A Sleepy Hollow Community
Friday 9:00 PM on FOX

I must confess, there are more than 100 reasons - and counting - why I believe Ichabod Crane is Best New Character of 2013, but with 5 days left, I decided to stick to only 5 of them.

5) He's a National Treasure
Once a British Army officer, twice an American Hero, this history professor risked his life to serve as a spy for George Washington in the Revolutionary War, and as a Witness in the ultimate War from the Book of Revelations.

4) Regal origins
Ironically, its his noble birth what prepared him as an experienced marksman, capable to track anything from a runaway prisoner to a headless horseman, and allowed him to become an accomplished swordsman, capable to behead a hessian with a sword or an axe.

3) He's a frustrated scholar
A professor at Oxford recruited for a war he did not seek nor want, trapped in a point in time he doesn't understand, the professor in Ichabod struggles to arise whether to teach Jenny Mills, to challenge Abbie to improve herself or to debate with Captain Irving some interesting factoids about American history.

2) He's monogamous to a fault
Ichabod still feels married to his wife 250 years later, 2 episodes into the season and he felt bound to Abbie for the rest of his unnatural life, two lifetimes and he's still bound by friendship - and blood magic - to the Headless Horseman whose life he ruined.

1) Love at First Sight
I've never believed in it - Love? Yes! At first sight??? What is that thing?! - and yet nothing else could describe the way time itself seemed to stop during that first sequence of the show as Ichabod and the Headless Horseman are introduced. By the time it was over, I just knew: I was hooked. And Ichabod was one half of the magic.

poll

15 Comments
Comments (32)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Serious man crush. The range that Tom Mison brings to the character is astounding. The UK's loss is our gain. And to think he is just one reason why Sleepy Hollow is just so damn awesome.
Flag
Happy New Year TV.com people!

Flag
And he can charm the pants of "NorthStar" operators.
Flag
He's so endearing on that scene!
Flag
this is a classic
Flag
I am just in love with his accent !
Flag
I can't get enough of his 'Leftenant's!
Flag
I guess there are now enough votes to confess that my favorite thing about Ichabod is that he made me cry for a Golem.
Flag
This is by far the best show on TV at the moment (Network TV) and that it is Fox bothers me. I am not a fan of Fox at all but they seem to have someone over there that realizes talent. The only problem with this is they also have people who couldn't see a good show if it smacked them in the face. I hope the later of the two doesn't ruin this. Sleepy Hollow is the best surprise this year!
Flag
It bothers me too. I try to think they couldn't possibly think about cancelling it (at least they've renewed it for season 2!), and then I think back to Firefly and shudder. What if they haven't learned their lesson?
Flag
Sleepy Hollow is everything I didn't know I was missing!

From the Mills to the Ichabbie, from Captain Irving to Katrina, from the witchcraft to the man out of time angle, I just love it.
Flag
Am I the only one shipping Abbie/Crane , Crane's wife is meh she can stay in her "incarceration" ! Also love how they play up Crane trying to get a handle on modern tech. even simple things like the shower!
Flag
I get what you mean, sometimes it feels like Abbie is the perfect person for Ichabod to spend the rest of his life if he settles in a modern era, but Katrina was the perfect person for him to spend the rest of his life way back when.
Flag
It took me a while to get around to watching the Pilot of this series. However, when I finally watched it, there is no doubt that it is one of the most pleasant surprises on TV for 2013. The supernatural/alternative history genre is often very hard to tackle especially when taking on the seemingly formulaic world of procedural shows. That being said, Sleepy Hollow seems to have found the perfect balance that makes the show not only watchable but utterly entertaining.

I especially like the natural chemistry between Ichabod and Leftenant Mills, which easily translates to one of the most compelling friendships/partnerships on TV. Tom Mison would not have been my first choice to play Ichabod Crane but he certainly does the role justice.
Flag
Ichabod is far more handsome than I gave him credit for, but Mison plays him like an endearing outsider which works for a man out of time too.

I do like how Crane is slowly fostering the Mills, because their ancestor did foster his son over 250 ago.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members