Sliders Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

What Killed Sliders For Me.

hapat

[61]Jan 8, 2009
    • level: 14
    haha but then it's a lot easier to just rename a movie, cut it down to 44 minutes and slap the Sliders credits onto it, then it is to be creative.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gremlins3

[62]Jan 13, 2009
    • level: 1
    i enjoyed season 1 2 n 3 okish, i actually thought season 4 was pretty good, but i'm half way though watching season five, so far its really really useless.

baskok

[63]Jan 31, 2009
    • level: 9

John rhys davies left the show because in a 2004 interview of the dvd collection jerry and cleavant talk about john ,as a person who spoke his mind, in a loud manor, when he had mentioned something, everyone knew about it.

At least he had the guts to complain about the poor quality of the later seasons. On the s3 exodus episode his brain fluids were sucked out by colonel ( the who, roger daltry) rickman. Making him talk like an idiot. That was just mean and a terrible way to leave the show. perhaps the bosses were kicking him out as hard as they could. Or john wanted to do it, to show how low the show sunked. Still i enjoyed watching the 3th and 4th season, because off nostalgia.

pferreira86

[64]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 17
    baskok wrote:

John rhys davies left the show because in a 2004 interview of the dvd collection jerry and cleavant talk about john ,as a person who spoke his mind, in a loud manor, when he had mentioned something, everyone knew about it.

At least he had the guts to complain about the poor quality of the later seasons. On the s3 exodus episode his brain fluids were sucked out by colonel ( the who, roger daltry) rickman. Making him talk like an idiot. That was just mean and a terrible way to leave the show. perhaps the bosses were kicking him out as hard as they could. Or john wanted to do it, to show how low the show sunked. Still i enjoyed watching the 3th and 4th season, because off nostalgia.

When John Rhys-Davies got fired at the time there was an interview with Tracy Torme where he said that he wasn't surprised John was asked to leave. It seems everyone knew about his outspokeness.

As for the Professor being killed by a member of the Who, at least he wasn't around to be chased by Neil Dickson aka Biggles! BIGGLES?! BIGGLES?! Do you want to be a hero? I certainly don't now...I'm sorry but I just can't understand this show's guest casting at times.

baskok

[65]Feb 3, 2009

And what about colin? jerry's brother had a small role in the episode into the mystic, the dragon world, i never understood why they picked him for a major role. it was like watching a amateur. in lipschitz live he played his double. a tough guy, rude and obnoxious and a so called ladies man. (in the characters mind then) i believe he used a new york accent. he was the weakest link in the 4th season. This is a case of :

jerry : give my brother a chance tormé !

tormé : that's an excellent idea we could get higher ratings with your brother in the show. Do you also have such a talented sister or cousin?

Jerry : he did ok in the into the mystic episode. he really blew everybody away!

tormé : (this show's going down for sure now) i'Le wright him into the show.

pferreira86

[66]Feb 3, 2009
    baskok wrote:

And what about colin? jerry's brother had a small role in the episode into the mystic, the dragon world, i never understood why they picked him for a major role. it was like watching a amateur. in lipschitz live he played his double. a tough guy, rude and obnoxious and a so called ladies man. (in the characters mind then) i believe he used a new york accent. he was the weakest link in the 4th season. This is a case of :

jerry : give my brother a chance tormé !

tormé : that's an excellent idea we could get higher ratings with your brother in the show. Do you also have such a talented sister or cousin?

Jerry : he did ok in the into the mystic episode. he really blew everybody away!

tormé : (this show's going down for sure now) i'Le wright him into the show.

It wasn't Torme's decision, he had quit by that point. It was David Peckinpah who made that decision. I've always felt that some of the crew and later cast members never really took the show seriously. It was about what was cool and hip rather than logical and well written. I guess it did turn into a kids show with Season 3.

baskok

[67]Feb 3, 2009
    So it was peckinpah. I get confused as to whom let this show go down. The worlds of season three were probably easier to understand then in 1 and 2. Because they were movie rip offs. As the season progressed the originality went downhill. Season one had a world dominated by the soviets. three, mad max desert world and zombies!!!! island of dr moreau!! i mean what the >>>> infinite worlds - infinite ideas in the perfect world.

pferreira86

[68]Feb 4, 2009
    And unfortunately John Rhys-Davies got fired for saying exactly what you just said on a regular basis!
    Edited on 02/04/2009 6:22am
    Edited 2 total times.

lare84

[69]May 4, 2009
    • level: 38
    They ruined it by letting John Rhys-Davies go, and mostly by kicking Sabrina Lloyd off the show. They had no clue what they were doing. Huge mistakes. Then the story got stupid with the Kromaggs and once they brought in O'Connell's lookalike brother the show was already dead.

baskok

[70]May 5, 2009
    It was dissapointing how the show changed for the worse.

pferreira86

[71]May 6, 2009
    The Sci-Fi Channel as well thought they were improving the show after Fox tampered with it but they only were making it worse.

hot_babe101

[72]May 11, 2009
    • level: 13
    when they got rid of original Quinn Mallory that was it

baskok

[73]May 11, 2009
    I know I didn't wan't to watch season 5 because of that change. I last saw season 5 in the nineties and could remember that he got a new appearance for some ridiculous reason.

hapat

[74]Jul 23, 2009
    I never even bother to watch season five. The second half of 3 was just so unbareable it wasn't funny. Movie rip off after movie rip off, I guess with Arturo gone they could do it without anyone complaining. God it was such a good show the first 2 years, then just went to **** fast. Got rid of Arturo then got rid of Wade and then Quinn. Just plain stupid. I could handle season 4, some episodes were way better than the last half of 3. But still it was nothing compared to season 1 and 2. Season 5 I couldn't bring myself to watch what so ever. If it came out on dvd i's prob wait until its cheap and buy it then watch the very last episode, but that be it.

It wouldn't be hard for them to bring the original four back and make a great show again. But I doubt it will ever happen.

baskok

[75]Jul 24, 2009
    I know as I said before the show turned for the worse when they killed of the main characters. Then the seasons we're quickly becoming less and lesser.

pferreira86

[76]Jul 26, 2009
    Once you get rid of your main actors you lose your audience. It can happen to any show, regardless of whether it's science-fiction.

hapat

[77]Jul 27, 2009
    Yeah but with this they could have done it in a way that got the shock effect of having say Arturo die and then have another Arturo travel with them.

But no once he died, all of a sudden there were no more Arturo's in any realities, no more Wade's, etc....stupid

baskok

[78]Jul 27, 2009
    And then we're back at post traumatic slide syndrome. Who slid away the real or the ( evil Arturo? )

hapat

[79]Jul 29, 2009
    Yeah would have been easy to bring him back, saying the evil one slid away and he was the one that died.

The real Arturo figured out how to slide and decided to do it hoping he'd somehow find Quinn or home, but instead got captured by the kromaggs. There he met back up with Wade, who the Kromags let slip was dead just so the group would stop looking for her.

Then Arturo rigs up a way to get word out that their alive. Quinn finds out and then him Remmie and maybe Maggie set out to save them. The eventually save them and the 4/5 of them set out once again. But what they have learned is that the plave they thought was Earth Prime under Kromag control, wasn't really and they were duped. Turns out Earth Prime has something special about it that the Kromags need to find it before they do, so they made the rouse that they captured it. So the 4/5 now set out once again to return home.

baskok

[80]Jul 30, 2009
    That's what I like about the show, possibility's's. They could have done that easily. Maybe at the end of the fourth season. Arturo back together with wade. Maybe Maggie getting shot by a kromagg. perfect continuation ain't it? the show could have lasted for a few more years and we finally get to see them home.