Sliders Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

Post Traumatic Slide Syndrome?

hapat

[21]Aug 4, 2009
    • level: 14
    Yeah that could work with the whole two groups meeting. There are lots of way to bring them back, don't suspect it will ever happen, but you never know.

Yeah they do act way different, they all act almost stupider and boring, compared to the first two seasons. That was the time when they copied b movie after b movie, so probably due to whoever the stupid writers were at the time messing everything up. God how can anyone write such garbage and think it's good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

baskok

[22]Aug 5, 2009
    • level: 9

They've let go of interesting worlds where women wear the pants. Reminded me of how bad we man can get. No career chances for man. objectifying man by women. Or the world where the young ruled.

Season three, zombies, tremors, island of dr moreau and mad max rip offs . Law suit anyone?

hapat

[23]Aug 6, 2009
    Yeah most shows if they rip off a movie, it's usually only once a season. This show had almost a whole season of movie rip offs, that's just pathetic.

They had many fresh ideas the first two seasons but it just went to crap after that.

baskok

[24]Aug 7, 2009

Season three felt different then before. Much more brainless action. When I ordered season one, two and three. I watched the first episode of season three. Just because I could'nt wait for the first two seasons to be dropped in my mailbox.

Huh? I thought this show was much more clever then this! A world where people signed up for a big game where you could get killed? If you win then you win a large some of money. The gang ended up in a airplane or was it a flight simulator? They we're trapped in a neighbourhood and had to get out of their alive. It seemed a Little bit far-fetched and easy.

Then the show I remembered came to my door. Youth sentiment!

pferreira86

[25]Aug 7, 2009
    • level: 18

The only five good episodes from Season 3:

Double Cross

The Guardian

Prince of Slides

Dead Man Sliding

Season Greedings

Now you know you're in trouble when one of the best episodes is a Christmas one. As for ripping off movies I thought it was so funny that the actress who played Maggie starred in an episode that ripped off Anaconda which she was in!

hapat

[26]Aug 10, 2009
    Yeah there may have been 5 good episodes in season 3. It was alot of mindless writing, but then it's not hard to rip off something someone else already wrote.

baskok

[27]Aug 11, 2009
    Oh yeah they were chased by a snake. Incredibly bad. A snake! It was a world where cafeine was illegal. Was that the episode where they slid of a airplane?

pferreira86

[28]Aug 13, 2009
    I believe that particular episode occured in Season 4.
    Edited on 01/03/2010 6:30am
    Edited 2 total times.

NimfasCorp

[29]Dec 30, 2009
    • level: 2

I definately disagree with "Dead Man Sliding". That was just a horrible episode.

I think "Rules of the Game" was pretty decent, even if it was a far cry from the original plot. The best episodes were IMHO "Double Cross", "The Guardian" and "The Exodus". The last one has some flaws, but it was a great drama. "Season's Greedings" was also nice, but it had some cliches, and I never liked the agressive action hero Quinn. "Prince of Slides" and "Murder Most Foul" were also decent, the latter was written by the Peckerhead himself, probably the only good thing he ever contributed to this show.

So that makes 8 good/decent episodes (if we count Exodus as 2) out of the 23, it's still a pisspoor record. The show became unwatchable for the third half. 4th season was better, but the end it turned into a failure again with too much Peckerhead. I pretend the 5th season doesn't exist.

pferreira86

[30]Jan 3, 2010
    NimfasCorp wrote:

I definately disagree with "Dead Man Sliding". That was just a horrible episode.

I think "Rules of the Game" was pretty decent, even if it was a far cry from the original plot. The best episodes were IMHO "Double Cross", "The Guardian" and "The Exodus". The last one has some flaws, but it was a great drama. "Season's Greedings" was also nice, but it had some cliches, and I never liked the agressive action hero Quinn. "Prince of Slides" and "Murder Most Foul" were also decent, the latter was written by the Peckerhead himself, probably the only good thing he ever contributed to this show.

