Sliders Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

Season 1 Episodic Order

SabotFox

[1]May 29, 2006
    • level: 42

Most of us are already aware that FOX aired the episodes for Season 1 out of order.  (The first of many strategic decisions that would kill this show)  I think it's odd that the DVD release didn't fix this order, but I guess it doesn't really matter, except for the "Summer of Love/The Prince of Wails" ending arc that for some inexplicable reason got swapped by the network.  For newcomers to the forum, here's a quick list of the correct order for the episodes:

83535 “Pilot”
    70401 “Summer of Love”
    70403 “The Prince of Wails”
    70402 “Fever”
    70404 “Last Days”
    70406 “The Weaker Sex”
    70405 “Eggheads”
    70408 “The King is Back”
    70409 “Luck of the Draw”

Edited on 07/03/2006 10:20am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

McFrips

[2]Jun 29, 2006
    • level: 5

Are you sure? Because the Production codes suggest a slightly different order, still different from Fox's decision. Its understandable that the production code may not be the intented air order, but most of the time it seems as though it is.

1 - # 83535 - Pilot P1
    2 - # 83535 - Pilot P2
    6 - # 70401 - Summer Of Love
    3 - # 70402 - Fever
    5 - # 70403 - The Prince of Wails
    4 - # 70404 - Last Days
    7 - # 70405 - Eggheads
    8 - # 70406 - The Weaker Sex
    9 - # 70408 - The King is Back
    10 - # 70409 - Luck of the Draw

Luckily they actually aired the pilot first, unlike poor Firefly...!
    Edited on 06/29/2006 7:52pm
    Edited 2 total times.

2crour93

[3]Jul 3, 2006
    • level: 8
    The correct order is:

83535 “Pilot”
    70401 “Summer of Love”
    70402 “Fever”
    70404 “Last Days”
    70406 “The Weaker Sex”
    70405 “Eggheads”
    70408 “The King is Back”
    70409 “Luck of the Draw”

Creator Tracy Torme said this was the original production order, although I realise the production numbers don’t match exactly.

SabotFox

[4]Jul 3, 2006
    2crour93 wrote:
    The correct order is:

83535 “Pilot”
    70401 “Summer of Love”
    70402 “Fever”
    70404 “Last Days”
    70406 “The Weaker Sex”
    70405 “Eggheads”
    70408 “The King is Back”
    70409 “Luck of the Draw”

Creator Tracy Torme said this was the original production order, although I realise the production numbers don’t match exactly.

Thanks, I'll go ahead and fix my original posting to reflect this. Appreciate the correction.

Darth_Dave

[5]Jul 14, 2006
    • level: 20

Why does Fox always screw up the episode order of great shows they did the same with Firefly.

Weren't seasons 2 and 3's episode orders also changed by Fox? Does anybody have the intended order for both those seasons, I much prefer to watch the episodes in there intended order.
    Edited on 07/15/2006 8:29am
    Edited 2 total times.

SabotFox

[6]Jul 15, 2006
    Darth_Dave wrote:
    Why does Fox always screw up the episode order of great shows they did the same with Firefly.

Weren't seasons 2 and 3's episode orders also changed by Fox? Does anybody have the intended order for both those seasons, I much prefer to watch the episodes in there intended order.

I think that in terms of seasons 2 and 3, the order wasn't so much changed as the content within, so the airdate order is as close to the actual order as you're going to get. . . .

Let me check on that, though.

2crour93

[7]Jul 18, 2006
    • level: 8
    To learn about all things Sliders, including the correct episode order, visit http://www.earthprime.com/

Fragem666

[8]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 1
    I heard in orginal season 3, wade and quinn were suppose to show romantic feelings against each other, but the execs didn't like it and tried to pair him with maggie.

cvjrbdjkasfi

[9]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 7
    Season 2 episodes were moved around- for example, the dinosaur episode was brought forwards because Fox thought it would draw a large audience- however it is based after 'post traumatic slide syndrome'

pferreira86

[10]Dec 8, 2008
    cvjrbdjkasfi wrote:
    Season 2 episodes were moved around- for example, the dinosaur episode was brought forwards because Fox thought it would draw a large audience- however it is based after 'post traumatic slide syndrome'
    Yeah, another example was The Young And The Relentless which was originally the last episode of Season 2. Coming after Invasion it was supposed to include a scene where the Kromaggs followed the Sliders. I'm not sure if the scene was shot but it was in the script for The Young And The Relentless. When the episodes were moved around those two switched places so the scene wasn't needed anymore.

baskok

[11]Jan 31, 2009
    • level: 9

Wasn't the young and relentless that world where everybody worked till they were about thirty and older people were discriminated?

Quins double was murdered so Quin took his place at the wishes of the wife of the double. they later found out that she killed the double.

pferreira86

[12]Feb 2, 2009
    baskok wrote:

Wasn't the young and relentless that world where everybody worked till they were about thirty and older people were discriminated?

Quins double was murdered so Quin took his place at the wishes of the wife of the double. they later found out that she killed the double.

Yes, that's the one I mentioned.

lare84

[13]May 4, 2009
    • level: 38
    I don't think it was really that important, it just seemed weird that the transitions were a bit jumbled.

baskok

[14]May 5, 2009

A certain episode didn't have much to do with the one before. But in the second pilot episode Quin saw his suposedly dead father so he knew that this was the wrong dimension. And the next episode they where somewhere else completely. So they slid further and we onely get to see the more interesting stories.

It's sloppy that there were episodical order mistakes. Even on the DVD's.

pferreira86

[15]May 7, 2009
    baskok wrote:

A certain episode didn't have much to do with the one before. But in the second pilot episode Quin saw his suposedly dead father so he knew that this was the wrong dimension. And the next episode they where somewhere else completely. So they slid further and we onely get to see the more interesting stories.

It's sloppy that there were episodical order mistakes. Even on the DVD's.

I tell you something that's sloppy. In the UK the BBC had to edit Fever because it was too creepy for the time slot (6.45pm). The network couldn't be bothered to do it fast enough and so they ended up showing the episode the week after Luck of the Draw was shown. What?! Where's Ryan? Has Quinn recovered from his injury? What's going on? Don't worry guys, being the budding new Sliders fan that I was I knew Fever was supposed to be from earlier in the season but it must have been confusing for some.

baskok

[16]May 8, 2009
    On the dvd's that I own fever is the episode after the two pilot episodes. ( luck of the draw ) Consistency is what's important even if the episodes don't seem to be matching. Was fever really that scary for that particular time slot?

pferreira86

[17]May 8, 2009
    baskok wrote:
    On the dvd's that I own fever is the episode after the two pilot episodes. ( luck of the draw ) Consistency is what's important even if the episodes don't seem to be matching. Was fever really that scary for that particular time slot?
    I watched Fever uncut for the first time some years ago on DVD and from a censorship point of view Wade's hallucinations do get a bit frightening at one point.
    Edited on 05/08/2009 6:13am

baskok

[18]May 8, 2009
    What a trouble she was in when she kissed that man on the cheek. He was saying: why did you do that? Apparently it was frightening for kids at times. On my DVD's the so called appropriate age is above six.

pferreira86

[19]May 12, 2009
    Today they might let it go or if they're showing it on the BBC they'd show it after 9.00pm.

baskok

[20]May 14, 2009

You would'nt believe what they showed here in Holland at early evening time slots. Years back a version of big brother where people where sitting in a hot tub without there clothes on. I agree with you that the age group should be protected from that. But it's frustrating when they switch around episodes.