Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Kara might return in season 9

i have read that LV said or eluded to that she might return for season 9.

OdumCarlock

[21]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 12
    I didn't say I blamed her, just don't see the justification for bringing someone back that didn't do anything to begin with and would just end up taking the focus off Clark and turn it into the Supergirl show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

loganrogue24

[22]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 6
    you fans make me laugh you really do, you keep saying Kara did not add anything in clarks life thats like saying Jonathan and Martha did not add anything to clarks life, Kara adds that family dynamic that made sv diferent and good, so if Kara is there its a Kara show ok then so why not rename sv Clark Kent and his amazeing friends i mean you have Green Arrow John Jones the Legion the Justice League, there are Supergirl fans in the world not just male heroes, i just want Kara and Clark to bond and learn from each other idk why you guys are against it.

borikuarocks

[23]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 13
    loganrogue24 wrote:
    you fans make me laugh you really do, you keep saying Kara did not add anything in clarks life thats like saying Jonathan and Martha did not add anything to clarks life, Kara adds that family dynamic that made sv diferent and good, so if Kara is there its a Kara show ok then so why not rename sv Clark Kent and his amazeing friends i mean you have Green Arrow John Jones the Legion the Justice League, there are Supergirl fans in the world not just male heroes, i just want Kara and Clark to bond and learn from each other idk why you guys are against it.
    Your not READING and UNDERSTANDING what people post. She's too powerful. Period. If she arrived and DIDNT have all her powers, than Id say go for it. Take Doomsday for instance, why worry, when Kara can easily toss him to the sun, or maroon him on the moon. Do you understand? In the comics, Kara would be considered a "Superman Level" Hero, in a time where theres NO SUPERMAN! It takes the threat out of everyday Meteor Freaks. Kara will always be superior to Clark. Having her gone, allowing Clark to advanced beyond, hell Il settle to her equal, power level would warrant a return of Kara.

jrsgalaxy

[24]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 14
    [QUOTE="borikuarocks"]
    loganrogue24 wrote:
    Unless you put out some valid points to your cause other than "I like her". What would her purpose be on the show? Whats her angle? Convince us that your right, and try not to be so abrrasive.

She could teach Clark how to fly.

OdumCarlock

[25]Apr 7, 2009
    Comparing Kara to Jonathan and Martha Kent is ridiculous. for the handful of episodes she was on the show she was a brat. Jonathan and Martha were there for several seasons appearing weekly to teach Clark how to be a good man.

If some new menace arises who do you think the League would want? Clark, untrained, not even fully powered, or Kara? yep. Kara. everytime. that's why she shouldn't be a regular on the show. I refuse to say bring her back just for the benefit of eye candy.

zepherous35

[26]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 26
    OdumCarlock wrote:
    Comparing Kara to Jonathan and Martha Kent is ridiculous. for the handful of episodes she was on the show she was a brat. Jonathan and Martha were there for several seasons appearing weekly to teach Clark how to be a good man. If some new menace arises who do you think the League would want? Clark, untrained, not even fully powered, or Kara? yep. Kara. everytime. that's why she shouldn't be a regular on the show. I refuse to say bring her back just for the benefit of eye candy.
    You are so right about that. Its like I posted and borikua posted, and many others, she is just to darn powerful. Clark looks like a child compared to her. I think they gave her a nice send off and should leave it at that. Now, I will say, if Clark gets to his full potential (all abilities controlled, etc.) then it would be OK to have her appear a few times. Its just not right for her to be the all powerful Supergirl that can save the world, and Clark is the Red/Blue Blur that can save a few people in Metropolis and Smallville, in my opinion. And for the eye candy, shes not that great looking to me.
    Edited on 04/07/2009 6:43pm

OdumCarlock

[27]Apr 7, 2009
    zepherous35 wrote:
    OdumCarlock wrote:
    Comparing Kara to Jonathan and Martha Kent is ridiculous. for the handful of episodes she was on the show she was a brat. Jonathan and Martha were there for several seasons appearing weekly to teach Clark how to be a good man. If some new menace arises who do you think the League would want? Clark, untrained, not even fully powered, or Kara? yep. Kara. everytime. that's why she shouldn't be a regular on the show. I refuse to say bring her back just for the benefit of eye candy.
    You are so right about that. Its like I posted and borikua posted, and many others, she is just to darn powerful. Clark looks like a child compared to her. I think they gave her a nice send off and should leave it at that. Now, I will say, if Clark gets to his full potential (all abilities controlled, etc.) then it would be OK to have her appear a few times. Its just not right for her to be the all powerful Supergirl that can save the world, and Clark is the Red/Blue Blur that can save a few people in Metropolis and Smallville, in my opinion. And for the eye candy, shes not that great looking to me.
    Me either and in one of my comments I even put (Questionable) next to eye candy. but I can't imagine any other reason anyone would want her back unless they had a little crush going because she had zero impact on the show and honestly, was just in the way at every turn.

loganrogue24

[28]Apr 7, 2009
    you don"t want Kara back cause shes to powerfull that is the stupidest thing i ever heard, well Martion Manhunter should have been in that league to hes more powerfull then Clark but ik what your gonna say he dose not have his powers anymore, Kara can be Clarks link to his family something that season 8 ignores, i guess we are never gonna agree but that makes for good debate i think, i would love Kara back as a recuring guest star at least that would be good.

zepherous35

[29]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 26
    loganrogue24 wrote:
    you don"t want Kara back cause shes to powerfull that is the stupidest thing i ever heard, well Martion Manhunter should have been in that league to hes more powerfull then Clark but ik what your gonna say he dose not have his powers anymore, Kara can be Clarks link to his family something that season 8 ignores, i guess we are never gonna agree but that makes for good debate i think, i would love Kara back as a recuring guest star at least that would be good.

