Sliders Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

arturo didnt dieI dont think the real max arturo got killed: i think he got left

marcos62690

[1]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 3

I dont think the real max arturo got killed: i think he got left behind on his double's world because after the vortex closes he appears to be very concerned about staying behind: unlike his double who would get mad if he stayed behind: plus the real max didnt have any health problems either: the fake started getting very sick after joing the sliders into other worlds: and those of us who have been paying attention know that like maggie..hot star of the 4 and 5 seasons...could get sick if they went to other worlds with different air to breathe in: so why did the fake max take the bullet for quin you wonder? not because it was the real one and he wanted to save his best student thats for sure: its cause he felt he owed him for showing him the error of his ways and helping him as if he was the real max. ( that has to be the only possible "real" explanation. And if you choose not to believe it: go ahead and wish he died for no reason or so they could replace him: its only a tv show after all: but i choose to think other wise.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

baskok

[2]Oct 30, 2010
    • level: 9

There have been many arguments about this event. It certainly surprised the viewers. But if you see the comments that the other actors make on theDVD, they say that johnRhysDavieswasn'thappy with the developments in the show. Especially the more action packed 3 rd season. They canceled his role.Of coursethere's a chance that they could have brought him back. Saying that the wrongArturoslid away.

pferreira86

[3]Oct 31, 2010
    • level: 17

baskok wrote:

There have been many arguments about this event. It certainly surprised the viewers. But if you see the comments that the other actors make on theDVD, they say that johnRhysDavieswasn'thappy with the developments in the show. Especially the more action packed 3 rd season. They canceled his role.Of coursethere's a chance that they could have brought him back. Saying that the wrongArturoslid away.

I don't think John Rhys-Davies was happy with most scripts. There were some he liked.

buffyjl

[4]Nov 1, 2010
    • level: 20

I really like how he wrote the story for Exodus in which he leaves the show. It's appropriate that he helped in the episodes' awesomeness!

pferreira86

[5]Nov 7, 2010

buffyjl wrote:

I really like how he wrote the story for Exodus in which he leaves the show. It's appropriate that he helped in the episodes' awesomeness!

John Rhys-Davies was very unhappy with how Exodus turned out. His original story was very different to what appeared on screen by Tony Blake and Paul Jackson.

buffyjl

[6]Nov 8, 2010

pferreira86 wrote:

buffyjl wrote:

John Rhys-Davies was very unhappy with how Exodus turned out. His original story was very different to what appeared on screen by Tony Blake and Paul Jackson.

HAHA, I can just imagine JR Davies' reaction:

"What?? I wrote Maggie & Rickman to kill off each other! Why is SHE still on the show?!

And the only reason I allowed them to re-write it and give me a death scene, was the added scene we filmed, where I return as the Real Arturto from Post-Traumatic Slinding Syndrome! Where did that scene go?! What manner of heathing barnacle edited that scene out?!

Dear producer sirs, Ihave a good mind to leave this television series! Perhaps I shall go audition for that doomed film project my agent told me about, Lord of the Ribs, or something to that regard. If not, then I will return to Tuscany and reprise my former identity of Pavarotti.

What do you mean, 'Where is Tuscany?' !!! It is in Italy, you un-learned blistering idiot!!"

return to tuscany

pferreira86

[7]Nov 14, 2010

Yeah I can imagine that! Laughing

Really though I believe that John Rhys-Davies original story outline was more focused on the science aspect of Earth blowing up, similar to the episode Last Days. Maggie and Rickman were characters created by the writers not by Rhys-Davies.

buffyjl

[8]Nov 24, 2010

Haha, glad you liked the hissy-fit dialogue.

pferreira86 wrote:
    Maggie and Rickman were characters created by the writers not by Rhys-Davies.

Then, that means Rhys didn't even get any royalites for them! Those sneaky clever-cleever writers!

pferreira86

[9]Nov 28, 2010

buffyjl wrote:

Haha, glad you liked the hissy-fit dialogue.

pferreira86 wrote:
    Maggie and Rickman were characters created by the writers not by Rhys-Davies.

Then, that means Rhys didn't even get any royalites for them! Those sneaky clever-cleever writers!

Well they weren't exactly terrific characters so I think Rhys-Davies got a lucky escape. Sealed

Edited on 11/28/2010 11:25am

ChipsTheButler

[10]Dec 22, 2010
    • level: 9
    It's said that if an actor annoys the production team they get given a horrific death. Let's see two examples from sliders...

JRD- well, as we all know he was a bit of a PITA saying things like "that doesn't make sense" and "this is supposed to be about parallel worlds, not time travel". So they suck out his brains (destroying the character's core motivator in life) and then left him on a planet that was exploded. Ouch.

But worse was Wade, who was killed off because her actor didn't get along with the person playing Maggie. Her character is sent to a prison camp where she is constantly raped to give birth to half human half Kromagg children. She is then disembodied and her brain used as a computer. MESSED UP. She sure pissed some people off, eh?

buffyjl

[11]Dec 30, 2010

I like to think all that didn't happen to Wade.

We know she was on the Earth Prime prison with Remy for a while, then a breeding camp where her friend said she was brave. I doubt she was subject to much horror there as the Kromagg big-wigs woulda caught on fast how smart she was (as surely she cleverly resisted).

So she was prolly sent off to the pshychic-beheaded-experiment lab much earlier than your story implies.

Sure she lost her body, but the powers she gained were enormous! Imagine creating sliding wormholes at will! Good for Wade!