Sliders Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

Post Traumatic Slide Syndrome?

pferreira86

[41]Feb 14, 2010
    • level: 18

hapat wrote:
    Didn't hurt his reputation any. He went on to make a good prob 20-50 million dollars for the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. The others that didn't complain have done what? A whole lot of nothing. Been in a show here and there whoopi, nothing really substantial. See if all four would have stood up to stupid Fox or whoever at the time, then we would have had a much better show or at the very least not have to had watched some horrible junk that they gave us at the end.
    No it didn't hurt his reputation but for everyone else they either didn't want to risk gaining a reputation for being impossible to work with and they probably didn't understand how the series should be to have a strong enough opinion to voice. They're just happy to be back! If only they had shown a bit more bravery and backed Rhys-Davies.

As for Sabrina Lloyd she left partly due to John Rhys-Davies leaving the series but also due to being offered probably what she considered a better role with Sports Night. There wasn't exactly great storylines keeping her around. There are some reports that Lloyd left because of big disagreements with Kari Wuhrer but this has yet to be confirmed by anyone on the show.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

baskok

[42]Feb 17, 2010
    • level: 9

Perhaps the cast should have put their feet down. No fox this is not the way to continue this great sci fi show. Then john rhys would'nt have left in the way he did.

I haven't re-watched the fifth season. Do the sliders find Wade again? I can remember that she was in a maggot camp and that they left her behind.

pferreira86

[43]Feb 21, 2010
    baskok wrote:

Perhaps the cast should have put their feet down. No fox this is not the way to continue this great sci fi show. Then john rhys would'nt have left in the way he did.

I haven't re-watched the fifth season. Do the sliders find Wade again? I can remember that she was in a maggot camp and that they left her behind.

I haven't seen the episode but apparently in Requiem they find Wade as a head in a fish tank. A great way to please the fans. Still at least Sabrina Lloyd bothered to come back to do the voice. We should be grateful. Right?

As for the cast making a stand why do you think they demoted Tracy Torme to the role of 'creative consultant'. The network don't want people with control getting in the way of their vision of the show, which was an action adventure show that stole from movies of the year.

baskok

[44]Feb 22, 2010

I wish they've started thinking out of the box. there where society critic episodes. About the health-care system. The one where the men where underdogs. A racist world. Much more interesting ideas then trying to kill the tremors, zombies or the invertible N>Z> maggots.

But that's how it goes for most shows today. They can't sustain interest of the public when later seasons aren't more spectacular. This goes especially for sci fi or action series. Unbelievable twist like huh? that person was'nt his brother after all ( prison break) Wich only undermine the credibility of shows. When Quin found out that he was'nt the sun of the woman he was raised, it felt like the whole reason to get back home was gone. And then his brother was written in the show. Never seen a worse actor. Watching grass grow would be more interesting.

pferreira86

[45]Feb 28, 2010

Well the whole origin u-turn was David Peckinpah's idea to reboot the series for the Sci-Fi Channel. Charlie O'Connell joining the series was Jerry O'Connell's attempt to get his brother into acting.

baskok

[46]Mar 2, 2010

His brother did play a small role in one of the earlier seasons ( something about a world of magic, i think it was that dragon world ) But as far as acting goes he was just a C- categorie actor. I found his character very fitting some one who did'nt understood any of the modern worlds. I did'nt even think he had much trouble dealing with it. I would'nt wanna have given some one like that a role on a tv show just because of that fact that he was the less talented brother of jerry.

Edited on 03/02/2010 3:49am

pferreira86

[47]Mar 7, 2010

baskok wrote:

His brother did play a small role in one of the earlier seasons ( something about a world of magic, i think it was that dragon world ) But as far as acting goes he was just a C- categorie actor. I found his character very fitting some one who did'nt understood any of the modern worlds. I did'nt even think he had much trouble dealing with it. I would'nt wanna have given some one like that a role on a tv show just because of that fact that he was the less talented brother of jerry.