Too powerful is one reason she doesnt need to be back. Another is lame writing and a lame stereotypical story. Hey, I liked Supergirl/Kara in JLU and STAS. But she was in her element. Shes NOT in her element on Smallville...plus LV doesnt really portray her that great. But, Ive been on these forums for awhile and see that this thread pops up every so often. I leave everyone to their own opinion, but you can see what the general consensus is thus far.

Enthropii

[31]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 23
    OK, first things first, Kara - like a lot of other characters - should have NEVER been in Smallville. I can excuse a lot of the other characters' presence, but in Kara's case it kinda destroyed her purpose almost immediately. In the comics, CLark was protective of her due to him being an established hero already and the fact that he knew the Bats wasnt too happy abt her being around. And also, there was a nice complexity when Kara realises that her "baby" cousin is seen as a God among men. That is NOT happening here.

As for Kara teaching Clark to fly, I'm sorry, but that's almost as bad as Lana/Chloe's death making Clark fly. It shouldnt take someone's death to want to make Clark try. And it should definitely be Clark taking an interest in his own abilities to try exploring them. For cryin out loud, he hasn't even TRIED to go down to the FoS.

And Kara canNOT be compared to Martha or Jonathan. They actually meant something. They made Clark. If there were no Kents, it'll be Red Son all over again. Kara was just a gimmick to bring in fanboys who just wanna see a live-action Supergirl and of course anyone who wanted to see that rack floating around.

And as for LV's performance, there was nothing great about it. I don't blame her, but clearly her character was not very needed. Even the one "exploring" their past was pathetic. Seemed like they were just tryin to make as much use of the characters that they were allowed to use.

OdumCarlock

[32]Apr 7, 2009
    It reminded me of a mix up when me and another guy mistakingly got hired on contract for the same job... it turned into leapfrogging day after day on who was the cadd designer and who was stuck doing secretarial stuff because they only had one job to fill. I got a better offer and moved on but it seems like the same thing looking back "Hmmm no idea what to do with you today... ummmm go file in the back offices today, tomorrow we'll use you..." They had NO use for her and it showed. was it her fault? no. If I was bored enough I'd even go link to old posts where I said she got a raw deal, But, like people trying to say TW should be Superman, people don't seem to care what's best for the actual ACTOR. if she got a role elsewhere, good for her! Smallville has already proved to be a dead end for her. TW has said he didn't want to wear the suit, so just lay off and let these people do what THEY want. not be forced into roles by fans.

historylover20

[33]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 28

It's amazing that anyone would compare Clark's family ties with Jonathan and Martha to Clark's "family" ties to Kara.

Jonathan and Martha raised him. They were his parents. The man Clark is today is due to them. His "Boy Scout"ness, the fact that he's a good man and not some god on earth.

At the age of 23, Clark really doesn't need his parents around anymore. Yeah, it would be nice to at least see Martha again, but it's not necessary.

Yes, Jonathan and Martha did make some mistakes. All parents do, and I'm sure that the entire manual has to be thrown out when your child is a superpowered alien.

But, he is more human than Kryptonian. Due to his raising.

I believe that he's probably the only superhero who is actually Clark Kent before he's Superman. This version definitely is. Clark Kent is the man; the Red-Blue Blur is what he can do.

So, he already had family ties before Kara got here. He was already a man before Kara got here.

Now, it's too bad that she was in suspended animation at the bottom of a lake all these years, but she was already a teenager when she left Krypton. Human family rearing probably wouldn't appeal to her.

Judging from what this show's version of Jor-El is, Clark is supposed to be a conqueror. Judging from the disdain Kara showed humans when she first got here, the whole House of El seemed to think the same thing.

Clark is not a conqueror. His raising doesn't allow him to be. Instead, he's a human protector.

Now, Kara did grow from showing human disdain to being OK with these non-powered beings.

It's amazing that as soon as she got out of her pod from spending years in suspended animation that she was already superpowered. I think that was a mistake. Even if she developed her powers quickly, she should have had them build.

But, you can't compare Clark's family ties to his parents and Clark's "family" ties to Kara. Frankly, I didn't see any family ties to Kara. Not really. Because Clark didn't KNOW her.

Just my opinion.

