Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: Escape (possible spoilers)

jwgrlrrajn

[21]Apr 2, 2010
    • level: 23
    I thought the episode was fairly descent, I'm glad they finally did away with the whole "I can't do anything with non-powered people, cause I might end up killing them in the process" thing.

The shower scene was classic Smallville though, and I loved every minute of it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

haldrey

[22]Apr 3, 2010
    • level: 22
    An average episode, good enough, but really a filler. Maybe the name of the episode should have been 'couples retreat'.

RustyBattleship

[23]Apr 3, 2010
    • level: 7

Let's see now. Oliver and Chloe go to bed together and --- engage in small talk. Clark and Lois go to bed together and (until they hear the scream outside) --- engage in small talk. Zod and Tess go to bed together --- and engage in small talk. Clark and Oliver sit at the breakfsst table --- and engage in small talk while the girls dash off to --- engage in women's talk.

Shower scene was funny.

The Banshee? For crying out loud, must every episode have some sort of supernatural, extra Terrestrial or meteor freak in it?

Good thing I have a fast forward button on my DVD recorder. And this is the first Smallville episode I used it almost as often as I do with commercials.

In other words, the only part I liked about the show (besides ending on time) was Lois in that blue nighty.

Edited on 04/03/2010 11:53am

linusiuppsala

[24]Apr 3, 2010
    • level: 6

the worst episode I've seen in a very long time.... BOOOOOORING

They never take th Superman story forward...

Kalel18

[25]Apr 3, 2010
    • level: 11
    After a WEAK start to the season, I thought the show had made great strides with recent episodes, but this episode needs to go into the toilet with the early ones. It was pathetic!

There were only two scenes in the entire hour that made it even slightly bearable: the brunch scene with it's awkward banter, and the shower scene, which was funny.

The banshee was ridiculous. Especially Lois as banshee. Lose the frizzy hair, add a top hat, and she would have been the voodoo priest from the James Bond film Live and Let Die.

Then there's Zod. I thought he was finally catching on, had a clue. Not! Is there such a thing as a stupid gene? Because if there is, Clark must have passed it on to him with that little blood transfusion.
    He still doesn't get the yellow sun connection?! Does he believe that Clark gained his powers by magic, and that he and his people were supposed to gain their's the same way? He understands that it was Clark's blood that altered him, but still can't figure out how or why it should be. And with all the metric tonnage of kryptonite just lying around he still hasn't figured that connection out either. Tess, you can do better, girl!

This episode was a giant step backward.

Kalel18

[26]Apr 3, 2010
    jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    I'm glad they finally did away with the whole "I can't do anything with non-powered people, cause I might end up killing them in the process" thing.
    Clark must be getting back in touch with his Buddhist teachings. No wait, that's Tiger.

pgsuperfan

[27]Apr 3, 2010
    • level: 25

Liked the shower scene too

aislingxireland

[28]Apr 3, 2010
    • level: 8

haha shower scene made that epsidode awesome.Also clark singing about lois itwas hilarious ...I feel now that clark is more human and fun because alot of the time hes made out to be really uptight. parts of this epiosde reminded me of supernatural big time... but the silver bandshee thingy looked terrible compared to the monsters in supernatural.When clark saw lois in her little outfit god his face was priceless... yeah i really liked the epsiode ...nice change from the nonstop drama in smallville.. cant wait for the next episode.

Edited on 04/03/2010 4:02pm
    Edited 3 total times.

beowulf579

[29]Apr 3, 2010
    • level: 59
    I liked the ep overall. But I just don't like that after a long break like we had...that this is what we start with. Good grief, when was the last time Zod and Tess even were together? And now they are hanging out at Clark's barn and in Tess's bed.

Didn't care for the Banshee. I should correct and say that I didn't like it after it came out of Lois. They should have just left her a shadowy presence in the possessed person.

And curious...has anyone else noticed that the comment board here has dropped off since last season? Could it be because of the Friday night move? Just seems like we had more ppl commenting on here in the past.

