Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: Finale (possible spoilers)

thribs

[101]May 14, 2011
    • level: 8

SupermanNYC wrote:
    ChrisDawson0 wrote:
    Could be wrong, but I thought Mia who Oliver rescued & trained in Season 9 was Speedy?
    No, that was not Speedy. Speedy is a male, not female. Also, if you look closely after she has finished reading to her son, they show us the arrows and which the ends of them are Yellow. Yellow is a reference to Speedy colors. Which are Yellow and red.

Mia is the second Speedy while Roy is the first. Connor Hawke is Green Arrow's biological son in the comic and he also goes by Green Arrow.

I don't know what superman was up against but it was certainly NOT Darkseid, his plan would be much better than having a planet hit the Earth!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SupermanNYC

[102]May 14, 2011
    • level: 45
    thribs wrote:

SupermanNYC wrote:
    ChrisDawson0 wrote:
    Could be wrong, but I thought Mia who Oliver rescued & trained in Season 9 was Speedy?
    No, that was not Speedy. Speedy is a male, not female. Also, if you look closely after she has finished reading to her son, they show us the arrows and which the ends of them are Yellow. Yellow is a reference to Speedy colors. Which are Yellow and red.

Mia is the second Speedy while Roy is the first. Connor Hawke is Green Arrow's biological son in the comic and he also goes by Green Arrow.

I don't know what superman was up against but it was certainly NOT Darkseid, his plan would be much better than having a planet hit the Earth!

Yeah, so they just have it all screwed up in this. I mean they kind of put 80 mins of 7 yrs into the two episodes. I mean why use the second Speedy in the other season, just to put the first one in the final season. Crazy!!! But yeah, good point.

Dj_Strafer

[103]May 14, 2011
    • level: 6

Okay, I have taken enough time to let it sink in now, Smallville is over, 10 years.

First part went a bit slow but part 2, my god.

Lex and Clark were great together.

Jonathan giving Clark his suit was just amazing, you could see how proud he was, and then Clark flies away, I was clapping and cheering the whole time.

Two scenes really got to me.

1.) Clark smiling at Lois through the window after the rescue.

2.) Clark ripping his shirt /w John Williams score gave me chills.

So thats that, after 10 years Clark finally embraced his destiny.

Shame Reeves didn't got to see the end result, he would have been proud.

And not letting Tom Welling don the suit in the upcoming movie is also a shame, Im so used to Tom now that I cant see another person playing the Man of Steel.

Farewell.

thribs

[104]May 14, 2011

What was up with Clark's father? Was he a figment of his imagination, if so who gave him the suit?

kanniballl

[105]May 14, 2011
    • level: 18

Prongsters wrote:

So wait...Chloe is reading the Smallville comic book to her son about a boy from Smallville learning to become Superman and at the same time, Superman still has a secret identity? I know people aren't very bright in Metropolis as Clark only needs glasses to disguise himself but nobody has honestly put the pieces together?

Even in the comic's universe, they have movies and comics about Superman's "origins."

They know he was raised in a small farm town in the mid-west by a nice couple. The years and family-names aren't known however, and I don't recall if they know it was Smallville.

They show the movie in the comic arc "Superman: Up, Up, and Away" and Clark kind of laughs and the liberties they took and guesses they made. But from the scenes the viewer saw, they came close on a few things.

After all, I don't believe Chloe ever said the name Kent or Clark... just "a boy." SO it was probably something similar.

Edited on 05/14/2011 8:33am
    Edited 2 total times.

TylerA46

[106]May 14, 2011
    • level: 11

Awful. I missed most of the last few seasons, because I got tired of it.

But Jimmy was dead, did he got back somehow?

Again no fight and awful CGI. At least for one episode, they should have spent some money.

After the wedding is interrupted, they wait 7 years?

Clark lets Lex become president even though he knows exactly what will happen. Also, he got away with murder, again.

kanniballl

[107]May 14, 2011
    • level: 18

TylerA46 wrote:

That was Jimmy's brother.

In the episode where Jimmy died, you find out Jimmy wasn't his real/first name, it was his middle name but he chose to go by it.

They then give his camera to his younger brother, "Jimmy" and it's hinted that HE will be the Jimmy Olsen of legend.