Charlie O'Connell's first appearance in Sliders was in the Season 2 episode As Time Goes By. He played Daelin's brother who's most memorable moment is doing a secret hand shake with Jerry when they first meet. I believe the purpose of the character was that he was helping free Quinn's friends and Daelin's husband. I remember also he gets shot but we don't know it he survived or not.

buffyjl

[48]Aug 9, 2010
    • level: 20

pferreira86 wrote:
    baskok wrote:

I haven't seen the episode but apparently in Requiem they find Wade as a head in a fish tank. A great way to please the fans. Still at least Sabrina Lloyd bothered to come back to do the voice. We should be grateful. Right?

I was very grateful for Sabrina coming back for that ep. I'm sure she didn't do it for the small money, she prolly did it for the fans. Definitely 1 of the best episodes in terms of character as well as the fundamental science fiction of sliding.

Awesome!

buffyjl

[49]Aug 9, 2010

pferreira86 wrote:

Well the whole origin u-turn was David Peckinpah's idea to reboot the series for the Sci-Fi Channel. Charlie O'Connell joining the series was Jerry O'Connell's attempt to get his brother into acting.

It definitely pumped some new excitement into the show, and Colin was such a great character. Unfortunatley, his value was didminished by not having him in S5, but what can you do?

pferreira86

[50]Aug 15, 2010

buffyjl wrote:

pferreira86 wrote:
    baskok wrote:

I was very grateful for Sabrina coming back for that ep. I'm sure she didn't do it for the small money, she prolly did it for the fans. Definitely 1 of the best episodes in terms of character as well as the fundamental science fiction of sliding.

Awesome!

But I don't think the fans were happy with her outcome. Foot in mouth

buffyjl

[51]Sep 21, 2010

pferreira86 wrote:

buffyjl wrote:

pferreira86 wrote:
    baskok wrote:

Awesome!

But I don't think the fans were happy with her outcome. Foot in mouth

Yah, but with so little of the show left, it was either that or nothing. For me her invovlvement and some closure was far better than the outcome.

Plus, it's sci-fi so there's alot of ways she could have returned after that. I had a premise for it but never wrote the fan fiction.

Slider814

[52]Feb 13, 2011
    • level: 3

It's too bad they never made any more episodes with Logan.

pferreira86

[53]Feb 20, 2011

The network didn't see the potential in the character so the writers had to forget about her appearing again.

Edited on 02/20/2011 9:22am

buffyjl

[54]Aug 8, 2011

pferreira86 wrote:

The network didn't see the potential in the character so the writers had to forget about her appearing again.

That's so annoying, who hires these network douche-bags!!

Logan's return would have been amazing! She would have made a better recurring villain than Foolonel Rickman.

pferreira86

[55]Aug 14, 2011

buffyjl wrote:

pferreira86 wrote:

That's so annoying, who hires these network douche-bags!!

Rupert Murdoch? Tongue out

Edited on 08/14/2011 9:05am

MichaelSpinel

[56]Sep 26, 2011
    • level: 2

they should make a movie on that 1 ? they go back to that world and get the right one

pferreira86

[57]Oct 9, 2011

MichaelSpinel wrote:

they should make a movie on that 1 ? they go back to that world and get the right one

Or maybe Fox Network could pull some money together and create a time machine. They could then allow Tracy Torme to go back in time and undo the mess the network started. Now that could be a fun Sliders movie. Sealed

ChipsTheButler

[58]Dec 5, 2011
    Oops, I just farted.

pferreira86

[59]Jan 2, 2012

ChipsTheButler wrote:
    Oops, I just farted.
    See, in itself it's a great idea!

You know my friend went to a comic book convention recently and they had the Back to the Future Delorean on show. For £6.00 you could sit inside the car for two minutes topose fora picture. When he told me that I replied that the next time he gets that opportunity he should just drive off with the car, set the time co-ordinates for 1996 USA and go back to stop Fox messing with Sliders. I mean the car had fuel, it only needed some scraps for Mr Fusion. Tongue out

MichaelSpinel

[60]Feb 25, 2012
    • level: 2

that would make a good movie idea to go back and get the right one