Kat

borikuarocks

[34]Apr 8, 2009
    loganrogue24 wrote:
    Your defense about Martian Manhunter is thrown out the wondow as you yourself has stated the obvious. He was too powerful. So, eliminate powers. Clark doesnt need crutches right now, and thats what Kara and Manhunter were. He needs to stand on his own. He needs to lead. And with those two, he was NEVER going to be able to. Its not a stupid reason for taking characters out of the show. Once Clark is at a level that equals or surpassess these two, than fine, we can take them back. BUt in the mean time, Clark needs to grow, and he cant do that withhis Fathers Best Friend, and his cousin always watching over him. One could say thats probably why the Fortress hasnt been restored. Its too much of an Ex-Deus Machina. From Time Machines to phantom Zone projectors it provided to much of an easy escape for Clarks problems. We need Clark to come up with solutions on his own. Much like he did against Chloe inhabiting Brainiac. That was ALL Clark. Thats what we need. And your comparison to Kara with the Kents, is insulting. Dont get me wrong, Kara is one of my favorite characters in the comics. Bar none. I absolutly love her characters direction. But in Smallville, her relationship with Clark is strained and cold. She, like Clark, also needs to grow up a bit.

loganrogue24

[35]Apr 8, 2009
    so family means nothing to Clark i see i would think haveing Kara in his life would have changed him but it did not really, i blame the writers for that, if i lost my planet and all my people and found that my cousin survived i would be very happy to have her in my life, if Clark is going to become a hero on his own Chloe GA need to back the hell off then, i think the Kents would be dissapointed in how Clark treated Kara, specialy in season 8 not even looking for her, do you guys have something against female heroes cause it seems like it i hope iam mistaken, idk why Kara can"t come back as a recuring charater or something, sv screwed Kara over bad which sucked.

chadjlock

[36]Apr 8, 2009

[QUOTE="loganrogue24"]so family means nothing to Clark

This is SO not true. But like everyone else has posted, this is a story about CLARK. His family got him going in the right direction. Now HE has to grow up the rest of they way, and Kara/MM obstruct that. A visit or two from Kara I don't think anyone else has a problem with. But he needs to be his own person.

borikuarocks

[37]Apr 8, 2009
    loganrogue24 wrote:
    so family means nothing to Clark i see i would think haveing Kara in his life would have changed him but it did not really, i blame the writers for that, if i lost my planet and all my people and found that my cousin survived i would be very happy to have her in my life, if Clark is going to become a hero on his own Chloe GA need to back the hell off then, i think the Kents would be dissapointed in how Clark treated Kara, specialy in season 8 not even looking for her, do you guys have something against female heroes cause it seems like it i hope iam mistaken, idk why Kara can"t come back as a recuring charater or something, sv screwed Kara over bad which sucked.
    Ok your taking this waaay to personally and you need to stop putting words in my mouth or start adressing your quotes to the people you mean it to. I have NO frickin problem with female heroes. I never said that. I didnt hear anyone here say that. Your stuck in your own delusional world where Kara sits on her Altar and the universe revolves around her. Wake up! Sit back, take a deep breath and relax. You shoot all our opinions down yet cant seem to formulate a worthy defense that would warrant Karas return. Why dont you expend your energy in writing a thought out reason as to WHY Kara should come back instead of posting insults and rants like youve been doing.

OdumCarlock

[38]Apr 8, 2009
    Another angle is Clark is used to life in a small town living on a farm, Kara comes from a bustling thriving planet that she remembers. it's common sense that she would want to travel and see the world. why would she even want to be stuck on a farm at this point? it's a whole new world she found herself on. common sense says she would want to explore every square inch of it. I also have nothing against female heroes. but when they're counter productive to the story, ship em off. and if it makes you feel better, in between each episode, Kara comes back the the Kent farm and they have family reunions, picnics, the whole 9 yards.

historylover20

[39]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 28

I don't think any of us have said we're against female superheroes (superheroines?) Since Wonder Woman will probably never appear, I can't think of too many other DC superheroines.

If they have a Justice League spinoff, then, by all means, include Kara. That would be fun to watch!

But, you have been insulting, and the only thing you ever post is "Bring Kara back to Smallville!"

After how Laura Vandervoort was treated on Smallville and written off without explanation, why would you want her back? I know I'm happy she has a career outside of Smallville, and I'm hoping to see her in more things, like that show on SciFi (again, refusing to acknowledge the name change). Or that show on ABC, V? I'm hoping it's good and Smallville will just be a mention on her resume.

But, you have put post after post after post after post after post, begging for Kara to come back to Smallville and being hostile to those who have good reasons not to see her again. If she appears in another episode, I definitely won't change the channel or anything (I loved Bloodlines this season), but you have been nothing but rude and hostile to us. You are taking everything way too personally. Are you Laura Vandervoort? Are you her press agent? Her agent? Why does it matter so personally what we feel about Kara?

The show isn't called the Kara Chronicles. It's called Smallville, and it's supposed to be the coming-of-age story of Clark Kent. Not Kara-El.

Kat

loganrogue24

[40]Apr 8, 2009
    iam sorry guys i did not mean to be rude or mean to you guys i just like the Kara charater and feel she should be in Clarks life, i just think that Kara can be apart of Clarks life before he is superman, i would love a Kara spinoff but cw are dumb to do that, i hope you guys can forgive me iam sorry for being rude to you guys.