Kalel18

[30]Apr 3, 2010
    beowulf579 wrote:
    And curious...has anyone else noticed that the comment board here has dropped off since last season? Could it be because of the Friday night move? Just seems like we had more ppl commenting on here in the past.
    I started posting here a little less than a year ago. Contributions have dropped-off significantly since then. Not just Smallville, but all the forums on TV.com - at least the ones I frequent.

I know the Smallville forum in particular has dropped-off quite a bit. I think it's simple attrition. Probably many of the long-time posters just grew weary of the forum, the show, or both. Smallville's overall audience has dropped as the show drags on, and I think that is mirrored on the forums. No offense to anyone - I'm still here - but I often ask myself: why am I wasting my time? I think there are many others who have asked themselves the same question, but came up with better answers, which is why they no longer contribute.

jwgrlrrajn

[31]Apr 3, 2010
    The show's lost viewers, and the viewers it hasn't lost haven't been very much in the mood to post due to the declining quality of the episodes.

That said, I liked the humorous scenes in this one, but I wish it was more than just useless filler with only a few important scenes in it.

Also, the details surrounding Chloe and Ollie's "relationship" have made me lose some respect for Chloe's character. I didn't like the fact that she had slept with Jimmy before marrying him, but sadly, that's an all too common thing in the media today, so I can deal with it. But her wanting a "no strings attached" relationship with Oliver is low, even by Smallville standards.

RustyBattleship

[32]Apr 3, 2010

aislingxireland wrote:

haha shower scene made that epsidode awesome.Also clark singing about lois itwas hilarious ...I feel now that clark is more human and fun because alot of the time hes made out to be really uptight. parts of this epiosde reminded me of supernatural big time... but the silver bandshee thingy looked terrible compared to the monsters in supernatural.When clark saw lois in her little outfit god his face was priceless... yeah i really liked the epsiode ...nice change from the nonstop drama in smallville.. cant wait for the next episode.

Well, one part of dialogue I didn't fast forward was where Clark was explaining to Chloe that thanks to his training by Jor-El, he has more absolute control of his body "with everything". Subliminly hinting that he won't get carried away with a girl he's having sex with and --- ummm --- well --- overdue something to kill her. Well, that is only while on the ground. He can't fly yet but seems to have overcome his fear of heights by standing on top of a steeple overlooking the city (like Batman). Also, how come whenever they do that at that tremendous height there is no wind flapping their capes or trench coats?

That was his fear with Lana until he lost his powers by not getting back to the FOS before sundown. Later, when Lana gained equal powers from a bolt of ligntning, they were able to go --- ummm --- the limit. Even causing Earth tremors all the way to Gotham City - er - I mean Metropolis where even the Daily Planet building was shaking. I thought that was hilarious. Then after Lana went through a transformation that gave her similar powers, they were able to do it again. Howled at the scene where they broke a solid Oak bed in two.

So, Lois is safe from harm now. Well, unless she's wearing that skimpy blue nighty. As Clark said, she looked "perfect". But what was that costume she was wearing when she caught Chloe trying to get in the shower with Clark. Sort of skipped past that but didn't bother pressing the reverse button and then hitting pause.

Oh well. Outside of the pre-marital sexual freedom insinuations, it was a dumb show. Maybe the long breaks within the season is that they can't find anybody who knows anything about Superman to be able to write a decent script of a young Superman and the producers take what's flopped on their desk after a bad night out.

Edited on 04/03/2010 7:28pm

Enthropii

[33]Apr 3, 2010
    Ok, i haven't watched the episode yet, and I was honestly not expecting to like it based on the synopsis and the stills of the Silver Banshee. I've also mostly avoided reading comments so as to no completely spoiler myself.

But, I cant help but repeatedly pick up on the phrase "shower scene". I do not know exactly what the premise is, and I don't want to until I actually watch the episode. But can any one tell just one thing:

"DOES IT INVOLVE A NAKED LOIS?!"

