Sliders Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

I say SPINOFF

notsyko

[1]Jan 18, 2010
    • level: 5

How many other series have UNLIMITED potential for stories and environments? Sleders is the perfect series to get a spinoff, Sliders: The Next Dimension if you will. You could spin off from the red headed kid on sherlock world that exclaimed "I'm going to find you guys some day!" or from young Quinn Mallory on the world where Sliding Quinn fixed the bully situation, or even both. It would be nice if they meet somehow and help find the professor on Azure Gate Bridge world and free Wade from Kromagg breeding camp or find her wherever she is. As for the merging of Quinn with his Different likeness from Season 5, I say either ignore it and find hiom and Charlie somewhere or find a different Adult Quin.

http://www.syko.org/2010/01/sliders-i-say-spinoff.html

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

baskok

[2]Jan 19, 2010
    • level: 9

You probably don't realize how much discussion there's been about which Arturo slid away and ofcourse the disappearance of wade in the fourth season. I don't think your ideas could work. Perhaps it's best to find a new group of sliders for new adventures.

The title the next dimension is also a bit strange because they travelled to a different one each episode. Maybe it's best to call it the new adventures or the next generation. There could be many ideas for a spinoff but forget about the original ones ever coming together again.

pferreira86

[3]Jan 24, 2010
    • level: 17

Since the age of 13 or 14 I've had an idea for a Sliders spin-off involving a new generation of Sliders. The show would exist in the same continuity of the original series, so it's not a remake or reboot. And when I say "idea" it's a bit more than that. I got a bit carried away and did a detailed episode by episode outline in my head. I have the first five seasons more or less mapped out in specific episode detail with a vague outline of Seasons 6 and 7. So I've always intended the show to go on for seven years. I've never wrote any of this down because the last thing I want is to do all this writing and planning for a series that would never be made. As you've probably guessed I have to be in a position of some power to even pitch my idea to the studio execs. I still have all the ideas in my head so who knows, maybe one day.

I don't see any point in me discussing my series idea either as it would probably read like fan fiction and that's not what I'm going for! I will say that it would borrow elements of Stargate SG-1 as well as Quantum Leap and if that doesn't appeal to you be thankful I haven't discussed by series idea in detail!

baskok

[4]Jan 25, 2010
    I'm interested to hear about those ideas. What kind of group will be sliding? How will it happen? Will they have a timer? are there kromaggs?

pferreira86

[5]Jan 31, 2010

baskok wrote:
    I'm interested to hear about those ideas. What kind of group will be sliding? How will it happen? Will they have a timer? are there kromaggs?
    As I mentioned in my last post I personally feel embarrassed to discuss these ideas as it will sound like fanboy fan fiction. Also if people disagree with what I've come up with it doesn't bode well for any future plans I might have to get the series made. I'm really sorry.

But yes, my group would use a slightly more advanced timer than the original group and of course I'd bring back the Kromaggs although the original Invasion ones, not the ones from Season 4.

Edited on 01/31/2010 4:44am

baskok

[6]Feb 1, 2010

I don't think that there are many people left who would disagree with your ideas.... Well if you would suggest that a purple elephant would be sliding i'd think you completely lost your mind.

And what you come up with can't be any worse then the partially 3rd ,4th and 5th seasons.

This forum seems to be flatlining. When I became a member on this site there we're a lot more people who placed messages.

hapat

[7]Feb 3, 2010
    • level: 14
    Can't go wrong with SG-1 or Quantum Leap, wish they'd get the 3rd movie made for the first one and fianlly continue the second one in series format like they've been trying.

I doubt we'll ever see the original 4 together again. I could see Quinn and Remi maybe, then maybe Wade, but it take a miracle or a huge amount of money to get the prof back.

pferreira86

[8]Feb 8, 2010

hapat wrote:
    Can't go wrong with SG-1 or Quantum Leap, wish they'd get the 3rd movie made for the first one and fianlly continue the second one in series format like they've been trying. I doubt we'll ever see the original 4 together again. I could see Quinn and Remi maybe, then maybe Wade, but it take a miracle or a huge amount of money to get the prof back.
    Oh I'm sure they'd all do it. They got on like a family. They'd come back just for that. I would be very surprised if they didn't want to rejoin for a movie.

Also, you'll be pleased to known my idea contains no purple elephants!

Edited on 02/08/2010 6:15am

hapat

[9]Feb 11, 2010
    Not that they wouldn't do it, be more that the stupid studio won't put up the money.

Blue elephants are bad too..haha

pferreira86

[10]Feb 14, 2010
    Well I think the studio wouldn't have a hard time paying the actors for the film. I mean they're great actors but they're not in the A-List. The studio would probably do some stunt casting and add some B-List actors to bring in more of an audience. For a Sliders film to make a profit it would have to appeal to many people not just the fans.

baskok

[11]Feb 17, 2010

I think because of the sliding ( different worlds ) that they would have to make a series of movies. But there's a downside , when the first movie is'nt fantastic then they might not get a budget for the next one.

