TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Sliders Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

Did this show get a proper ending?

fan1983

[1]Nov 25, 2011
    • level: 8

Hi guys!

I've never seen this show, and Idefinitelywant to start watching it post-modem. I just have one question before I go to all the trouble of getting invested - did the show get a proper ending? Or was it cancelled.

Thanks!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pferreira86

[2]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 17

The series was cancelled by the Sci-Fi Channel. It ended on a cliffhanger. Just concentrate on Season 1 and 2 and pretend that the other seasons don't exist as slowly the cast started being let go from the show.

ChipsTheButler

[3]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 9
    Kind of. It was a cliffhanger, but it kinda rounds out the stories. You don't get final answers to all the questions, but it can be ended where it did.

pferreira86

[4]Jan 2, 2012

True and in the shows present condition I don't know what other path it could have taken.

MajLorne

[5]Jun 10, 2012
    • level: 21

pferreira86 wrote:

The series was cancelled by the Sci-Fi Channel. It ended on a cliffhanger. Just concentrate on Season 1 and 2 and pretend that the other seasons don't exist as slowly the cast started being let go from the show.

I agree with that. It was so stupid how one time they did return to earth prime and left because the gate didn't squeak. Of all reasons... The ideal way i would've ended it would be Rembrant slides to earth prime before Quinn made his first slide and prevents everything from happening. That would become a 'what if' sort of musing and a wonder of what adventures they could've had. Rembrant then could go on trying to pitch his adventures to a studio to produce into a tv show and it ends with some random guy accidentally using the real remote and getting sucked into another world. All that could be done in 1 single hour or even 30 min.

Edited on 06/10/2012 5:49pm

ChipsTheButler

[6]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 9
    The device doesn't time travel.

pferreira86

[7]Jun 17, 2012

ChipsTheButler wrote:
    The device doesn't time travel.
    I think part of the problem is that Fox Network thought it was. The only way Tracy Torme could get the show greenlight was by using The Time Tunnel as a comparison.