Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: Finale (possible spoilers)

jrsgalaxy

[21]May 11, 2011
    • level: 14

Remember back in season 4 premiere when Martha used Black K to separate Kal El from Clark. Does it separate it permanently or dids it recess back into Clark? The reason I ask is if he no longer has that Kryptonian side will it affect his ability to defeat Darseid or fly maybe?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kanniballl

[22]May 11, 2011
    • level: 18

jrsgalaxy wrote:

Remember back in season 4 premiere when Martha used Black K to separate Kal El from Clark. Does it separate it permanently or dids it recess back into Clark? The reason I ask is if he no longer has that Kryptonian side will it affect his ability to defeat Darseid or fly maybe?

In that episode, Martha did separate Clark from Kal El... BUT Clark then re-integrated himself with Kal-El a few seconds later.

It seems like, at least from TV cannon, Black Kryptonite can permanently separate an entity. The two halves seem to recombine when they come in contact with each other and some Black K at the same time.

On the show we never saw anyone separated for more than a few days. Except for Doomsday that is supposedly alive (but buried) after being separated from his human half.

There are some questions, such as whether Jor-El used Black K to make Kal several seasons ago. Just before the example you describe Clark went full Kryptonian in personal views AND flight. And as you said, Black K "fixed" him.

I've read some convincing arguments on both sides whether who's holding the Black K during recombining affects the re-combined being's personality. Or if it goes back to a full 50/50 balance.

Edited on 05/11/2011 1:10pm
    Edited 6 total times.

dantheman18999

[23]May 12, 2011
    • level: 3

friday the 13th.....the final smallville....interesting. i hope lana gets fried by darkside...and they should have tess wear that dress again ....the opened one from a couple episodes ago....im sure you all know which one i mean. all ripping aside...i'm out of shows to watch now. i'll miss it.

JaiCSC

[24]May 12, 2011
    • level: 17

dantheman18999 wrote:

and they should have tess wear that dress again ....the opened one from a couple episodes ago....im sure you all know which one i mean.

Hey, I'm the creepy Cassidy Freeman/Tess Mercer obsessed Stalker on this forum... And there'e only one more episode left for me to act like that act like that. I can't hold back the tears now.

Edited on 05/12/2011 5:16am

kanniballl

[25]May 12, 2011
    • level: 18

dantheman18999 wrote:

friday the 13th.....the final smallville....interesting. i hope lana gets fried by darkside...and they should have tess wear that dress again ....the opened one from a couple episodes ago....im sure you all know which one i mean. all ripping aside...i'm out of shows to watch now. i'll miss it.

What, from "Kent" That Clark Luthor gave her?

As for Lana last I heard, Kristen Krueck announced she wasn't going to appear in the pilot. Whether that changed or was a mis-direct, I have no idea. I think she was poorly written, particularly some of her final seasons. And the brief "return" was just weak on so many levels.

Edited on 05/12/2011 5:34am

Thyrandus

[26]May 12, 2011

Here's how i've been envisioning/daydreaming the finale for the past weeks:

1. Lex attends Clark and Lois wedding.

2. Clark and Lex reunite at the mansion ruins and seal their eternal rivalry.

3. Darkseid threatens Metropolis: chaos and mayhem everywhere, heroes trying desperately to prevent it.

4. Clark faces Darkseid and loses, being forced to withdraw from the battle.

5. Clark, ashamed from losing and not knowing what to do, seeks Jor El's council.

6. At the Fortress:

- Jor El: My son, this world needs you, now more than ever. You never needed me to tell you you were ready - it has always been up to you to determine when it is so.

Jor El lightens the suit, encased in ice; Clark turns and walks towards it.

- Jor El: It is time for you to become the hero they need; it is time for you to claim your destiny.

Slowly, john williams superman's themes first notes sound in the distance.

Clark touches the ice case and looks one last back one last time, seeing Jonathan and Martha Kent smiling at him. He smiles back - his first of many superman-everything-will-be-alright-smile.

The scene switches to outside the fortress; a red and blue blur shoots towards the sky.

