Sliders Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

Season 5 too adult

archangelwho

[1]Nov 10, 2012
    • level: 19

I was already growing tired of Slider in season 4 for reasons already posted. When I read the make of of season 5 I just gave up on the show. After reading some of the posts here about season 5 I decided to watch it on Netflix this pass summer. I had not watched any Sliders since the 1st run of season 4. From what I remember from season 1-4 I was thinking about watching it with by kids who are sci-fi fans. Since The Sarah Jane Adventures went off the air there is little sci-fi that you can watch with the kids. It seem that they try to make season 5 too adult. I do not remember the sex or the profanity in season 1-4. I feel that I need to rewatch 1-4 before I watch them with my kids. Also I have never understood why so many believe that sex and profanity will save a dying show. I can not think of one time that sex and profanity has saved a show.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pferreira86

[2]Nov 11, 2012

Desperate for new viewers.

archangelwho

[3]Nov 11, 2012

pferreira86 wrote:

Desperate for new viewers.

Do you think it hurted the show with the old fans or like me had too many already left?

pferreira86

[4]Nov 18, 2012

In my opinion the show was for the family during the first couple of seasons. From Season 3 onwards the show became childish. The increase in adult values was a conscientious decision to boost the youth demographic by the network but it only made the whole thing totally unbelievable. The later seasons play out like episodes of Power Rangers. Not good.

archangelwho

[5]Dec 7, 2012

Another show that could have been so much if only. It make you wonder how do these people get the jobs they have and how they stay in. Does anyone take what the fans are saying into account?

pferreira86

[6]Dec 24, 2012

Yeah but the networks hardly ever listened to the fans. They were caught up in their own creative meddling to take notice.

archangelwho

[7]Jan 6, 2013

pferreira86 wrote:

Yeah but the networks hardly ever listened to the fans. They were caught up in their own creative meddling to take notice.

Like Congress?

DJWoodbine

[8]Jan 20, 2013
    • level: 4
    I still haven't watched a single episode of season 5, don't think I've even watched season 4. I absolutely loved season 1, 2 and half of 3. But I refuse to watch seasons 4 and 5 because I don't want to ruin the show for myself.

pferreira86

[9]Jan 20, 2013

DJWoodbine wrote:
    I still haven't watched a single episode of season 5, don't think I've even watched season 4. I absolutely loved season 1, 2 and half of 3. But I refuse to watch seasons 4 and 5 because I don't want to ruin the show for myself.
    It has to be watched one day but I know what you mean. Watch it and pretend it didn't happen.Sealed

archangelwho

[10]Jan 21, 2013

DJWoodbine wrote:

To be honest I wish I had never watched 4 & 5 myself. I waited years without watching 5 but broke down this past summer. I should have broke the TV instead.

DJWoodbine

[11]Jan 23, 2013
    • level: 4
    This might sound sad, but I like to think they all made it back to Earth Prime and the kromaggs didn't exist. So I'm happy not to watch season 4 and 5 because I like my version better lol.

pferreira86

[12]Jan 27, 2013

My theory is that the Sliders we're watching from the third season onwards are different Sliders who belong to a different Earth. That's why their characters act differently from this point onwards.

archangelwho

[13]Jan 27, 2013

pferreira86 wrote:

My theory is that the Sliders we're watching from the third season onwards are different Sliders who belong to a different Earth. That's why their characters act differently from this point onwards.

I like it!!! I'll going with that from now own. The whole kromaggs storyline killed the show for me.

pferreira86

[14]Mar 3, 2013

The Sliders of course met the Kromaggs but in Invasion. The Kromaggs from Season 4 are very different from that episode, very poor. So this also explains why I don't think its the same Sliders or Kromaggs. Considering there's no continuity link between Seasons 2 and 3 you can get away with my explanation.Laughing

Edited on 03/03/2013 12:36pm

archangelwho

[15]Mar 9, 2013

pferreira86 wrote:

The Sliders of course met the Kromaggs but in Invasion. The Kromaggs from Season 4 are very different from that episode, very poor. So this also explains why I don't think its the same Sliders or Kromaggs. Considering there's no continuity link between Seasons 2 and 3 you can get away with my explanation.Laughing

Agree 100%. It is just as if they lost focus of the story andwhen Jerry left they lost the show.

pferreira86

[16]Mar 10, 2013

I think David Peckinpah very much messed up the ongoing stories, probably under orders from the Sci-Fi Channel.

archangelwho

[17]Mar 14, 2013

pferreira86 wrote:

I think David Peckinpah very much messed up the ongoing stories, probably under orders from the Sci-Fi Channel.

How would you rate the Sci-Fi Channel overall handling sci-fi shows?

pferreira86

[18]Mar 17, 2013

archangelwho wrote:

pferreira86 wrote:

They cancelled Sliders even though the fifth season did well in ratings due to lack of money, they half-heartedly funded First Wave, they cancelled Farscape without any warning to put money into their newest acquisition Stargate SG-1 only to cancel that when the series should have ended with season 7, no further commitment towards Stargate Atlantis in terms of TV movies, cancelled Stargate Universe due to cold feet due to the fans, cancelled The Invisible Man after it's second season which apparently showed a lot of promise as a series, the list goes on...

Unless you're called Battlestar Galactica not very good.Yell

archangelwho

[19]Mar 29, 2013

Kind of make you wonder about the reason for the name of their network.

pferreira86

[20]Mar 31, 2013

Ah but who said Sci-Fi Channel makes sci-fi television? These days they make supernatural and horror series and as far as I'm aware those shows don't constitute as science-fiction.Wink