Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: Booster (possible spoilers)

thribs

[21]Apr 22, 2011
    • level: 8

The episode was alright but why was Skeets not a flying android with Billy West voice? If they did that it would of been brilliant, also why was he acting dumb, of course he knows he'ssuperman, I thought he was going to call him that somewhere in the episode, confusing Clark.

It was funny, as soon as I heard the name Kord I thought that Maxwell Lord would come out of the shadows and shot him in the face!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GodessofPurple

[22]Apr 22, 2011
    • level: 6

GodessofPurple wrote:
    Enthropii wrote:
    RAPTURE052111 wrote:
    I like Cat. The actress that plays her is hot. She does have a distinct voice, but I think its cute.
    Just outta curiosity, do you also like nails on a chalkboard?
    LOL.

BTW, am I the only one who was looking forward to this episode before seeing the trailer? Oh, well. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Well, I was right, I was pleasantly surprised.

thribs

[23]Apr 22, 2011

It was a nice coincidence that tonights new episode of Batman also featured Booster and Beetle (and a vampire Batman!).

RaizenYusuke

[24]Apr 22, 2011
    • level: 28

I actually liked the episode a bit. I felt it was better than last week's. Blue Beetle suit looked pretty decent much better than I was expecting it to. My experience with Booster Gold is limited to JLU and Batman Brave and Bold so he seemed in character to me the glory hounding jackass. Cat took a slice of humble pie, Clark finally wearing glasses in how many episodes, the nerd act was pretty good, and even the Gold and Blue moment was a nice touch. For a filler episode it was entertaining to me. Next week Zod comes back yet again. Nice to see he grew a beard.

armorgan2

[25]Apr 22, 2011

The episode was ok. I guess the writers really don't want him to be called Superman or even mention it. Booster Gold and all the legionaires from the future know him as Superman but I guess they want him or Lois to come up with the name themselves.

RustyBattleship

[26]Apr 22, 2011
    • level: 7

I rather liked this episode better than I expected to. Especially the little references to former Superman shows such as Lois saying "Up, Up and Away" (ala Bud Collier from the radio series).

The actor (forgot to write down his name) who played Gold did a great job of an egotistical, fortune seeking super dude very well. He had the right look, the right voice and the right body movements. However, his suit with sponsor emblems looked like a NASCAR driver. But I think that was the intent.

And the writers did it RIGHT for a change that traveling back into time would change the future AND the present drastically. But it was also humorous that Gold was a football champion as Clark was in Smallville High. I was sort of hoping they may have spoken a couple of lines of comparing their Quarterback styles.

The Extra Terristrial blue beetle was a nice gimmick to create the armored killer. But did the writers HAVE to say it was being developed for a weapon's system? Couldn't it just have been an accidental escape such as the Africanized "Killer" Bees?

Now. Confusion time. Last week at the end of the show the announcer said that there were only TWO more episodes before the 2-hour series finale. This week he said THREE more episodes. I even backed up the recorder to make sure of the number. How can it be THREE? There are only TWO more Fridays between now and the May 13th finale.

Oh oh. May 13th is a FRIDAY the THIRTEENTH. Already bad luck is happening with the voice overs.

Edited on 04/22/2011 10:44pm
    Edited 2 total times.

antdude

[27]Apr 22, 2011
    • level: 27
    :
    Areed.
    You missed a letter.

I thought it would be a very lame episode, but it was OK. First half was lame, but second half was good. This episode reminds me of Shia LaBeouf in Transformers and Iron Man. Heh. Next week's episode looks like 300 movie (still have not seen it!). :/

soccer23123

[28]Apr 23, 2011
    • level: 12

It was awesome. I loved seeing new superheroes/super villains/superheroes-in-training-Cool

It's going to end soon!!~

Whhhhhyyyyyyyyy!!!!Cry

solidusE

[29]Apr 23, 2011
    • level: 4

so the SERIES is ending in a couple of episodes and this is the way they want to end the series?

on a string of alt-universe, random future super heroes/villains?

finish the damn clark kent becoming superman story, stop it with the damn filler bs episodes! FUC!

jwgrlrrajn

[30]Apr 23, 2011
    • level: 23
    Enthropii wrote:
    RAPTURE052111 wrote:

I like Cat. The actress that plays her is hot. She does have a distinct voice, but I think its cute.

I find it hilarious that Lois used the exact same simile to describe Cat in this episode.

Anyway, I thought the episode was great. Sure, Skeets only being a voiceover in a headset was kind of sad, but understandable given the budget. Booster Gold was done perfectly. He played the part of--as another poster mentioned--a glory-hounding jackass quite well. I loved the sponsors on his suit, I thought they were very fitting.

As for the Blue Beetle, he could have been done better. He looked too much like a Power Rangers' villain. That said, I loved the Network reference that Lois was trying to get Jaime to do.

