Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: Booster (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Apr 18, 2011
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 4/22/11 episode "Booster" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jwgrlrrajn

[2]Apr 18, 2011
    • level: 23
    First!

Looks like fun, I can't wait. (although, I'm not sure how I feel about Cat showing up again)

alirk

[3]Apr 18, 2011
    • level: 22

jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    First! Looks like fun, I can't wait. (although, I'm not sure how I feel about Cat showing up again)

Agreed...I kinda enjoy Cat, but at the same time, she is pretty annoying

Enthropii

[4]Apr 18, 2011
    I think Cat is the only other character I detest as much as Lana...

RaizenYusuke

[5]Apr 18, 2011
    • level: 28

Same here, but she is not as annoying as Lana for me. When Cat gets trained by some expertkarate man and gets a super powered body armor than maybe just maybe she'll come close. Wink

anthem47

[6]Apr 18, 2011
    • level: 6

I don't mind Cat, if only because she's at least annoying-by-design. Lana doesn't have that excuse! Tongue outActually, I like the fact that I don't like her, if that makes sense. Some of my favourite characters of all time have been irritating/horrible people. BSG's Gaius Baltar was a fantastically crafted quasi-villain, self-absorbed, delusional, dangerous, my favourite part of the show. I wouldn't like him if I met him, but I like what he contributed to the show. Same with Cat...er, sort of, not as much as Gaius, but same principle.

They needed to bring someone in anyway, with Oliver gone the show has a three person main cast at the moment (!).

Enthropii

[7]Apr 18, 2011
    anthem47 wrote:

I don't mind Cat, if only because she's at least annoying-by-design. Lana doesn't have that excuse! Tongue outActually, I like the fact that I don't like her, if that makes sense. Some of my favourite characters of all time have been irritating/horrible people. BSG's Gaius Baltar was a fantastically crafted quasi-villain, self-absorbed, delusional, dangerous, my favourite part of the show. I wouldn't like him if I met him, but I like what he contributed to the show. Same with Cat...er, sort of, not as much as Gaius, but same principle.

They needed to bring someone in anyway, with Oliver gone the show has a three person main cast at the moment (!).

Areed.

RAPTURE052111

[8]Apr 18, 2011
    • level: 2

I like Cat. The actress that plays her is hot. She does have a distinct voice, but I think its cute.

I remember her from that show Jack & Bobby from yrs. ago.

Enthropii

[9]Apr 19, 2011
    RAPTURE052111 wrote:

I like Cat. The actress that plays her is hot. She does have a distinct voice, but I think its cute.

Just outta curiosity, do you also like nails on a chalkboard?

kanniballl

[10]Apr 19, 2011
    • level: 18

My biggest problem with Cat is she's a zealot. She's right, all other opinions to the contrary are wrong.

It really bugs me when I meet people like that, whether the topic is subjective or objective.

The other thing is she's a hypocrit, something I reallycannot stand. At one point of an episode she goes on a rant about how vigilantes hide their identity, and later we find out that she does similar things as a writer.

By as others said, it's by design. The writers are giving us a normal-person type of antagonist instead of a super-powered meta or an evil genius. Plus it meshes at least a LITTLE with the Cat from the recent comics.

At least the character vindicated herself a little (in my eyes) when she helped Lois and company during the Icarus episode. I guess seeing how she's siding with tyrants on par with N*zis made her wise up a little.

Still, I miss the Cat from Lois and Clark: a sultry vixen that served as a foil for their budding relationship.

GodessofPurple

[11]Apr 19, 2011
    • level: 6

Enthropii wrote:
    RAPTURE052111 wrote:
    Just outta curiosity, do you also like nails on a chalkboard?
    LOL.

BTW, am I the only one who was looking forward to this episode before seeing the trailer? Oh, well. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

baghban

[12]Apr 19, 2011
    • level: 9
    I think let's just hope that this episode won't be as boring as the last one.

kanniballl

[13]Apr 20, 2011

I liked the old Blue and Gold team-up.

