Sliders Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

Post Traumatic Slide Syndrome?

BiZzZzaaR

[1]Oct 30, 2006
    • level: 5
    At the end of the episode when both the Arturos are fighting, one gets knocked down and the other slides. Right after the one Arturo slides, the other Says "Oh My God". Did they leave their arturo and take the one from that world? ive only watched seasons 1 and 2 and nothing has been said about it since. Does it ever come about again? Do they discover that it really isnt their Arturo?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SabotFox

[2]Oct 30, 2006
    • level: 42
    Unfortunately, this was one of many plots that just got dropped by the writers/producers/network. It would have been really cool to have seen this arc continued, but . . . well, Sliders did have some major story flaws.

baskok

[3]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 9

They could have brought him back after he died but unfortunately he was disappointed about the quality of the show so missed opportunity

pferreira86

[4]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 19
    According to Tracy Torme they were supposed to have taken the wrong Arturo but it was never followed up on.

baskok

[5]Feb 4, 2009
    It was disappointing, the back-door was open but john rhys davies closed it.

pferreira86

[6]Feb 5, 2009
    If he had been allowed to stay that back door would of been used.

cvjrbdjkasfi

[7]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 7
    The doppelganger slid.

baskok

[8]Mar 17, 2009
    We will never know for sure.

pferreira86

[9]Mar 17, 2009
    As long as the show can be brought back Tracy Torme will never spill the beans.
    Edited on 03/17/2009 7:24am

buffyjl

[10]Jul 7, 2009
    • level: 20
    So if the right 1 slid, why would the bad 1 say "Oh my God" ?
    Perhaps because the real Arturo took the special metal piece with him and without it, Badturo couldn't fake himself a Slider for the press.

pferreira86

[11]Jul 10, 2009
    buffyjl wrote:
    So if the right 1 slid, why would the bad 1 say "Oh my God" ? Perhaps because the real Arturo took the special metal piece with him and without it, Badturo couldn't fake himself a Slider for the press.
    It is thought by fans that the wrong Arturo slid. If Tracy Torme had been in control of the show through Season 3 he may of brought the real Arturo back.

buffyjl

[12]Jul 15, 2009

pferreira86 wrote:
    buffyjl wrote:
    So if the right 1 slid, why would the bad 1 say "Oh my God" ? Perhaps because the real Arturo took the special metal piece with him and without it, Badturo couldn't fake himself a Slider for the press.
    It is thought by fans that the wrong Arturo slid. If Tracy Torme had been in control of the show through Season 3 he may of brought the real Arturo back.

A big Sliders websiter met Cleavant Derricks at an autograph session and got an interview, where Cleavant told him the wrong Arturo slid. The main trouble I had with it is that Badturo was a scoundrel, raised to evil heights. Sure he could fake it, but him fooling the others for a whole year is tough to swallow.

On the other hand, it would mean Badturo died in Exodus 2, and Arturo would still be alive on Post-Traumatic world, so he can always return.

I guess my stance is, if they found a way for Arturo to return, I'd buy it.
    Until then, it makes more sense that Arturo slid and died, and Badturo didn't.

pferreira86

[13]Jul 16, 2009
    buffyjl wrote:

pferreira86 wrote:
    buffyjl wrote:

A big Sliders websiter met Cleavant Derricks at an autograph session and got an interview, where Cleavant told him the wrong Arturo slid. The main trouble I had with it is that Badturo was a scoundrel, raised to evil heights. Sure he could fake it, but him fooling the others for a whole year is tough to swallow.

On the other hand, it would mean Badturo died in Exodus 2, and Arturo would still be alive on Post-Traumatic world, so he can always return.

Wasn't Arturo's illness in Season 3 supposed to pave the way for the real Arturo being revealed?

buffyjl

[14]Jul 17, 2009
    pferreira86 wrote:
    buffyjl wrote:

pferreira86 wrote:
    buffyjl wrote:

Wasn't Arturo's illness in Season 3 supposed to pave the way for the real Arturo being revealed?

It's difficult to say what was 'supposed' to happen. Even if Tracy tells us his initial plans, so much changed (S3 Arturo was still written like the real Arturo) plus he died without saying otherwise.
    For him to have been Badturo, they would have had to discover it before his death, imo.

Of course, the possibilities were there:

Badturo could have faked his illness and set up the voicemail so Quinn would find out. All in a ploy to get them to slide without him.

-Why? That world obviously had technology (we saw the medical scanner) so maybe he felt he knew enough about sliding now to build his own machine.

-Why didn't he just abandon them?
    Since the Post Traumatic world was extremely similar to Earth Prime, we can consider Badturo was very much like Arturo and had indeed been a nice guy before (until he turned bad in that episode). Perhaps sliding with them made him good again and he didn't want to hurt them with the truth about real Arturo. Maybe he planned to make his own timer, slide home, then reunite Arturo with them.

-Why did Badturo stay with them? He really cared for Quinn now and saw how hurt Quinn would be if he left. Besides, building his own timer was still a risky choice.

-This would also explain why he didn't believe the healer could heal him, on the Desert Storm world. Because he was never really sick!

-It would also explain why he said "I can see!" twice in the S3 premier 'Rules of the Game'. We know Badturo was a slave to fame, so when nobody heard him the 1st time, he repeated himself cause he was still an attention hog!

pferreira86

[15]Jul 21, 2009
    Hmmm. It doesn't matter what world you're on, every Arturo is capable of being sneaky. Ha, ha!

hapat

[16]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 14
    Yeah I would say the wrong one slide and all along had some big scheme.

Heck they should just completely write off season 3-5 saying it took place in their heads or a dream or some other stupid crap and go back to the end of two. That way they can actually continue with the stroy ideas they were setting up. I'd buy it no problem, mostly because it sucked balls for the most part, after the frist 2 seasons anyway, so why not just forget about it.

buffyjl

[17]Jul 29, 2009

hapat wrote:
    Yeah I would say the wrong one slide and all along had some big scheme. Heck they should just completely write off season 3-5 saying it took place in their heads or a dream or some other stupid crap and go back to the end of two. That way they can actually continue with the stroy ideas they were setting up. I'd buy it no problem, mostly because it sucked balls for the most part, after the frist 2 seasons anyway, so why not just forget about it.

How about just saying that most of the show took place in, i dunno, a parallel universe or something!

Like Parallel worlds that they could slide to!!

hapat

[18]Jul 30, 2009
    • level: 14
    Hey I'd be all for it if they could bring back the original four and start from say the end of season 2.

baskok

[19]Jul 30, 2009

Maybe an episode where the group Quin, Colin, Maggie and Rembrand meet up with the original group Quin, Wade, Rembrand, Arturo. They enter the same parallel earth and need to work together to escape from a deserted planet that has had a nuclear fallout. Then we'd finally be rid of those ( i'm so boring,Colin ) ( taking my clothes of for no reason,Maggie ) B-actors.

Maybe one of the timers could be damaged and the sliders need to decide who can slide away. Wade can kick Maggie's ass and Colin could get a kick in the .... We al know who we'd like to see!

pferreira86

[20]Jul 31, 2009
    hapat wrote:
    Yeah I would say the wrong one slide and all along had some big scheme. Heck they should just completely write off season 3-5 saying it took place in their heads or a dream or some other stupid crap and go back to the end of two. That way they can actually continue with the stroy ideas they were setting up. I'd buy it no problem, mostly because it sucked balls for the most part, after the frist 2 seasons anyway, so why not just forget about it.
    I've always felt that the Sliders we see during Seasons 3-5 aren't the real Sliders but doubles. They just don't act the same.