RustyBattleship

[34]Apr 3, 2010

jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    The show's lost viewers, and the viewers it hasn't lost haven't been very much in the mood to post due to the declining quality of the episodes. That said, I liked the humorous scenes in this one, but I wish it was more than just useless filler with only a few important scenes in it. Also, the details surrounding Chloe and Ollie's "relationship" have made me lose some respect for Chloe's character. I didn't like the fact that she had slept with Jimmy before marrying him, but sadly, that's an all too common thing in the media today, so I can deal with it. But her wanting a "no strings attached" relationship with Oliver is low, even by Smallville standards.

And I think fewer viewers is a result of three boo-boos.

One is the Friday night killer. Ironic because Smallville was rescheduled, a few years ago, to force Star Trek Enterprise to Friday nights thus killing the show. Even with recorders, people have other things to do with friends, family, etc. on Friday nights and by Monday they don't bother watching the show because it's "stale" by now.

Two is the ridiculously long breaks during each season. I can accept a Holiday break from Thanksgiving to New Years (with Channakah in between there somewhers), but no justification for this last long break. No break for Easter and this last episode was on Good Friday. Doesn't anybody at the program scheduling know how to read a calendar?

Third is lousy writing, bad scripts, poor quality special effects, too many supernatural people/aliens/critters (though they have by-passed Nessie, Ogie-Pogie, Sasquach, Yeti and a couple of others from "Monstor Quest" -- that actually did find monstor man-eating Catfish and Piranha in Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri).

Though a 10th season has been announced, if any more episodes like this last one are aired, the 9th season will be a bit on the short side.

Edited on 04/04/2010 8:46am

RustyBattleship

[35]Apr 3, 2010

Enthropii wrote:
    Ok, i haven't watched the episode yet, and I was honestly not expecting to like it based on the synopsis and the stills of the Silver Banshee. I've also mostly avoided reading comments so as to no completely spoiler myself. But, I cant help but repeatedly pick up on the phrase "shower scene". I do not know exactly what the premise is, and I don't want to until I actually watch the episode. But can any one tell just one thing: "DOES IT INVOLVE A NAKED LOIS?!"

Sadly, no. Sorry about that. But I was hoping for that also. But what else can you expect from a "Dirty Old Man". Oops, skip the "Old" part. I have a favorite baseball hat that says "I may grow old, but I refuse to grow up".

antdude

[36]Apr 3, 2010
    • level: 27
    Filler episode and not good. Next week's episode looks interesting.

JordanElliot

[37]Apr 3, 2010
    • level: 2

Granted this episode was not stellar but it didn't entirely suck...

Broaching the subject that is/was covered in great humor and detail if you google:

Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex
    By Larry Niven

the first non commercial link will yield: Reprinted from All the Myriad Ways © 1971 by Larry Niven. Reprinted with permission.

where you will find 12 great reasons that it would be impossible for Clark to be in "full control" of his .... ahem... well you what i mean.

..."IV

Lastly, he'd blow off the top of her head.

Ejaculation of semen is entirely involuntary in the human male, and in all other forms of terrestrial life. It would be unreasonable to assume otherwise for a kryptonian. But with kryptonian muscles behind it, Kal-El's semen would emerge with the muzzle velocity of a machine gun bullet. (*One can imagine that the Kent home in Smallville was riddled with holes during Superboy's puberty. And why did Lana Lang never notice that?*)

In view of the foregoing, normal sex is impossible between LL and Superman.

Artificial insemination may give us better results." ...

I thought the episode was fine, but the Silver Banshee costume/make-up Sucked. Eye Candy, dammit, I watch Smallville for the Eye Candy

Enthropii

[38]Apr 4, 2010
    RustyBattleship wrote:

"I may grow old, but I refuse to grow up".

Wisdom at its best amigo.

CaptainHarkness

[39]Apr 4, 2010

I didn't really expect a whole loot from this ep. It was just mostly awkward. But I am really looking forward to next week.

RustyBattleship

[40]Apr 4, 2010

JordanElliot wrote:

Ejaculation of semen is entirely involuntary in the human male, ------- In view of the foregoing, normal sex is impossible between LL and Superman.

Artificial insemination may give us better results." ...

Candy

Well, after two marriages and a few girl friends in between, I will argue your "involuntary" theory. We CAN control ourselves, if you know how. But this is not the right forum for sex education.