Sliders Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

Season 1 Episodic Order

pferreira86

[21]May 15, 2009
    • level: 17
    baskok wrote:

You would'nt believe what they showed here in Holland at early evening time slots. Years back a version of big brother where people where sitting in a hot tub without there clothes on. I agree with you that the age group should be protected from that. But it's frustrating when they switch around episodes.

Or ban them! In the UK an episode of Star Trek: TNG was banned because it contained references to the IRA. I don't believe the episode has ever been shown but at least you can watch it on DVD.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

baskok

[22]May 17, 2009
    • level: 9

Sometimes they refer to situations in our past, but it's not that clear usually. In sliders they made fun of the health system in the USA. Fever orthe episode in the Fourth season where people where cloned for parts. Only the rich could pay for that, average people selled there own body-parts for money and food but they weren't needed after the cloning. Arturo also said to Rembrandt : there is one constant in all of those dimensions. Rembrand: yeah the health-system seems to be crap in every dimension.

Talking about Rembrandt. remember the racially divided world where the second world war did'nt happen. Rembrand was arrested by neo n>zis. I felt really uncomfortable. Or in season one the world dominated by women. Didn't realize we men could be so bad. Quin had an argument with wade if she ever felt held back because of her gender. Later the storylines where a lot simpler. Shoot the zombies.

Edited on 05/17/2009 3:15am

pferreira86

[23]May 20, 2009
    baskok wrote:

Sometimes they refer to situations in our past, but it's not that clear usually. In sliders they made fun of the health system in the USA. Fever orthe episode in the Fourth season where people where cloned for parts. Only the rich could pay for that, average people selled there own body-parts for money and food but they weren't needed after the cloning. Arturo also said to Rembrandt : there is one constant in all of those dimensions. Rembrand: yeah the health-system seems to be crap in every dimension.

Talking about Rembrandt. remember the racially divided world where the second world war did'nt happen. Rembrand was arrested by neo n>zis. I felt really uncomfortable. Or in season one the world dominated by women. Didn't realize we men could be so bad. Quin had an argument with wade if she ever felt held back because of her gender. Later the storylines where a lot simpler. Shoot the zombies.

Yeah, so much for good storylines which Season 1 had many of.

baskok

[24]May 20, 2009

The change began with the 3 rd season for reasons I expressed so may times that it does 'nt add anything new to the discussion.

I'm considering to stop typing in this sliders forum all together.

buffyjl

[25]Jul 7, 2009
    • level: 20

Now that sounds like an episode idea!

The Sliders land on a world with degrading society and no tv. Ever.
    People are entertained by stories written on forums, but Wade meets an old man who stopped writing long ago. Turns out he's still full of ideas and Arturo feels a kinship and convinces him older men can still contribute to society.

So the man starts writing again and society is saved.

After they slide away, he starts a new story called "The Sliders" and everyone loves it!

pferreira86

[26]Jul 10, 2009
    buffyjl wrote:

People are entertained by stories written on forums, but Wade meets an old man who stopped writing long ago. Turns out he's still full of ideas and Arturo feels a kinship and convinces him older men can still contribute to society.

After they slide away, he starts a new story called "The Sliders" and everyone loves it!

And it probably would of been better than anything in Season 3, 4 and 5!

buffyjl

[27]Jul 15, 2009
    pferreira86 wrote:
    buffyjl wrote:

And it probably would of been better than anything in Season 3, 4 and 5!

Oh come on now, there were some great eps there!

The S4 premier 'Genesis' brought Sliders back to the science fiction possibilities it was meant for!
    Quinn finiding his brother really re-opened the door to how relative worlds are!
    And convincing that writer to continue writing and save society was great! ...oh wait, that was just an idea, Tee-Hee!

pferreira86

[28]Jul 16, 2009
    Yeah but we find out that Quinn isn't even from our home world. That's a bit too much for me and many other fans.

buffyjl

[29]Jul 17, 2009
    pferreira86 wrote:
    Yeah but we find out that Quinn isn't even from our home world. That's a bit too much for me and many other fans.

Really?
    Wow! For me it was 1 of the greatest moments of the show. If he'd abandoned hope for Earth prime, I'd understand it being too much, but it was still his home cause he grew up there and she was still his mother.

The immediate goal became finding his brother and slider-parents, but the end game was still to save Earth Prime from the Kromaggs.

pferreira86

[30]Jul 21, 2009
    I know I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to the show but the main goal of Sliders was always to find Earth Prime. That in my opinion should of been the only goal for the characters. Take that away and the show starts to feel contrived.

buffyjl

[31]Jul 28, 2009

pferreira86 wrote:
    I know I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to the show but the main goal of Sliders was always to find Earth Prime. That in my opinion should of been the only goal for the characters. Take that away and the show starts to feel contrived.

You can only do the 'Find our way home' theme for so long. I feel if the original cast and writers stayed, the show would have ended after 5 seasons if their mission hadn't expanded.
    I believe even the core fans would take it for granted if it didn't evolve.

baskok

[32]Jul 30, 2009

The Invasion storyline was different, the first introduction of the kromaggs. At first i thought ALIENS, not again on a sci fi show! I liked them a lot more then those n.z.s wannabees. The original ones had some mystery about them and they did'nt speak.

They did show earth prime in one particular episode with a oracle Quin who could send them home but we al know what happened. They had limited time there and had to decide if this was home. Quin's frontgate did't squeak. ( Gardener put oil on it ) In the early episodes the police was investigating their disappearance.

pferreira86

[33]Jul 31, 2009
    buffyjl wrote:

pferreira86 wrote:

You can only do the 'Find our way home' theme for so long. I feel if the original cast and writers stayed, the show would have ended after 5 seasons if their mission hadn't expanded.
    I believe even the core fans would take it for granted if it didn't evolve.

But there were a lot of worlds. It might have taken them forever to find their own so while I have nothing against the show evolving the central goal of the show should of stayed. The character of Quinn shouldn't of been changed either.

suzy3852

[34]Dec 30, 2011
    • level: 3

I really don't care how it was in order as long as I was able to watch this show. And also saw it online without it being out of order or commercials. Its good to have the internet these days!!!!

Edited on 12/30/2011 2:33am