Sliders Forums

FOX (ended 2000)

Where would you Slide?

SabotFox

[1]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 42
    Let's say that Quinn has perfected his Sliding technology so that you can actually pick an alternate dimension to travel to.  What worlds would you like to see, either from the series or something you wanted to see?  (Obviously, you don't have to worry about such things as set design, show budget, or writer's opinions for this topic.) 
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Streeca

[2]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 15
    Corporte Gunslingers world could be nice, as a break from our world's beurocracy. The Sorcerer's world would be interesting, aspecially if i get Wade to accompany me. Not sure whether in the Prophets' world all talents are innate, but if they can actually teach you to be a prophet, then i'd like to go study there. Another place i'd like to visit is the first world where they landed in LA, just to see Diggs as a jamaican dreadlock rasta.
    And ofcourse, take Flamegirl with me, and hit the DreamMasters' world. About that, why do they call it "fmaleboy"? I think it's a girl, and i think she's cute.

Parsec54

[3]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 20
    I'm not exactly sure I'd want to visit any of the dimensions.  Each one seemed to be a place where something in society was just a little bit less than desirable, except for the one Quinn's double told him about in the first episode, the perfect world that he was always trying to find again.  Unfortunately, apparently, he never was able to locate it again.

Streeca

[4]Oct 20, 2006
    Parsec54 wrote:
    Each one seemed to be a place where something in society was just a little bit less than desirable
    Yeah, as opposed to our own, where most things are just completely whacked up.

Quinn34

[5]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 1
    I would slide to a world where the Germans won World War 2 and see what England is like under there rule.

Streeca

[6]Nov 19, 2006
    Wow, i'm all SORTS of dead in that one. :=O

D-LinkUK

[7]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 24
    I'd visit naked world 

Streeca

[8]Mar 15, 2007
    Oooh, forgot that one! Yeah, i'd visit it too, but only in the hottest of summers!

raistlinsghost

[9]Apr 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    I'd hit Naked World myself, but only after spending 6 months or so on Workout World so I could walk a little prouder.

JengoFett6

[10]Aug 29, 2007
    • level: 8
    I would probably go live in the lottery world in the episode "Luck Of The Draw"....for good. I mean, almost everything is perfect there, everyone's so kind, no hate, no racism, no pollution, no wars, need a car? There are three of them for anyone to borrow just around the corner. I mean, yeah, the lottery was there, but as professor said, think of all the wars and poverty, starvation and disease here partly due to our over population? Everyone who plays the lottery chooses it, and they are ultimately rewarded for doing so. As professor said, it's a terrible thing, but you just can't ignore the result. And I think that world was what Quinn's Double was talking about in the pilot. I mean, think, if Wade didn't win the lottery, our Quinn would have never found about this lottery, who's to say the double Quinn never found out? Thus, thinking that world was perfect. Again, the lottery is truely terrible, but there are countless things on our world that are so so so so so much worse. All I would have to do was not enter the lottery and I'd be fine. Every time I watch the episode featuring this world, I just keep thinking how much it would be pure paradise to live there.
    Edited on 08/28/2007 11:02pm

suplex2000

[11]Sep 2, 2007
    • level: 11
    JengoFett6 wrote:
    I would probably go live in the lottery world in the episode "Luck Of The Draw"....for good. I mean, almost everything is perfect there, everyone's so kind, no hate, no racism, no pollution, no wars, need a car? There are three of them for anyone to borrow just around the corner. I mean, yeah, the lottery was there, but as professor said, think of all the wars and poverty, starvation and disease here partly due to our over population? Everyone who plays the lottery chooses it, and they are ultimately rewarded for doing so. As professor said, it's a terrible thing, but you just can't ignore the result. And I think that world was what Quinn's Double was talking about in the pilot. I mean, think, if Wade didn't win the lottery, our Quinn would have never found about this lottery, who's to say the double Quinn never found out? Thus, thinking that world was perfect. Again, the lottery is truly terrible, but there are countless things on our world that are so so so so so much worse. All I would have to do was not enter the lottery and I'd be fine. Every time I watch the episode featuring this world, I just keep thinking how much it would be pure paradise to live there.

I'd have to say I agree with you completely on what you said. Just stay away from the lottery and you will be fine. I can't remember exactly but wasn't there a sign that apples were like 9 cents a pound or something? You could get a job stocking shelves, pumping gas, or any minimum wage job and completely support yourself, even buy a house!

You would never have to stress or worry about the future. There is one thing I would do though, lets say I lived into my 90's and I had no family left and felt terribly lonely all the time and was starting to fail, I would just play the lottery and have my time come up peacefully.

JengoFett6

[12]Sep 3, 2007
    • level: 8
    Yeah, I believe it was 12 apples for a quarter! Fantastic! Hey, why hasn't anyone replied to my new sliders topic? "Have you ever thought about" ???

Slider814

[13]Feb 14, 2011
    • level: 3

I'd have say that world with the docile Kromaggs.

ChipsTheButler

[14]Jun 25, 2011
    • level: 9
    I would slide into a pool. The local pool has slides.

pferreira86

[15]Jun 26, 2011
    • level: 18

ChipsTheButler wrote:
    Everyone's a joker! Undecided

ChipsTheButler

[16]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 9
    pferreira86 wrote:

ChipsTheButler wrote:

You're not.

pferreira86

[17]Jul 10, 2011
    • level: 18

ChipsTheButler wrote:
    pferreira86 wrote:

ChipsTheButler wrote:

You're not.
    Thanks. Wink