Sliders

The King Is Back

Aired Unknown May 10, 1995 on FOX

• The sliders land on a world where Rembrant is as famous as Elvis and has now returned from the dead.

The sliders leave their latest world in a hurry when they break Quinn out of a court house where he has just been sentenced to death for spray-painting. They arrive in paradise...or at least in Rembrant's idea of paradise.

For the sliders have arrived on a world where Rembrant "Crying Man" Brown had hit the height of fame before disappearing, presumed dead. Many fans had not believed the news about his death and in the same way that our world has those who believe Elvis will return, in this world there are fans who believe Rembrant will come back. And now he has.

Spotted immediately Rembrant and the other sliders take cover in the Motel 12 whilst the fans and media go crazy over the Crying Man's return from the dead.

Deciding to take on his double's identity Rembrant has the chance to experience the fame he had never achieved on his home world.

But not everyone is pleased to see him return. Maurice Fish, a disgruntled Spinning Top kidnaps Rembrant in order to get him to sign a confession that he had stolen his songs from himself.

The sliders track down their friend with the help of vanity plates and the Crying Man who really had faked his own death in order to leave the world of fame behind and lead a normal life.

With a comeback concert on the night of their slide Rembrant must make the choice about whether to stay on this world and live his dream, or whether to continue the search for their home world.

An excellent episode and my personal favourite "Rembrant" episode.

It is my favourite of the first series and a true classic...at least in my opinion.