Smallville

Covenant (2)

Aired Friday 8:00 PM May 19, 2004 on The CW

• Wow.

A finale that had so much promise kept me wondering almost all the way through if it would be as captivating as the last two season finales. And surprise, surprise - it was!

The appearance of the mystery girl had me wondering if this was Kara the Supergirl, only to have it turn out to be a girl used by Jor-El to lure Clark to him. I was wondering when Jor-El would finally want Clark for himself. The episode in itself was above average until the last five minutes, where it turns into pure gold.

So many things happened before that - Pete already left, Lana flew to Paris, Chloe was willing to give up her freedom, and Clark learned about Lex's investigation. But that was only the beginning. The last five minutes were pure brilliance - I couldn't believe how great it was.

Now I can't wait to begin watching the following season to see if Chloe is alive (okay, I know this one, but still, that was a damn finale), how Clark will return, what will happen Lana, and so much more. Now this is how you do a finale.