Sleepy Hollow

Pilot

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Sep 16, 2013 on FOX

• Loved it

Exciting, and captivating. It will be interesting to see if the writers / producers have enough material for multiple seasons. Best new series for 2013 so far.
  • Great pilot

Great pilot, not for the serious drama enthusiasts but one for the Grimm fans!
  • Everything but the Loch Ness Monster...

Show had everything in it with extra fries, and what happens when you super-size something? Yep left me with indigestion.. Nice to see Clancy Brown, but it did make me think Highlander/Ichabod Crane (why did that name die out?) they wouldn't would they??

I'm in a shallow mood so I'll stick around just for Nicole Beharie, show has some potential but I don't see it distracting me from Supernatural or Grimm.

I'd like not to rate it as this is just the first episode. [But I'd give it a 4 just for Beharie! Something about her??]
  • On to a great start

A great start to the new show. It can become a great success. Tom Mison is great in the role. I will keep watching. I think it is going to be fun to see Crane learning to get by in the 21st century. I expect action and comedy.
  • not my thing

I've tried to watch it but the mix up between scify, procedura adn historical stuff is not for me at all.

I didn't like this show but the filming and the cast was really great and the show was well done and is promising.
  • A mess, but a fun one

It's supremely difficult to start a mythology-based series in this day and age. Broadcast networks are falling further behind cable channels in the airing of long-form serialized prestige dramas. Each new season brings on new dramas that network executives hope will stick onto the wall for a long time. I don't know if Sleepy Hollow is one of those shows that will stick around for a full season, but judging from the pilot episode, it's not going to be a boring ride. It's weird and non-sensical and ridiculous, but that's part of the fun.

There isn't much in the episode that is supposed to be taken seriously. It starts with the basic setup necessary for a pilot episode, then frantically tries to cram a large amount of mythology in the remaining run time. It comes back to my first point: That pilot episodes for mythology-driven shows will always feel incomplete. Until more episodes air to add pieces to the puzzle that will fill in the whole picture, this episode has to be judged on other merits like character or atmosphere.

All that said, the producers of this show try very hard to make it fun, and not in a campy sort of way. The Headless Horseman is terrifying in the standard ways that supernatural villains can be. It doesn't seem like bullets can stop him or any sort of occult magic can as well. The pile of old cases that Mills finds ensures that everything that is happening will somehow be connected (even if those connections probably won't make any sense). The mythology is set up for now. It's not the best start for a show that one can ask for, but there is no funereal tone or leaden sense of seriousness surrounding it. I can only hope the show is developed into something likable; That spending an hour in the town of Sleepy Hollow isn't a complete waste of time. That's the hope for every pilot episode.
  • FOX stays a-head of the game...

What a pleasant surprise! I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't the apocalypse. Red-eyed horses and axe-wielding headless shenanigans, all par for the course with Sleepy Hollow. Witches, the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, a very freaky looking demon thingy and bundles and bundles of great gags and dialogue, Sleepy Hollow may just be the sleeper sci-fi hit of the new fall season. The acting across the board is top-notch, and as pilots go, this one was polished and super packed, with enough dangling threads to fuel the next handful of episodes. If I had any issues with it, they were mostly minor, with my biggest gripe being that they killed off Clancy Brown! Let's hope he finds a way to stick around.
  • Kept me watching

Very nice for the pilot. Will go see next episodes. Crane is very interesting!
  • Amazing

What an amazing pilot. I just loved the full head on action, hardly giving us any time to adapt to new information before throwing us new ones. I hope they keep up the tempo, the mystique and action.

If you love riddels,action,witches, mythologi, evil/good battles combined with american history .... It is deffinately worth a watch.

The best way of describing it is National treasurel meets legend of the headless horseman with a twist of Supernatual and Detective show all in one juicy pilot. Ill deffinately be watching cause i have high hopes for this one....
  • Bible themed end-of-the-world

Can't say that the first episode put it on my watching list. Don't really want to watch another bible themed end-of-the-world series (hint - Zero Hour (2013)). I can almost see the plot in my head - research things, battle paranormals and evil guys and at the end save the world somehow. If characters can be more interesting than on pilot then I can reconsider watching it after second or third episode.
  • Very Intrigued

Just what was needed after so many shows being cancelled!! Fun, Creepy and very intriguing, can't wait to see how they tell this story through a series and watch more of that sexy Crane :D
  • Might be right

I don't see more than 12 episodes. The show is interesting, but after 12, I am sure it will be quite boring. There isn't enough story. Abbie Mills (Nicole Beharie) is hot though, I will watch it for her.
  • That's my kind a series

That was great can't wait till next week lets hope they get 22 episodes :)
  • great potential

Fun and creepy lots of action and intrigue. Cant wait to see where this show takes us.
FOX