Also, Tom Welling is doing a pretty good job of playing nerdy Clark. I think the interpretation of Clark from Smallville's first 9.5 seasons has been a waste of Welling's talent. It's not that he's a bland actor, it's that Clark was written as a bland character. (can't wait to see the dichotomy between Clark and Superman)

Enthropii

[31]Apr 23, 2011
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    Enthropii wrote:
    RAPTURE052111 wrote:

I find it hilarious that Lois used the exact same simile to describe Cat in this episode.

They're listening in on me. Lol. Not a bad episode. Definitely better than last week's.

Smallville178

[32]Apr 23, 2011
    • level: 7

i was rather surprised with this episode to be honest with you. i was expecting a filler episode but this was a very well written and important episode to the show. the only thing that is bugging me is where are all of the characters? No Tess, Lionel, Lex, Chloe, Oliver, Martha, Connor. Basically it has become the Clark and Lois show. Not that it is a bad thing but it would be nice to at least have mention to the others.

Very excited for the next two episodes and looking forward to the Finale!!!!

CaptainHarkness

[33]Apr 23, 2011

I loved Booster Gold. Don't get me worng I've only really seen the JLU ep that features him and a few clips from The Brave and the Bold but I'm definitely more interested in the character now and I'm probably gonna look into getting some of his comics.

The only complaint I have about the episode is Jaime really didn't seem to be in it as much as I thought he would be. I was definitely left wanting more and I'd watch a Booster Gold/Blue Beetle show.

thribs

[34]Apr 23, 2011

CaptainHarkness wrote:

I loved Booster Gold. Don't get me worng I've only really seen the JLU ep that features him and a few clips from The Brave and the Bold but I'm definitely more interested in the character now and I'm probably gonna look into getting some of his comics.

The only complaint I have about the episode is Jaime really didn't seem to be in it as much as I thought he would be. I was definitely left wanting more and I'd watch a Booster Gold/Blue Beetle show.

You won't be dissapointed, Booster Gold is like the Doctor Who of the DC Universe!

GodessofPurple

[35]Apr 23, 2011

RustyBattleship wrote:
    The actor (forgot to write down his name) who played Gold did a great job of an egotistical, fortune seeking super dude very well. He had the right look, the right voice and the right body movements. However, his suit with sponsor emblems looked like a NASCAR driver. But I think that was the intent.
    His name is Eric Martsolf, and it might interest you to know that he's the fourth actor from NBC's now-defunct soap, Passions, to appear on Smallville. The others were Jesse Metcalfe (Van McNulty from season three), Justin Hartley (Oliver Queen), and Lindsey Hartley (Mad Harriet from "Abandoned").

PowerSurgeX

[36]Apr 24, 2011

So the kid is Iron Man?

Enthropii

[37]Apr 24, 2011
    PowerSurgeX wrote:

So the kid is Iron Man?

Lol. Yeah, a lot of Booster's behaviour and actions seems to have been ripped from Iron Man 2.

dragon22a

[38]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 32

I liked a good portion of the episode but it did have some drawbacks. Clark developing the bumbling reporter disguise was great and how people are already beginning to look at him differently or not look at him at all as was planned. I also liked his hesitance to go back to his highschool days and his fear that Lois will look bad for being with him. That was made even better by Lois's encouragement of Clark to do this so that he can go public as a hero.

Booster was classic Booster in this episode, Trying to take the spotlight from Clark and using his knowledge of Clarks destiny to do it. I like Booster a lot more in the comics now where he has moved from this showboat attitude and is in secret, one of the greatest heroes of the multiverse with few people knowing that. One great thing was Booster giving Clark advise with his name, saying that it should be more Super.

My big problem with the episode came with the handling of Blue Beetle. Dan Garrett is referenced only as someone who went crazy with the Scarab and Ted Kord comes off as a jerk where he was heroic in the comics. Jaime is actually handled rather well but the suit could have been better done rather than looking like War Machine.

04dknight

[39]Apr 24, 2011
    • level: 4
    dragon22a wrote:

My big problem with the episode came with the handling of Blue Beetle. Dan Garrett is referenced only as someone who went crazy with the Scarab and Ted Kord comes off as a jerk where he was heroic in the comics. Jaime is actually handled rather well but the suit could have been better done rather than looking like War Machine.

Apparently when jaime has no control of blue beetle it will look that, but when he has control over it, it changes into a new slimmer, and better looking suit

PowerSurgeX

[40]Apr 24, 2011
    Enthropii wrote:
    PowerSurgeX wrote:

So the kid is Iron Man?

Lol. Yeah, a lot of Booster's behaviour and actions seems to have been ripped from Iron Man 2.

I mean the kid in the Iron Man / Power Ranger suite.