TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Smallville Forums

The CW (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: Luthor (possible spoilers)

homer813

[21]Dec 3, 2010
    • level: 6
    wow, great episode. really love how they're tying it back to more of the comics.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

antdude

[22]Dec 3, 2010
    • level: 27
    I actually kind of enjoyed it. I wished it showed more darker side of the dimension/world even if it is two parts. It was nice to see an old cool actor (Lionel) return. I can't wait for future episodes with him.

Hmm, next week's episode look good too since it is related to the last episode.

kruptedseed

[23]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 11

Great episode! We all heard the talk about bring back old cast members, and if they wanted Lionel they where going to have to do something big. And they did it. I always enjoy seeing the bad boy Clark, but these was better. It's like red K PLUS with a super kick. (LOL) Ultraman from the JL Crisis Earth that was great. And a big WOW! Clark finds out about Tess, being a Luther and hiding Lex. Question? How the hell did Oliver get there so fast? The screen said attempting to contact, when Clark came crashing in.

JaiCSC

[24]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 17

Bloody hell. How much are they going to throw our way this season? Parallel-Lionel is here now? The last episode is gonna be one huge cluster**** at the rate things are going in Smallville.

Overall. The episode was pretty good. It was nice to see John Glover return and the prospects of him returning again for a brief while is good too.

Tom Welling did a great job with Evil Clark. He was quite scary. I liked the Clark and Lois stuff and I really liked that he didn't want to be in a world where she looked at him like that and more importantly he asked Lois to be the one to verify that it was him.

Oh BTW Clark, no you didn't murder Lex. You're evil counterpart did, Get it right. You did murder Brainiac though so you don't need to feel left out.

It would have been nice to see how Oliver got in the mix and how 3 humans were able to hold of an uninhibited Clark.

I suppose my favourite thing about episode was that Tess chick. You know, the redhead who's kind of nice looking. Played by Cassidy Freeman, I think that's what the actress' name is. That was a terrible attempt at nonchalantness wasn't it? Oh well. If it ain't broke and such...

Easily the best this about this episode was some of the Tess stuff. (Tess is very pretty, it has to be said.) I like this turn around Tess' character has had. It's easily the most compelling thing right now on Smallville. I'm not sure why this is though, I guess it's cause it's a redemption story and she's still struggling for acceptance. She's from a lonely background and ultimately she's a person who wants to be wanted. It's a winning combination of empathy and understanding.

BUT LET'S GET SOMETHING STRAIGHT FOLKS

If Tess turns bad or betrays Clark/Watchtower under her own free will. I will be so pissed. I'm dead serious, I will be so angry that they ****ed up one of the strongest stories by incorporating an unnecessary Heel turn. The only circumstance I'll accept is if Granny Goodness kidnaps and Brainwashes her.

Prongsters

[25]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 3

As much as I like to see Lionel back, I wished he wasn't described so....evil. If I remember correctly, the Clark Kent universe Lionel turned out to be good. He was a crappy father but that was because he dedicated most of his time to making Clark a hero and at the same time preventing his dominance over he world if he turned to the dark side. And Clark should have known that.

This good/bad/good/bad switch the character makes reminds me of Tess. Tess is more similar to Lionel than Lex ever was.

Or is my memory deceiving me? I haven't watched the earlier seasons in years.

Enthropii

[26]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 23
    Cool episode.

TylerA46

[27]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 11

What an epic BS, worst episode of the season. Yet another good Clark gone, bad Clark replacing him. And he comes back in the tower, but for some reason evil Lionel manages to come here too, but lands in a different place (how the hell did he land someplace else).

RustyBattleship

[28]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 7

An OUTSTANDING episode.

Tom Welling certainly had the chance to show his good-guy/bad-guy acting ability and he did very well with it.

There was one problem though, almost all the people (Lionel, Tess, Oliver) knew they were in an alternate Universe but those in the "Kent" universe had absolutely no clue.

I had to back up the recording a couple of times to catch some details that went by too fast. Such as how Lionel got into the "Kent" universe. As Clark was turning the crystal gizmo Lionel was running up behind him to stop it but was close enough to be pulled into the other version of reality.

However, I still haven't figured out how the green Kryptonite light got turned off. Oliver was still on the floor so he couldn't do it. Maybe the light bulb just burned out.

I'm sure the writers are also happy to see Lionel back so they can write in more sinister dialogue for him. John Glover is absolutely perfect playing that role. If this was major network TV, he should get an Emmy or two for Best Supporting Actor.

Finally, I just loved that last scene of him buying a newspaper and saying that it looks like he got back into town "just in the nick of time".

dman_dustin

[29]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 8

I like how Tess/Clark were together, if only because I remember how Tess was supposed to be a "love interest" to Clark or rather she's in love with Clark, and I like how they managed to pull it off in this episode. The most hilarious thing about it is normal universe Tess didn't mind that "Evil" Clark was kissing her, I mean at first she was "what the hell?" and then she just seemed to give in to her "desires."

I'm not saying I approve of the relationship since I really like Lois with Clark, but still I admit I did think it was slightly awesome just simply because of the original plan of Tess's character. and because of it liked alternate universe's Tess's line to Normal Universe Clark when they met, that just seemed to exude a great deal of humor.

vdgmsrck

[30]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 12
    Is it me or did Clark Luthor fly into watchtower?