A close-up look at Superman, a determined, stern expression on his face.

7. Superman flies back to Metropolis and faces Darkseid, this time vanquishing him.

8. Metropolis is saved; Superman flies Lois around the city.

9. Lex Luthor, watching from atop Luthor Corp, smiles at the sight of Superman.

- Lex Luthor: So it begins.

MuhammadShah

[27]May 12, 2011
    • level: 7

Thyrandus wrote:

The scene switches to outside the fortress; a red and blue blur shoots towards the sky.

A close-up look at Superman, a determined, stern expression on his face.

7. Superman flies back to Metropolis and faces Darkseid, this time vanquishing him.

The thought of him finally becoming 'Superman' gives me goosebumps.

gatoraderising

[28]May 12, 2011
    The end is almost here. It's going to great to see Lex again. All I know is they better have Clark put on the Superman suit and become Superman before the very end of the ep. I went to see more then 5 min of Clark as Superman.

alirk

[29]May 12, 2011
    • level: 22

dantheman18999 wrote:

i hope lana gets fried by darkside...

Tisk, tisk...Such unecessary meaness Wink

jrsgalaxy

[30]May 12, 2011
    • level: 14
    alirk wrote:

dantheman18999 wrote:

i hope lana gets fried by darkside...

Tisk, tisk...Such unecessary meaness Wink

But very understandable.

CrazyLady22

[31]May 12, 2011
    • level: 13
    gatoraderising wrote:
    The end is almost here. It's going to great to see Lex again. All I know is they better have Clark put on the Superman suit and become Superman before the very end of the ep. I went to see more then 5 min of Clark as Superman.

I completely agree I'd like to actually see Clark as Superman, not just Superman flying into the sky. I cannot wait to see Clark face off against Lex again their bother-like added an element to the show that put it over the top.

antdude

[32]May 13, 2011
    • level: 27
    I hope this series finale doesn't suck. I will be recording though. Is anyone doing a party for this series finale?

Where's that Space promo. at?
    Edited on 05/13/2011 5:41am
    Edited 3 total times.

Zawman13

[33]May 13, 2011

If lana does return im not sure if she'd even see/meet withClark, solely based on the fact that she isessentiallya giant walking piece ofmeteorrock, kryptonite if you want to betechnical.... And she could only hurt clark. The only way i see her making a cameo is if she met with lois.

Redbird89

[34]May 13, 2011

Well the night is upon us I can't wait to see this Finale and hope that it is amazing. But I also am very very sad that Smallville if over Next to Sargtate SG-1 this was my favorite TV show ever. You spend so much time watching the actors that you feel like you know them on some level. They are a part of your life. This feels like a good friend is getting married, yet you know after the wedding you will never see them again

Edited on 05/13/2011 10:25am

soccer23123

[35]May 13, 2011
    • level: 12

Well here we go. It's been my whole childhood, now I'm 16 and here's the finale. IT better be EPIC!Cry

shaw0077

[36]May 13, 2011
    • level: 1

The title should be "Super".

Been watching 10 long years, at last we might see how he put on the red underpant on the outside, can't wait.

Does anyone know what program will replace Smallville?

Edited on 05/13/2011 4:23pm

Smallville178

[37]May 13, 2011

I cant believe that Smallville ends tonight....this show had been a part of my life for the last 10 years and i am very sad to see it go. That being said, i am very interestred to see how they finish the show and also how they wrap up the whole show. I cant wait to see Tom in the Superman suit!!!! Very excited!!

Also on iTunes, in honor of the 10 year run of Smallville, the are giving away all of the first episodes of each season!!!! Just wanted to let you guys know!!!

rictus64

[38]May 13, 2011
    • level: 4

"And now the series finale of Smallvile..."

jlcloud

[39]May 13, 2011
    • level: 4
    can you watch the episode online?

game_man1

[40]May 13, 2011
    • level: 8

and so its over.

was the finale everything i hoped for... no. that said i still had a big smile on my face at the end. will really miss this show.