Sliders Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

Submission Guidelines

SabotFox

[1]Jul 3, 2006
    • level: 42

Just a few quick reminders to those happy few that are submitting blurbs for the Episode Guide.  Most of these are covered in the ToA, so these are just some briefs:

1) Notes are facts related to the production of the show, and include things like set design, tidbits about the producers and whatnot.

2) Trivia deals with bits about the episode itself.  These are for goofs in continuity or props, and some plot notes.  These plot bits will be accepted on a case-by-case basis, because most plot notes could be considered spoilers, or are obvious when you're watching the show.  For instance, don't send me a blurb saying "The Sliders exit through a blue vortex in this episode!"  That'll get rejected.  "First appearance of . . ." blurbs are generally okay, though.

3) Quotes: Do not use u tags or quotation marks.  And please try and pay attention to the close-captioning so I don't have to edit some off-the-wall submission.

4) Take care with your spelling and typos.  If you can, type up your blurb in MS Word or something before submitting it.  I've been nice enough to make corrections rather than just bounce everything back, but it'd help me save a little bit of time on the queue-processing.

Thanks!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SabotFox

[2]Jul 19, 2006
    I'm having to sort through a bunch of submissions where users are placing "Answers" or "Responses" to trivia or goofs noticed in the episodes. 9 times out of 10, there is no need for a response or an answer to a goof. If you feel the need to correct someone's submission, either mark it for deletion or rewrite their submission to include the additional information. If you want to discuss a bad piece of trivia or a common misconception, post it in here, not in the guide.

This will be the last time I correct this; next time, I'll have to outright reject it.

SabotFox

[3]Sep 30, 2006

Okay, new issue: Allusions.  If you see something in an episode that relates to some other form of media (be it a movie, book, character on another show, whatever), that goes in the allusions box.  Not Notes, not Trivia, not even Quotes, for goodness sakes.    I don't have a set standard for how I'd like to see Allusions, but make sure if you submit one that you don't just write something quick. (As in, "Saw something from another movie, think it was Terminator") and expect it to fly.  Instead, give me where you saw it in the episode and a short (but detailed) synopsis of what it refers to. 

If you have any questions about what will and will not be accepted, please remember that you can look at TV.com's guidelines for this sort of stuff.  Also, in relation to quotes, I am no longer accepting or correcting submissions that have the character's names spelled wrong.  If you can't get this right, it's getting bounced back.

cvjrbdjkasfi

[4]Oct 15, 2008
    • level: 7
    The Pilot has the first appearance of the blue vortex. FACT.