Sliders

Virtual Slide

Aired Unknown Jun 22, 1998 on FOX

• Definately worth watching.

This is one that they hadn't done before. I really enjoyed it after some of the copies and rip offs that had been produced around that time. When we think of virtual reality we think that it's something that will become bigger in the future. This episode warns us of the consiquences of becoming overly dependent on it. In this world everyone walks around with a virtual reality device on their head. It helps them to enjoy life and work more. When a painter is painting a building virtual reality helps him to enjoy his work more by allowing him to think that he is painting a masterpiece. This episode involved Maggie's experience under virtual reality. They were attempting to obtain information about sliding from her while she was under vr. She thought that she had come out of vr and that her friends were being manipulated by it. It was slightly hard to follow, but overall it was quite good. I really did like the concept of using virtual reality to help heal people in medical facilities. Hopefully this technology could be used for something good like this in our real life future.