turn their son away from the Dark Side, but I'm guessing it'll end with either Katrina or Jeremy dying (or both) dying at the end of the season, setting up season 3 where Ike goes off the rails and Abbie has to save him through the power of love and friendship. That's 3 seasons down, though Ike mentioned that the writers ideally want to get 7 seasons out of this show. For the life of me I don't know how the show could go past 4 seasons max (season 3 ends with Ike killing Steve once and for all but Steve releasing an evil force more powerful than Moloch and Ike and Abbie spending season 4 stopping it.). Of course, the Mentalist stretched the Red John storyline for SIX FREAKING SEASONS even after killing RJ in the 3rd season finale (by having the very convincing maniac turning out to be a fake RJ) so there could be a way to stretch the storylne past season 4, but it will be really hard to keep the audience entertained. The Mentalist storyline got dull. Supernatural went bad once it reached season 6, as did Buffy and the X Files. Heck, Suits is getting bad and it's only the 3rd season, It's very hard to keep ideas coming after 5 seasons, even if SH follows their own given rules and keeps each season at 13 episodes. The ONLY exceptions I see to this is Monk and Psych, but they were more comedic detective shows and very episodic,
More+
Flag
Wow, you've thought this through. haha
Flag
I know it makes absolutely no sense, but I'm kind of hoping that John Noble ends up being Icabod's son.
Flag
when something makes no sense, it makes perfect sense. -SH production crew
Flag
Or at least his great-great-grandson or something.
Flag
I know that makes no sense---but it occurred to me as well.
Flag
"We stopped his heart" is WAY different than "We killed him"...Jeremy will absolutely make an appearance at some point. I'm just hoping for a badass casting of "Junior" Crane.

While I do wish there was more Sleepy Hollow to look forward to, I'm okay with it adopting the Sons of Anarchy model and going balls out for 13 episodes. If networks want to keep generating the normal revenue from "standard" 22 episode seasons, I'd be all in favour of them following in the footsteps of BBC's Top Gear that does/did two 8 hour long episode seasons per year. Works out to be eleven 42 minute episodes which should be enough to have seperate and great self contained stories without giving up anything off the overall schedule.

"I don't want him [John Noble] to wear out his welcome as eccentric characters can sometimes do, but I do hope we'll see a decent amount of his character"

Crazy talk. There's no such thing as too much Noble
Flag
Loving this ensemble cast and this story arc. Maybe in the minority but they can leave Katrina where she's at....she's just better suited there instead of causing distraction in 2013-2014 timeframe. Ichabod's son, I believe is still alive and stuck in a place similar to Katrina, but with that said, what in the world would Ichabod do with a son....except slow down the action of the story arc. So, glad Irving is becoming a well rounded character....all these characters are tragically heroic and you just want them to succeed. John Noble...simply awesome as ever.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members