So that makes 8 good/decent episodes (if we count Exodus as 2) out of the 23, it's still a pisspoor record. The show became unwatchable for the third half. 4th season was better, but the end it turned into a failure again with too much Peckerhead. I pretend the 5th season doesn't exist.

Rules of the Game was exactly the type of episode I think the series didn't need. It was exactly what went wrong with Sliders. Dead Man Sliding and Prince of Slides were perfectly good episodes but both ruined by their last five minutes. Oh well...Murder Most Foul took place in it's own mini little world of logic so to this day I still can't figure out whether it's a good episode or not.

hapat

[31]Jan 5, 2010
    I consider it decent if it wasn't a movie rip off, that counts what 3 maybe 4 episodes. Then 4 or 5 good ones and that is it. 5 should have never existed and the last half of three should be burn, stabbed, mammed and chucked into the bottom of the deepest part of the ocean.

baskok

[32]Jan 6, 2010
    The exodus episode was the real downfall of sliders. Maybe I could have forgiven them if they stopped using movie ripoffs but killing of the professor in that way pissed me off. But as I said before, I think john rhys davies left the show because of the poor quality of the 3 RD season.

pferreira86

[33]Jan 10, 2010
    baskok wrote:
    The exodus episode was the real downfall of sliders. Maybe I could have forgiven them if they stopped using movie ripoffs but killing of the professor in that way pissed me off. But as I said before, I think john rhys davies left the show because of the poor quality of the 3 RD season.
    I'm not sure if I mentioned this before in a previous post but he didn't choose to leave, Fox Network fired him for constantly complaining about the poor Season 3 scripts. Personally, I think that's what the other three actors should of been doing as well!

baskok

[34]Jan 11, 2010

Or was it that they thought I'm finally on TV so let's stay quite and just go further. But on the other hand Wade and quin did leave the show.

When Cleavant derrick took over the role as : What if you could travel to other dimensions other worlds and there's no way back?

That's not his role! He was the guy that made funny remarks or acted nervous around trouble. But he changed a bit after his capture by the ( n>z>) maggs.

pferreira86

[35]Jan 17, 2010
    baskok wrote:

Or was it that they thought I'm finally on TV so let's stay quite and just go further. But on the other hand Wade and quin did leave the show.

When Cleavant derrick took over the role as : What if you could travel to other dimensions other worlds and there's no way back?

That's not his role! He was the guy that made funny remarks or acted nervous around trouble. But he changed a bit after his capture by the ( n>z>) maggs.

I agree on everything you've just said!

hapat

[36]Feb 3, 2010
    Yeah they were idiots for firing the Prof, should have listened to his complaints because he was right every time. They were crap. If the others had any guts and stood up sooner maybe we would have had a better show in the last half.

baskok

[37]Feb 4, 2010
    Or we're they too afraid of their own jobs?

pferreira86

[38]Feb 8, 2010
    With the third season Sliders as a TV show was finally being given a chance to be put in the limelight. Fox could promote the series more as it now had more control while for many viewers they were seeing Sliders for the first time. I guess the other actors wanted the series to succeed not just for the network but for there own careers so they're not likely going to complain and risk a bad reputation.

hapat

[39]Feb 11, 2010
    Didn't hurt his reputation any. He went on to make a good prob 20-50 million dollars for the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. The others that didn't complain have done what? A whole lot of nothing. Been in a show here and there whoopi, nothing really substantial. See if all four would have stood up to stupid Fox or whoever at the time, then we would have had a much better show or at the very least not have to had watched some horrible junk that they gave us at the end.

baskok

[40]Feb 14, 2010
    I enjoyed the t.rex (no Jurassic park but it was scary as a kid) on the planet where the exodus people had to live. but I think the only one that said anything about the poor quality was john rhys davies. Sabrina was the next to go. I personally think that she wanted to quit much sooner. And then Quin. Replacing him with a so called double was the worst decision ever.