Darn CK can't get a handle on that one yet...

I don't know to much about the different colored Krytonites it was nice for Gold to get a mention... but I would like to know how the gold in the Smallville universe works... because the scar looks like a burn... so does the gold take a Kryptonian's powers away and what ever wounds heals normally hence Lionel could have used a branding iron... or does the gold-k it self burn them if they come in contact with it bringing in the possibility of Lionel using a dagger made of gold-k...

Another thing If Lionel found him in the field why would he name the boy Clark I remember something about Martha's dad or grand father being named Clark and her and Johnathon thinking it was a good noble name so they named the young Kal-El Clark... but then again this is Smallville and the writers don't think that much into it...

thribs

[31]Dec 4, 2010

Disgraceful! No one in the mirror universe had a evil beard. Would of been cool if the Crimson Archer had one.

game_man1

[32]Dec 4, 2010

TylerA46 wrote:

What an epic BS, worst episode of the season. Yet another good Clark gone, bad Clark replacing him. And he comes back in the tower, but for some reason evil Lionel manages to come here too, but lands in a different place (how the hell did he land someplace else).

the mirror box has you switch places with your parallel self, so it makes sense Lionel would pop up in a different place, course it begs the question if he ended up in a coffin underground lol.

i loved this episode but i wish we could of seen more of clark luthor.

alirk

[33]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 22

Enthropii wrote:
    alirk wrote:

Enthropii wrote:
    LUCAS GRABEEL IS APPEARING?! ANTICIPATION x !'000'000!!

Really??

I don't know. I just heard on the boards.

I meant are you really that excited or are you being sarcastic =)

bballer151

[34]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 13
    The only thing that bothered me about this episode was that in the alternate universe his name was still Clark. Early on in the series it was stated that the Kents name Clark by using Martha's maiden name and Jonathans last name. So if the Kents never found him in the Alt Universe why is name still Clark? I know its nitpicky

Enthropii

[35]Dec 5, 2010
    alirk wrote:

Enthropii wrote:
    alirk wrote:

Enthropii wrote:
    LUCAS GRABEEL IS APPEARING?! ANTICIPATION x !'000'000!!

Really??

I don't know. I just heard on the boards.

I meant are you really that excited or are you being sarcastic =)

Actual anticipation. I think he's a pretty good actor

CaptainHarkness

[36]Dec 5, 2010

Loved John Glover's perfomrance in this episode. Really made me realize how muchI miss having him on the show. I also like the Multiverse tie-in that was a very nice touch. I still can't help but wonder what Earth-Two Lionel's plans are. Should be very interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Dewbak75

[37]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 18

JaiCSC wrote:

I suppose my favourite thing about episode was that Tess chick. You know, the redhead who's kind of nice looking. Played by Cassidy Freeman, I think that's what the actress' name is. That was a terrible attempt at nonchalantness wasn't it? Oh well. If it ain't broke and such...

Easily the best this about this episode was some of the Tess stuff. (Tess is very pretty, it has to be said.) I like this turn around Tess' character has had. It's easily the most compelling thing right now on Smallville. I'm not sure why this is though, I guess it's cause it's a redemption story and she's still struggling for acceptance. She's from a lonely background and ultimately she's a person who wants to be wanted. It's a winning combination of empathy and understanding.

BUT LET'S GET SOMETHING STRAIGHT FOLKS

If Tess turns bad or betrays Clark/Watchtower under her own free will. I will be so pissed. I'm dead serious, I will be so angry that they ****ed up one of the strongest stories by incorporating an unnecessary Heel turn. The only circumstance I'll accept is if Granny Goodness kidnaps and Brainwashes her.

Tess' storylines have really been strong this year, and Cassidy Freeman has been knocking it out of the park. (and yes, Tess is VERY pretty) The scenes with her & Clark had me wishing that she'd joined the show sooner so she could've been a viable love interest for Clark. That last scene especially was quite touching. Tom & Cassidy have had great chemistry since their first scene together. Don't get me wrong, I love Lois & Erica, and am glad Lois & Clark are finally "Lois & Clark", but a little time with Clark & Tess would've been nice.

I'm with you on Tess' final fate this year. After the mess they made of her character last season, the story of her redemption this year has been excellent. I worried at first that the revelation about the Lex clone would alienate her from the team and would lead to her downfall, but it looks like that's not going to happen. And they've already addressed the possibility that she'd just give in to the "Luthor blood is poison" theory. Clark isn't going to let that happen. But I still think there isn't going to be a happy ending for her character. She may get to save the day before she dies, but I don't think she's going to survive to the end of the final episode. In fact, I'm a little worried that the newly arrived alt-Lionel is going to be the one to kill her. He definitely seems much more evil than even the original Lionel was.

haldrey

[38]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 22
    Strange, hard to follow, brilliantly done episode. They sure are firing all their cannons to end this show.

ironknight992

[39]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 3

I loved the "Wouldn't want to miss how it all turns out" by Lionel at the end.

jwgrlrrajn

[40]Dec 5, 2010
    I liked the episode a lot. I especially loved the Ultraman reference.

But the best part of all? The Magnificent You-Know-What is back!