I wonder if they'lle use the same actors or if they just use new ones who play the roles of the originals.

pferreira86

[12]Feb 21, 2010
    baskok wrote:

I think because of the sliding ( different worlds ) that they would have to make a series of movies. But there's a downside , when the first movie is'nt fantastic then they might not get a budget for the next one.

I wonder if they'lle use the same actors or if they just use new ones who play the roles of the originals.

As sad as it may seem the studio would probably do something stupid and use new actors.

baskok

[13]Feb 22, 2010

Will it be a re-make of the original TV series? It might be nice to see a movie coming out but then it will be too late i'm afraid after almost ten years since the last episode was on it's far too late.

I can live with the fact that maybe it won't have the biggest budget as long as you get the feel of the old sliders back with people you really start to care about. Hopefully not to welknown actors. Possibly a cheaper film series which follows all of the memorable worlds of sliders. And ofcourse after several films the homecoming on earth prime.

pferreira86

[14]Feb 28, 2010

They did try to get a movie made back in 2001/2002 but nothing came to pass.

baskok

[15]Mar 2, 2010

Would you wanna see a movie with maggie , colin, guy that suddenly played quin and rembrand?

Ow another question was'nt there another female in the fifth season and do you know wich world she came from and why she slid with the group?

pferreira86

[16]Mar 7, 2010

baskok wrote:

Would you wanna see a movie with maggie , colin, guy that suddenly played quin and rembrand?

Ow another question was'nt there another female in the fifth season and do you know wich world she came from and why she slid with the group?

If they made a Sliders movie it would be foolish to do it without the original cast. So no Maggie for me thank you very much.

In response to your second question Diana joined the cast in Season 5. I believe she was a scientist from an alternate Earth that joined the group in an attempt to find a way to free 'Mallory'. The whole point of the character (probably the only plus of that season)was to showan intelligent female who used brain power in response to violence. Unfortunately most fans feel she was sidelined and under used.

RogerMarket

[17]Apr 18, 2010
    • level: 12

pferreira86 wrote:

Since the age of 13 or 14 I've had an idea for a Sliders spin-off involving a new generation of Sliders. The show would exist in the same continuity of the original series, so it's not a remake or reboot. And when I say "idea" it's a bit more than that. I got a bit carried away and did a detailed episode by episode outline in my head. I have the first five seasons more or less mapped out in specific episode detail with a vague outline of Seasons 6 and 7. So I've always intended the show to go on for seven years. I've never wrote any of this down because the last thing I want is to do all this writing and planning for a series that would never be made. As you've probably guessed I have to be in a position of some power to even pitch my idea to the studio execs. I still have all the ideas in my head so who knows, maybe one day.

I don't see any point in me discussing my series idea either as it would probably read like fan fiction and that's not what I'm going for! I will say that it would borrow elements of Stargate SG-1 as well as Quantum Leap and if that doesn't appeal to you be thankful I haven't discussed by series idea in detail!

Haha. That's cool, but it would never happen. Ever. Not even if you managed to get into the business and become a top-level producer. The reason is that the series is protected. It's Tracy Tormé's show, his characters, his universe. Any attempt to copy it would be met with a lawsuit.

But that shouldn't stop you from writing out the stories and keeping them for yourself. ;-)

pferreira86

[18]Apr 25, 2010

RogerMarket wrote:

pferreira86 wrote:

Haha. That's cool, but it would never happen. Ever. Not even if you managed to get into the business and become a top-level producer. The reason is that the series is protected. It's Tracy Tormé's show, his characters, his universe. Any attempt to copy it would be met with a lawsuit.

But that shouldn't stop you from writing out the stories and keeping them for yourself. ;-)

Hmmm...well I'm not sure about Tracy Torme protecting the show. I mean after he left they continued to make the series without him, mostly against his wishes since he was kicked out by higher management. He didn't have control over anything that happened even while he was still working on the series so that's not a problem.

Like I say I have no illusions about how far I would get pitching a new Sliders series. There are a lot of hurdles to overcome like interest from Universal and a studio that would be willing to show it. Stranger things have happened although it does help that my idea is detailed with fleshed out characters. It's easier to pitch something when your idea is detailed. My idea is an option anyway. I definitely agree that I should get my ideas down on paper or computer before I forget everything.

Edited on 04/25/2010 5:52am

hapat

[19]Jun 3, 2010
    May as well give it a go, you never know.

Slider814

[20]Feb 10, 2011
    • level: 3

Any chances of having Logan show up in an episode or two?