Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: Charade (possible spoilers)

  • Avatar of keepnTreel

    keepnTreel

    [41]Apr 27, 2010
    • member since: 04/27/10
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 12

    Yes! Me want Lana back!!! But only to be let down by Clark! Seriously, the writers need to rectify what they did in REQUIEM episode, making it look like Lois is the consolation prize. Bahumbug! If they want viewers to believe that Lois and Clark are destined for each other, and not just because Clark can't have Lana, then they need to do an episode where Clark chooses Lois over Lana even when he can have Lana, and the only way to do that is to get Lana back for at least one episode!!!



    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of keepnTreel

    keepnTreel

    [42]Apr 28, 2010
    • member since: 04/27/10
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 12

    I also like Legend of the Seeker and Fringe! But I STILL wouldn't want to miss out on Smallville. Sorry peeps, I'm just one of those die-hard fans that see the deficiencies in the show but still love it.


    I like that people see flaws in the show; those critics will keep the writers on their toes, but I don't think that the episodes are all that bad. Yes, I'm frustrated with the twist and turns of CLOIS, but I do understand that they can't really conclude yet on Lois and Clark because everything from season 1-9 is still a prelude to Superman. If they do, then what's going to be left for future seasons?


    They also need the fillers for the show; that's the only way they can develop sub-plots and lengthen the season. They also need the cliffhangers in the end to make the viewers want to see the next episode (it's working for me! although i can understand how some fans would be too frustrated, enough to make them totally give up on watching the show). But aren't those the strategies of all shows?







    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpaceWay2007

    SpaceWay2007

    [43]Apr 28, 2010
    • member since: 04/05/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,108
    RustyBattleship wrote:

    SpaceWay2007 wrote:
    I agree. This forum has been getting kind of empty. Before, there were so many people on here, commenting and analyzing each new episodes. I know most of you don't know me because I rarely contribute, but I have been coming here, reading what others had to say. And I have to say, I do miss those times when there were hundreds of posts on a single thread.


    Well, one of the things that made this forum drawn out to several pages were fans that had their TV on one side or the other of their computer and typed in each scene as it occurred. They were not writing a review, just copying what they are seeing. This is a credit to there typing abilities but totally uneccassary in my mind. To me, they were just taking up space and spoiling the episodes for those in other parts of the world that have not seen the show yet.

    lol..That's true. There were a lot of spoilers back then.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kalel18

    Kalel18

    [44]Apr 28, 2010
    • member since: 05/01/09
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 771
    keepnTreel wrote:

    Yes! Me want Lana back!!! But only to be let down by Clark! Seriously, the writers need to rectify what they did in REQUIEM episode, making it look like Lois is the consolation prize. Bahumbug! If they want viewers to believe that Lois and Clark are destined for each other, and not just because Clark can't have Lana, then they need to do an episode where Clark chooses Lois over Lana even when he can have Lana, and the only way to do that is to get Lana back for at least one episode!!!



    It's over, done with! Clark closed the book on Lana, both figuratively and literally, a long time ago.

    What will it take to convince you Clana shippers? Must Clark repeat to Lana face-to-face, three times:I reject thee, I reject thee, I reject thee!???
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alirk

    alirk

    [45]Apr 29, 2010
    • member since: 10/15/05
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,530

    Kalel18 wrote:


    It's over, done with! Clark closed the book on Lana, both figuratively and literally, a long time ago. What will it take to convince you Clana shippers? Must Clark repeat to Lana face-to-face, three times:I reject thee, I reject thee, I reject thee!???[/QUOTE]


    I disagree with this. If it wouldn't have been for the fact that he couldn't be with her (due to the kryptonite suit)...Lana & Clark would probably still be together. Now I'm not a "Clana" shipper...I really like Lois & Clark together...I'm just pointing out (what I believe to be) a fact

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dman_dustin

    dman_dustin

    [46]Apr 29, 2010
    • member since: 03/26/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 2,287

    alirk wrote:


    I disagree with this. If it wouldn't have been for the fact that he couldn't be with her (due to the kryptonite suit)...Lana & Clark would probably still be together. Now I'm not a "Clana" shipper...I really like Lois & Clark together...I'm just pointing out (what I believe to be) a fact




    I agree.



    Clark choosing Lois over Lana would be better than Lana and Clark can't be together because of some stupid Kryptonite Absorbing suit.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of that70sshow2000

    that70sshow2000

    [47]Apr 30, 2010
    • member since: 12/19/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,049
    alirk wrote:

    Kalel18 wrote:


    It's over, done with! Clark closed the book on Lana, both figuratively and literally, a long time ago. What will it take to convince you Clana shippers? Must Clark repeat to Lana face-to-face, three times:I reject thee, I reject thee, I reject thee!???


    I disagree with this. If it wouldn't have been for the fact that he couldn't be with her (due to the kryptonite suit)...Lana & Clark would probably still be together. Now I'm not a "Clana" shipper...I really like Lois & Clark together...I'm just pointing out (what I believe to be) a fact



    Um, what in the world are you talking about? Do you even watch the show?

    Clark never rejected Lana, not once, let alone three times. They didn't have a choice but to end things, unless Clark wanted to be in pain all the time.

    You need to get your facts straight, sir, before you go telling people they need to get over it. And calling them Clana shippers? Talk about the ultimate insult. WAY uncalled for.

    But anyway I agree, the writers TOTALLY F'ED up. In this story, it really does play as Lois being Clark's runner-up. In season 8, they made Lana his destiny, that they CAN'T be together because of the kryptonite, and that if Lana was cured they would be back together. They REALLY need to rectify this. Bring Lana back, somehow cured, and have Clark turn her down. Otherwise, the show is going to end with a huge hole in the Superman mythology. Though I guess I should congratulate Smallville in a way. For the first time, they created a version of Lois and Clark that is a shell of a version of past incarnations.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KingofIPirates

    KingofIPirates

    [48]Apr 30, 2010
    • member since: 08/11/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 45,832
    that70sshow2000 wrote:


    Clark never rejected Lana, not once, let alone three times. They didn't have a choice but to end things, unless Clark wanted to be in pain all the time.

    You need to get your facts straight, sir,
    I believe that was just a hypothetical.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.