After all, the real Jimmy is supposed to be younger than Lois and Clark but a couple of seasons ago "that" Jimmy was the same age.

estella87

[108]May 14, 2011
    • level: 14

Prongsters wrote:

So wait...Chloe is reading the Smallville comic book to her son about a boy from Smallville learning to become Superman and at the same time, Superman still has a secret identity? I know people aren't very bright in Metropolis as Clark only needs glasses to disguise himself but nobody has honestly put the pieces together?

I wanted to comment on your comment but all I can think of is "lol".

As for the episode: I was thinking of the Silver Surfer every time they showed the planet and earth from outer space. Just glad it wasn't named The Devourer.

SupermanNYC

[109]May 14, 2011
    • level: 45
    kanniballl wrote:

TylerA46 wrote:

That was Jimmy's brother.

In the episode where Jimmy died, you find out Jimmy wasn't his real/first name, it was his middle name but he chose to go by it.

They then give his camera to his younger brother, "Jimmy" and it's hinted that HE will be the Jimmy Olsen of legend.

After all, the real Jimmy is supposed to be younger than Lois and Clark but a couple of seasons ago "that" Jimmy was the same age.

Exactly!!

mtb9

[110]May 14, 2011
    • level: 3

It makes sense that Lex looses his memory but Lois stills knows who Clark is the whole time? Also, his best friend Pete couldn't stop by the wedding?

Edited on 05/14/2011 8:50am

Smallville178

[112]May 14, 2011
    • level: 7

After Letting this sink in for a little bit I have two main problems with this episode.

1. Why did Tess Die!!!! Seriously that was such BS, She could have been watchtower of something, but she did not need to be killed.

2. No close up of Tom in the Suit....That is just sad

I am also left wondering about the Kent Farm (Was it sold? Do Clark and Lois live there? Does Martha Live there?) And about Lex, if he has no memory of any of his past then how does he become the evil that he should be? Not killing his father, not experiencing his own trials he had to face. Smallville made Lex who he is as well and to have that erased should make him a difernent person

Overall this was a great episode and a great series! Smallville has been a part of my life for the last 10 years and i am sad to see it go, but at the same time i am happy to finally see what i have been waiting for! So long Smallville, Thanks for all the amazing memories!

DC1_24

[113]May 14, 2011
    • level: 10
    mtb9 wrote:

It makes sense that Lex looses his memory but Lois stills knows who Clark is the whole time? Also, his best friend Pete couldn't stop by the wedding?

The actor of Pete is in a little trouble with the law these days haha.

Prongsters

[114]May 14, 2011
    • level: 3

kanniballl wrote:

Prongsters wrote:

Even in the comic's universe, they have movies and comics about Superman's "origins."

They know he was raised in a small farm town in the mid-west by a nice couple. The years and family-names aren't known however, and I don't recall if they know it was Smallville.

They show the movie in the comic arc "Superman: Up, Up, and Away" and Clark kind of laughs and the liberties they took and guesses they made. But from the scenes the viewer saw, they came close on a few things.

After all, I don't believe Chloe ever said the name Kent or Clark... just "a boy." SO it was probably something similar.

Even so, they show a kid in SMALLVILLE living on a farm who goes to Smallville high with his friends, a black guy, a blonde and another dark haired girl. I imagine the villains would at least try and google for some smallville high yearbooks. I pretty sure Clark is still a legend at the school, being involved in dozens of incidents, being star quarterback and reunion king...thing(who disappeared in the middle of the celebration though nobody seemed to notice)

antdude

[115]May 14, 2011
    • level: 27
    mtb9 wrote:

Wow, I forgot about him. Did they even show him in the flashbacks?

soccer23123

[116]May 14, 2011
    • level: 12

Our little boy is all grown up!~

Nice ending to the series.

I'll always miss this show!Cry

game_man1

[117]May 14, 2011

Smallville178 wrote:

2. No close up of Tom in the Suit....That is just sad

I'm guessing tom wasn't willing to work out enough to actually look good in the suit.

azyber1

[118]May 14, 2011
    • level: 10

the suit was made for brandon routh, not tom welling. They were not gonna spend tons of money to make Tom a suit

Dj_Strafer

[119]May 14, 2011
    • level: 6

So that was the suit from Returns? Thought it looked familiar.

JaiCSC

[120]May 14, 2011
    • level: 17
    antdude wrote:
    mtb9 wrote:

Wow, I forgot about him. Did they even show him in the flashbacks?

I think they didn't/couldn't. what with Sam Jones arrest and all.