And though they haven't done THAT much together, I also like Jaime Reyes a lot. In fact I was pretty psyched about that Blue Beetle TV Show teaser they released last year.

But from a couple of the stills for the upcoming episode leave me a little under-whelmed.

Personally I would rather they dedicated ALL of these last final episodes to the overall arc. The 2nd half of this season has been VERY light on story arc episodes.

jwgrlrrajn

[14]Apr 20, 2011
    I think Dominion is arc related.

CaptainHarkness

[15]Apr 20, 2011

I'm hoping the Blue Beetle suit looks better in action than it did in those stills. I faith, plus I've been waitinf for this one since they announced it at Comic-Con.

04dknight

[16]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 4
    all these episodes are arc related in some way, theyt all focus on clark in someway... Booster helps clark be more miled mannared when not in his costume helps him to be the more geeker version of him, but booster also teaches him that coming out of the shadowsas a hero can also work as booster does it and it works out fine, booster seems to show what clarks mistake as a hero is and that he is staying and hiding from the people and thats why the people dont have as much faith in him as they used t0

Dominion features the return of Zod which he ties into the appearance of darksied, but domiion also starst the omega on ollys head issue..

Procficy - it deals with the omega on ollies head issue as he searches for the bow of Orion, but it also deals more with clark and lois relationship AKA givng lois clarks powers for 24 hours so she can see what responsibilities he ahs as a hero. by loking ath the pics it also builds on the superman costume and it brings back kara so they can wrap up her arc in the darksied story

So each otehr these episodes on some way do add to the arc, but what your not seeing the story arc isnt darksiead, the whole of season 10 inst based on darksied its based on lois and clark and clarks development, and the real villan is lex, darksied is just some big dude thaey are putting in the final to show clark is a hero after all

kanniballl

[17]Apr 21, 2011

04dknight wrote:
    all these episodes are arc related in some way, theyt all focus on clark in someway... Booster helps clark be more miled mannared when not in his costume helps him to be the more geeker version of him, but booster also teaches him that coming out of the shadowsas a hero can also work as booster does it and it works out fine, booster seems to show what clarks mistake as a hero is and that he ...

I understand that in their own way they show Clark's growth. The seemingly episodic episodes this season have been laying it on a little thicker than years-past that Clark needs to learn a lesson from them.

That's not the story arc I'm talking about, that's more of the "theme" of the show in general. I'm talking about the underlining seasonstory arc: Zod, Doomsday, the Veritas/Traveller end-game, Zod/Brainiac and the vessel, etc. During the seasons there would be B-stories or even throw-away scenes every so often to move the season story arc forward a little bit.

Right now they're just putting Clark's growth into high-gear now since the show is about to end and they spent too many seasons with him spinning his wheels, and having him forget his lessons and the promises he made.

It's "a" focus of the season, and thus just about every episode is throwing something into the mix. But they've established the whole Darkseid invading our emotions plotline as being the "big bad" for the season, and since Chloe + Ollie getting captured that storyline has vanished.

Compared to "some" of the past seasons where the season-story-arc was in the fore-front, this second-half has been light.

I'm not saying every or every-other episode needs to be about Clark hunting down Darkseid's minions, but at least the occasional reminder that they're still around and a threat.

Though as you said, the Darkseid episodes are coming up.

04dknight

[18]Apr 22, 2011
    • level: 4
    in all honest the final is a bit like a superman movie? I hope thats not what their trying to pull of, like a "Superman begins", but tbh, lots of answers will be given in the final

mrquito

[19]Apr 22, 2011
    • level: 5

Sorry but I think tonights episode was not very good at all.

Kind of cheesy and corny stand-alone episode.

I am sooooooo looking forward to the series finale.

KingofIPirates

[20]Apr 22, 2011
    • level: 32
    Another mediocre episode with another cheesy resolution...